Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mrzod wrote:
did anyone else notice they have class on Presidents Day (Mon Feb 18)? Is that common? I am an international.

President's Day isn't a big deal here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when Duke Fuqua will be sending another round of interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.22
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Per the website, Round 3's get notified April 10th. I don't think there is another wave of invites for Round 2.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
ghosht wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
I think Friday the 22nd is full. It was available when I first got the e-mail and I almost scheduled it but decided to wait until after work so I would have a chance to look at flights. Now it doesn't seem to be available :?

Oh well. I'm scheduled for next Saturday the 16th. I scheduled the interview, tour, and class visit. Is that right that they have classes on a Saturday? Doesn't that seem strange?

I got a car rental and I still gotta figure out a hotel.

Classes on sat seemed strange to me as well, but I have one scheduled for the 23rd. Maybe they are exec MBA classes, not sure?

I interviewed on a sat. They didn't let us sit in on a real class, it was a mock class FYI. Not sure if that is the plan for you guys also.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Invited to interview! Anyone knows what is the interview acceptance rate at Fuqua?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:
Just booked my flight to Durham for 2/21 - 2/23! I also booked a room at the R David Thomas Conference Center, which is right next to the Fuqua campus. Has anyone stayed there before? Do Fuqua students hang out there at all? Really looking forward to participating in Fuqua Friday!

It's $139 a night plus tax. Not the cheapest but definitely a lot better than the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Course which is over $200. plus you can't beat the location. Another good option is the Millennium Hotel which is 1.5 miles away, cheapest rooms there are $105/night, but you would probably have to take a taxi to campus. Wow $700 on your flight?? where are you traveling from? my flight from CA was $480.

I booked on expedia, I am coming on the 22nd friday, doing my interview on 23rd, and leaving on 24th morning.
I got a discounted hotel at the millenium - for a grand total of $108.yes, that is for two nights not per night! It was so good, although I would have preferred to stay on campus, I just could not refuse. I booked my interview late on Sat to take full advantage of all available sessions etc. between Friday and Saturday -- hope I don't get too tired!

that is such a good deal on your hotel, lucky you! I probably should've done some more research before booking the conference center, which now seems to be the most expensive option there is...;/ good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
ghosht wrote:
generalsouth wrote:
Just booked my flight to Durham for 2/21 - 2/23! I also booked a room at the R David Thomas Conference Center, which is right next to the Fuqua campus. Has anyone stayed there before? Do Fuqua students hang out there at all? Really looking forward to participating in Fuqua Friday!

Also I did not see an availability of Fuqua friday on the 22nd. Were you able to select one for 2/22 in the drop down?

Yes, it was available in one of the (many) drop downs for 2/22. Perhaps the spots are limited and it has already been filled?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Congrats and good luck to all those who were invited to interview! The current students were busy entertaining the EA and R1 admits this weekend. It was fun getting to know the prospective Fuquans, and now we are excited to meet y'all within the next couple of weeks.

To all those who weren't invited, don't lose hope. Not being invited doesn't necessarily mean that you have been dinged.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
theK wrote:
omnivorous wrote:
Will be interviewing in the Shanghai Hub. Duke booked Le Royal Meridian, in which admission events will also be held on that day. It's really a good opportunity to let Duke know more of me and vise versa. Good luck to all those invited!

Omnivorous, were the venue and date details provided in the email or on Duke's online scheduling system once logged in?

It's in the email
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Are you guys wearing suits for your interview? In the instructions it says "Attire for interviews and activities is business casual".
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hailmary620 wrote:
Are you guys wearing suits for your interview? In the instructions it says "Attire for interviews and activities is business casual".

Look back earlier in the thread, around R1 interviews, there was a good discussion on this topic. In summary, wear whatever gives you the most confidence.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

I'll probably just wear a suit. Better to be overdressed than underdressed. You can always take off the tie if you feel uncomfortable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I'll probably just wear a suit. Better to be overdressed than underdressed. You can always take off the tie if you feel uncomfortable.

The other b-school interviews I went to also said the dress code was 'business casual', but everyone wore suits. I think it's better to play it safe
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I wore a sportjacket, tie and slacks, but i'd probably suggest a suit. That's what most everyone else had and what I have worn for all of my other interviews since.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I haven't seen this explicitly stated anywhere else:

I was admitted R1 to Duke but also applied to some schools R2 that I would attend if I get in.

I assume Duke wouldn't let me defer my $1500 deposit until R2, right? I just have to pay the deposit and lose that $ if I attend elsewhere?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Send PM
obviouslynot wrote:

I was admitted R1 to Duke but also applied to some schools R2 that I would attend if I get in.

I assume Duke wouldn't let me defer my $1500 deposit until R2, right? I just have to pay the deposit and lose that $ if I attend elsewhere?

Thanks!

Feel free to ask... but I'm pretty sure they wouldnt be happy to hear "Hey, I'd pay the deposit, BUT, I applied to some better schools and would rather go there.... SO, if those dont work out, I'll pay my deposit later."

Many people are in this situation... pay the deposit as insurance
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
obviouslynot wrote:

Thanks!

Feel free to ask... but I'm pretty sure they wouldnt be happy to hear "Hey, I'd pay the deposit, BUT, I applied to some better schools and would rather go there.... SO, if those dont work out, I'll pay my deposit later."

Many people are in this situation... pay the deposit as insurance

That's what I figured, just wanted to check :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts