Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink]
RoyHalladay wrote:
I just got an email with the subject "Georgetown MBA Important Update". Did those of you who already got interviews receive this email before your invite?

I did not receive such an email before my invite. What was the important update? That is probably more important than the subject line.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chains1910 wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
I just got an email with the subject "Georgetown MBA Important Update". Did those of you who already got interviews receive this email before your invite?

I did not receive such an email before my invite. What was the important update? That is probably more important than the subject line.

It pretty much said to log in and check status, which went from submitted to submitted for review.

It wasn't as important as I thought it would be.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
RoyHalladay wrote:

It pretty much said to log in and check status, which went from submitted to submitted for review.

It wasn't as important as I thought it would be.

Thats weird, probably a good thing though. I got my interview invite on the 10th of Jan but my status still just says 'submitted'
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
RoyHalladay wrote:

I received that email about 3 days after submitting my application. A couple days later I got the interview invite. I think it means that your app is about to be read - cross your fingers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V33
Send PM
GenericUsername wrote:
jerembo wrote:
I was invited to interview. Can anyone who's already interviewed please share their experiences?

I was interviewed by an admission committee member and a there was a a student observer in the room with us. A few questions I was asked was. 1) What are a few companies you are targeting? 2) How are you planning to leverage your experience to gain an internship? 3)Share a time when you were an effective leader. The interview went by pretty quickly. I actually wish it could have been longer.

Good luck!

Hi

Does anyone knows GT's interview policy? From the above question, looks like they are conducting an non-blind interview since the interviewer is quite familiar with your career goal and more concerned about how could applicants leverage their strength?

Thanks for answering!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.53
Send PM
Kudos
ian1Q84 wrote:
GenericUsername wrote:
jerembo wrote:
I was invited to interview. Can anyone who's already interviewed please share their experiences?

I was interviewed by an admission committee member and a there was a a student observer in the room with us. A few questions I was asked was. 1) What are a few companies you are targeting? 2) How are you planning to leverage your experience to gain an internship? 3)Share a time when you were an effective leader. The interview went by pretty quickly. I actually wish it could have been longer.

Good luck!

Hi

Does anyone knows GT's interview policy? From the above question, looks like they are conducting an non-blind interview since the interviewer is quite familiar with your career goal and more concerned about how could applicants leverage their strength?

Thanks for answering!

It was a blind interview. My interviewer did not read my application and only saw the resume I brought for her. She just happen to ask me specific questions about my career goals. I also got the typical questions such as why MBA, why Georgetown, tell me about your experience as a leader/teammate, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did any round 1 admits attend this past Admit Weekend event? If so please share your experiences! I wasn't able to join so I think I'll see you round 2 folks in April.

Best of luck to you guys in your interviews!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
I will have my interview with adcom in a few days.
Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RoyHalladay wrote:

Oddly enough I just received this email today, basically saying that they have received my application, but I was invited to interview about 3 weeks ago, so I kind of figured they had my app haha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is it fair to assume invites go out randomly rather than at set days/times?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Anyone else having issues logging into the myGeorgetown page? I tried a couple of times today and there seems to be some sort of a systems error?
I couldn't log into my application page either so was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Need help in understanding which college is better.

I got admits from Georgetown University as well as University of Illinois. I am from India, 3 years IT work experience (Tech Background). Can anyone help me make the decision which one to join. Please reply ASAP as I have to send my initial deposit within next few days.

Georgetown offered no scholarship.
Illinois has offered $20000 for two years.

I am finding it difficult to make the decision. Any valuable information would be welcome.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am in the same boat as sreekanth1987.

Got accepted to Penn State University with full scholarship for both years plus a graduate fellowship that would roughly pay for my room and board as well! I would literally not need to take a single loan and wouldn't touch my savings much. Georgetown on the other hand has offered me no scholarship so I would need to finance the entire program which is roughly $155,000.

I would like to work in consulting after I graduate (interested in the energy space but open to any field as well). Preferably would like to stay in the Northeast but would not be opposed to moving out West (read California). Any advice is much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would recommend both of you consider what type of environment in which you would like to live. State College/Champaign are both effectively college towns. I've never been to Champaign, but State College is basically just the school, housing, and whatever businesses are needed to support it. Especially for an international student, that might not be as comfortable of an environment (but that is for you to decide, not me). It does have more options for $1 pizza slices than any place I've ever been, though. DC on the other hand is a legitimately international city (probably with much better Indian food than a college town), and McDonough is probably the most prestigious school of the three. Personally, I would choose McDonough, but I know for sure that I want to live in a city. You guys just have to consider all pros and cons and personal preferences.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have a family member who is an alum of U. Illinois MBA with a background in tech. From what I understand, its pretty solid in terms of placement for that industry, I dont know anything about how it compares with GT or PSU.

One thing, for sure, is that basically a free education versus 150K+interest and loans is tough to pass up. I would only do it if the placements and growth prospects are comparable (which I suspect would be) to what a GT MBA would offer.

Good luck/congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Send PM
If Georgetown decides not to invite an applicant for interview (reject case), will they declare it before deadline?

Also, is there any way to correct the application tracker on page 1? it is using 2012 data
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Data replaced with 2013 :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert