Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
CT2 wrote:
Hi! New to the conversation, but have been lurking here (and on last year's thread) for a while.

Anybody know anything about Yale interview invites? I'm wondering if not having heard anything yet is a bad sign...Yale is my top choice, and I really want to get to the interview stage at least!

I haven't heard from Cornell yet, either, but was invited to interview with Ross on the 31st (Went to spam! Be on the look out!).

Thanks!

I haven't heard from Yale either...I'm leaning towards thinking I'm a ding.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Has anyone from Consortium received a Yale interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
minkathebest wrote:

I received my interview invite on January 7th. The e-mail did ask Consortium applicants to schedule their interview on or before February 14th. I'm not sure how likely they'd be to send out more invites a week prior to the deadline. It might be worth looking into it to make sure all of your Consortium material transferred over correctly?

Originally posted by andreak on 07 Feb 2013, 14:50.
Last edited by andreak on 07 Feb 2013, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
MBAConfused wrote:
andreak wrote:
Do any of you guys know when in March Fellowship decisions will be made?

Foster was kind enough to extend my deposit deadline until March 20th, and I'm hoping that this will give me enough time to find out about whether I made it into Yale and Ross, and how much financial aid I can expect from them. Fuqua isn't budging on their deposit deadline, which is February 27th, so even though it's a great school, I'm thinking of letting it go and falling back on Foster if UM and Yale don't work out.

From last year's thread Schools were making calls to consortium fellows around 3/14

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

I received my interview invite on January 7th. The e-mail did ask Consortium applicants to schedule their interview on or before February 14th. I'm not sure how likely they'd be to send out more invites a week prior to the deadline. It might be worth looking into it to make sure all of your Consortium material transferred over correctly?

Hmmm...it's showing up on Yale page that my GMAT score is missing....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
bftw wrote:
andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

Hmmm...it's showing up on Yale page that my GMAT score is missing....

I contacted them already about this and they said not to trust the status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

Thanks for your input, that makes sense. My application didn't actually get sent to Yale from the Consortium until later much later than Jan 7th--around the 24th or so--due to a delay in ETS score reporting (GRE taker here). The Consortium assured me that it would not reflect badly on me since I got all of my materials in on time, and that basically all of the people who reported GRE scores were in the same boat. I'm going to go ahead and assume that that delay is the reason for this delay (gotta keep hope alive until the ding comes, right?).

I remember when I visited the school the Director of Admissions said that they send out interview invites right up to their deadlines, so not receiving one right away doesn't necessarily mean you won't be asked. I hope that is true!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Finally got an invite to Tepper today! Any ladies traveling to the Women at Tepper event on Febraury 18th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anyone else scheduled for Consortium interview days at Johnson tomorrow and terrified about your travel plans/ getting stranded it Ithaca in a blizzard?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sonjeroo wrote:
Anyone else scheduled for Consortium interview days at Johnson tomorrow and terrified about your travel plans/ getting stranded it Ithaca in a blizzard?

Welcome to life in Ithaca :P
(Sorry, I had to!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
helpmehelpme wrote:
then one could argue that your investment in the consultants may have led to better essays and application which may have been responsible for your full ride to vandy. if you ranked darden as your #1 then maybe its worth the $1k to travel there and eat that costs to save the 55k a year in tuition from a potential full ride. its an investment. no free lunches but consortium does a damn well good job at offering great opportunities, network, and a high fellowship chance compared to traditional applications. definitely not a bait and switch

So wrong kid.... Vandy was my final application also without a consultant's help... nice try...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
...what a way to end the week! Accepted to Tuck...and Cornell... #excited!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rrossjd wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
then one could argue that your investment in the consultants may have led to better essays and application which may have been responsible for your full ride to vandy. if you ranked darden as your #1 then maybe its worth the $1k to travel there and eat that costs to save the 55k a year in tuition from a potential full ride. its an investment. no free lunches but consortium does a damn well good job at offering great opportunities, network, and a high fellowship chance compared to traditional applications. definitely not a bait and switch

So wrong kid.... Vandy was my final application also without a consultant's help... nice try...

what am i nice trying? youre the one who made the comment about using the two consultants and seemed like your comment about that was a bit snarky to machichi but even if its without a consultant youre still gonna gain some insight from your consultants assistance in other apps for your very last application..

tldr the whole process is expensive and costs money for everyone involved no matter what and we all spend money on alternate transcripts, gmat scores, gmat prep, travel, time, etc everything else. ultimately it is up to us to pick the schools and go with the methods that give us the best return on investment for our own desired goals. if something doesnt work for you then you have to make that decision
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jay4den wrote:
...what a way to end the week! Accepted to Tuck...and Cornell... #excited!!

congrats jay :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CT2 wrote:
andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

andreak wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

Thanks for your input, that makes sense. My application didn't actually get sent to Yale from the Consortium until later much later than Jan 7th--around the 24th or so--due to a delay in ETS score reporting (GRE taker here). The Consortium assured me that it would not reflect badly on me since I got all of my materials in on time, and that basically all of the people who reported GRE scores were in the same boat. I'm going to go ahead and assume that that delay is the reason for this delay (gotta keep hope alive until the ding comes, right?).

I remember when I visited the school the Director of Admissions said that they send out interview invites right up to their deadlines, so not receiving one right away doesn't necessarily mean you won't be asked. I hope that is true!

also that is probably for first rounders not 2nd round seeing as i dont think consortium event sent round 2s out by then? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Applied R2 to Darden, email confirmation Feb 1, just got interview invite on Feb 8.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
So excited! Have my Marshall Interview in less than two hours, and also got an interview invite from Anderson earlier this afternoon! Now I'm just holding my breath for Haas.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts