Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: HBS '18 (II)
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
haiwen wrote:
Anyone who considers a re-apply to HBS for 2016 class? and what should we work to improve the most in case of a re-application? Wonder if anyone knows whoever admitted in the re-application after being rejected.

in the case of HBS, i don't think any profile, no matter how great it is or how much it has improved, will ever be a slam dunk. Just try to think what you really want to get out from an MBA and I'm sure there's more than one school that can meet your needs
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Got my ding today :( I was round 2 so that was fast!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
dreamharvard wrote:
haiwen wrote:
Anyone who considers a re-apply to HBS for 2016 class? and what should we work to improve the most in case of a re-application? Wonder if anyone knows whoever admitted in the re-application after being rejected.

in the case of HBS, i don't think any profile, no matter how great it is or how much it has improved, will ever be a slam dunk. Just try to think what you really want to get out from an MBA and I'm sure there's more than one school that can meet your needs

You're right. I'm crossing fingers for my other applications. Wish all of us dinged by HBS have happy endings, after all, life has to move on.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Any reapplicants got an invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 2+2 applicant. got an invite.
anyone on the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: HBS '18 (II)
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
sriweil wrote:
R2 2+2 applicant. got an invite.
anyone on the same boat?

nope :-( good job though! just curious, what were your stats?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
dpulavarthi wrote:
Any reapplicants got an invite?

For me no. Last year in Round 2, I was invited for the interview but for personel reasons had to attend through skype and waitlisted. This year dinged wiıthout interview, although with higher stats and very solid recommendations.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Well then, am guessing bad idea to reapply next year?!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
dpulavarthi wrote:
Well then, am guessing bad idea to reapply next year?!

Reapplicants do get in on occasion. However small your odds of admission are, I can guarantee you that they're higher than your odds of getting in without applying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, so I was one of the lucky/blessed ones that got an interview. My friend (who's currently going to Harvard) recommended using HBS guru, does anyone have any experience with them?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
MediumOil2013 wrote:
Hey, so I was one of the lucky/blessed ones that got an interview. My friend (who's currently going to Harvard) recommended using HBS guru, does anyone have any experience with them?

Take a look at this thread for peer reviews on various consultants:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissio ... 92923.html

Good luck with your interview!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
aerien wrote:
MediumOil2013 wrote:

Take a look at this thread for peer reviews on various consultants:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissio ... 92923.html

Good luck with your interview!

Thanks man!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MediumOil2013 wrote:

YES! Use him, those of you that got an interview - he is FANTASTIC. Predicted virtually every question I was asked.

Headed to HBS in the Fall thanks to Sandy's help. Posting with a different handle to stay anonymous but can clarify/verify via PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
rodrigoj wrote:
Hi, I just got the invite today, kind of surprised as I was told that I was too old for HBS (I'm 31).

I live in Brazil and while I know that HBS says that interviewing off-campus doesn't hurt your chances, do you guys think that doing an on-campus interview might in some way increase the odds of being accepted?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, do you have anything on record by a person at Harvard saying explicitely that you're "too old?" In the US, that's age discrimination, and if you have it in writing, you have quite a case (although after that, I presume that you wouldn't want to go to Harvard, but if you'd like to give them quite a black eye, I would go for it.) (Note: I'm not applying to Harvard).
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
stochastic77 wrote:
rodrigoj wrote:
Hi, I just got the invite today, kind of surprised as I was told that I was too old for HBS (I'm 31).

I live in Brazil and while I know that HBS says that interviewing off-campus doesn't hurt your chances, do you guys think that doing an on-campus interview might in some way increase the odds of being accepted?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, do you have anything on record by a person at Harvard saying explicitely that you're "too old?" In the US, that's age discrimination, and if you have it in writing, you have quite a case (although after that, I presume that you wouldn't want to go to Harvard, but if you'd like to give them quite a black eye, I would go for it.) (Note: I'm not applying to Harvard).

See my post a few pages back. The median age at HBS is pretty low because the median age of applicants is pretty low, not because they discriminate against older students. There's just not that many applicants to full-time MBA programs who are past the age of 30, because at your Goldman/McKinsey/Google-type companies the top performers are heading to business school 2-4 years after finishing undergrad. But I'm 31 and off the top of my head I can think of at least 15-20 classmates who are older than me, from both traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. There's even one guy in my class who's in his late 50s or early 60s.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hbsguru wrote:
dam85 wrote:
Lundy wrote:
also do you know the differences among interviewers at these 3 locations? I went through the discussion but still couldn't conclude which one is the most preferable

would appreciate any advice you have :)
thanks a lot!

Did sign in sheet give the names of interviewers, in the recent past Charles Allison did the interviews in Mumbai and Dubai (HBS usually sends one person to cover both ) and Eileen Chang does Shanghai. Past performance is no guarantee, etc. Sarah Lucas has also done Shanghai, and they used to have some freelancer who is now not with HBS do Shanghai but lately it has been Chang.
There is a HUGE diff between Allison and Chang--Chang is no day at the beach but she asks typical HBS questions, Allision is a lively guy with a set of questions unique to him, and they can throw you, esp. if you are unprepared. E.g. what would your best from from High School say your 3 strengths and weaknesses were? Your best friend form College.? No offense, but that is a moronic question, and even worse, it is not a normal question and it can cause you a good deal of trouble as a lead off versus,"Hi there, tell me what you are doing now at work?" which gets you started on the right foot most of the time, and is a Q you can prepare for.
Anyway, the only thing that matters in choosing between Shanghai and Mumbai/Dubai is who is doing the interviews.

My best friend from High School would say my 3 weaknesses are:
1. always blows smoke rings inside other smoke rings, and is very proud of this, and it becomes annoying at Poker games.
2. Roots for LA DODGERS even tho they suck, because he once lived in Brooklyn
3. Is very quick to criticize others for stinky farts but seems unaware of his own habits.

thank you for your answer! I've decided on Mumbai but still don't know who is the interviewer there
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
For my part-time job that I did when I was in school, they also contributed to my tuition. Can I include that in my salary ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts