Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: Q159 V160
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
Wow. I just had the most intimidating interview for Marshall. The interviewer informed me when we started that the interview would last about a half hour. It ended up being an hour. I don't know what to think about that. Usually, after walking out of the interview, i have some kind of idea whether or not it went well. I'm totally stumped. I'm hoping the interviewer was just so interested and had so many questions to ask that it ran way long. Here's to the cup being half full! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elleesie wrote:
Wow. I just had the most intimidating interview for Marshall. The interviewer informed me when we started that the interview would last about a half hour. It ended up being an hour. I don't know what to think about that. Usually, after walking out of the interview, i have some kind of idea whether or not it went well. I'm totally stumped. I'm hoping the interviewer was just so interested and had so many questions to ask that it ran way long. Here's to the cup being half full! :)

I have an interview with Marshall next week. What made the interview intimidating? Who did you interview with and what kind of questions were you asked?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
I have aplied round 2 and havent gotten invites from Cornell or Darden (invited to Ross). Should I assume I ws rejected?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:

I have an interview with Marshall next week. What made the interview intimidating? Who did you interview with and what kind of questions were you asked?

The interview was intimidating because it wasn't as relaxed and conversational as most of the other interviews I've had. It kind of felt like i was being interrogated; my interviewer must have asked me around 30 questions. As a result, I'm sure the interviewer got a pretty good sense of who I am, my goals, and perhaps my personality type to see if I have the potential to be able to succeed in a rigorous program... but, all of those unexpected questions made me nervous!

I was asked the standard questions, like, walk me through your resume, why an MBA, why Marshall, and short and long term goals. Then he asked me lots (and LOTS) of questions based on my resume and past work experience and whether or not I feel like an MBA is necessary to get to where I want to be, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know about my experiences in more detail ;) Good look with your interview next week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MoveTheChains wrote:
Invited to interview at Ross today!

Congrats MovetheChains, will you be attending the Constortium Interview Day on Friday?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you muchly! My interview invitation email didn't mention Consortium Interview Day- probably because of the short turnaround. I have until the 22nd to complete my interview- via on-campus, alum or Skype. Any suggestions?

RossMBA2014 wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
Invited to interview at Ross today!

Congrats MovetheChains, will you be attending the Constortium Interview Day on Friday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
peeweeninja wrote:
I have aplied round 2 and havent gotten invites from Cornell or Darden (invited to Ross). Should I assume I ws rejected?

I wouldn't assume that yet! They may still have not reviewed your application yet, especially for Darden.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
cinder4277 wrote:
peeweeninja wrote:

I wouldn't assume that yet! They may still have not reviewed your application yet, especially for Darden.

Yea I still haven't heard from Stern or Darden. I'm giving it one more week before I assume the worst.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
elleesie wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:

The interview was intimidating because it wasn't as relaxed and conversational as most of the other interviews I've had. It kind of felt like i was being interrogated; my interviewer must have asked me around 30 questions. As a result, I'm sure the interviewer got a pretty good sense of who I am, my goals, and perhaps my personality type to see if I have the potential to be able to succeed in a rigorous program... but, all of those unexpected questions made me nervous!

I was asked the standard questions, like, walk me through your resume, why an MBA, why Marshall, and short and long term goals. Then he asked me lots (and LOTS) of questions based on my resume and past work experience and whether or not I feel like an MBA is necessary to get to where I want to be, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know about my experiences in more detail ;) Good look with your interview next week!

Well at least it sounds like you only had 1 interviewer, when I interviewed at Marshall last year I had two! and they were shooting questions left and right! I think it was just because one was somewhat new or something, though. But I hoped you liked Marshall; I absolutely loved that place!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
elleesie wrote:
MoveTheChains wrote:
elleesie wrote:

That's interesting, my Marshall interview was quite the opposite. I was a bit nervous to start, because it was my very first MBA interview, but after about 5 minutes, I forgot it was an interview, and was very relaxed. Was actually a very enjoyable experience. I will say, my interviewer made the same initial comment about how it would be about a 30 minute interview, but we ended up speaking for almost an hour as well. I don't think that is a bad thing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Any other Consortium folks in at Tuck?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
HinConsulting wrote:
Any other Consortium folks in at Tuck?

No one :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
jay4den wrote:
...what a way to end the week! Accepted to Tuck...and Cornell... #excited!!

congrats jay :)

Thanks! I wish you the best with your apps...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Anyone hear news from Yale recently?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Yale is closed today and tomorrow. I doubt we'll hear anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
minkathebest wrote:

Good call. I'll put off my fretting until Wednesday. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
CT2 wrote:
minkathebest wrote:

Good call. I'll put off my fretting until Wednesday. :)

I'm sure they are working from home..I'll continue to fret. 8-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts