Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.62
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.67
WE:Human Resources (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Thought I would post about my conversation with my WL manager....

He was out of the office until this Monday. So, I called yesterday afternoon, and my WL manager picked up the phone. He was very friendly. He said, give me a second and I will grab your application. When he came back, he asked if I reviewed the FAQ and if I had any further questions. I asked if he could shed light into how I can improve my candidacy. He said I could provide more clarity into my career goals. He said the rest of the application, "we loved."

So what happens now? I hope if I provide this clarity a positive outcome will manifest on Feb. 20th (or in March, April or May)???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
@ rreish hookemhorns and bsch2013 I think we all have the same guy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't reached him. I left a VM on Jan 7th , didnt hear anything so i followed up with an e mail on the 15th - both times just requesting to set up a time to connect. i hadnt gotten ANY response as of this afternoon so I called and left another VM.

I am hoping for time's sake that i fall into the bucket of "overindexed in your demographic" but not sure. Based on you posts its seems like he is just behind on replying to everyone. How long would you guys wait before reaching out again? I definitely dont want to annoy him.

Thanks!!

PS in my free time I have been encouraging everyone who is lukewarm on Kellogg to put their deposits down elsewhere ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
onesie wrote:
@ rreish hookemhorns and bsch2013 I think we all have the same guy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't reached him. I left a VM on Jan 7th , didnt hear anything so i followed up with an e mail on the 15th - both times just requesting to set up a time to connect. i hadnt gotten ANY response as of this afternoon so I called and left another VM.

I am hoping for time's sake that i fall into the bucket of "overindexed in your demographic" but not sure. Based on you posts its seems like he is just behind on replying to everyone. How long would you guys wait before reaching out again? I definitely dont want to annoy him.

Thanks!!

PS in my free time I have been encouraging everyone who is lukewarm on Kellogg to put their deposits down elsewhere ;)

Yup I'm pretty sure we all do have the same WL manager. I tried him on his direct line a couple times today, but nothing. I've e-mailed and left a VM so I'm going to sit tight until Monday and give him another call. It sounds like some people have gotten in touch with him.

Just dying to know where I stand - I want to go to Kellogg so bad!

Enjoy the weekend friends.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@onesie and hookemhorns -

I called our WL manager around 4:30pm CT on Monday. Maybe try calling either early morning or late afternoon? Hopefully you both can connect with him soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I finally got ahold of my WL manager this afternoon and he asked me to submit more information about why kellogg and what i wanted to be involved in when i got there.

i'm confused because i addressed this pretty specifically in my "at kellogg graduation" essay and this doesnt really fit with the two buckets you guys described earlier. thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
got a hold as well. I am in the strong app, just need to see if there are enough seats bucket.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all - I sent in more information to my WL manager yesterday morning (clarification on my career goals). I haven't received a confirmation e-mail, that he received my information.

Have any of you received an e-mail reply/confirmation from your WL manager? Should I call my WL manager to make sure he received my e-mail?

onesie - my recommendation would be to contact a current student or alum, to have them give you suggestions of specific Kellogg clubs/activities that would make your follow-up essay stand out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
onesie wrote:
I finally got ahold of my WL manager this afternoon and he asked me to submit more information about why kellogg and what i wanted to be involved in when i got there.

i'm confused because i addressed this pretty specifically in my "at kellogg graduation" essay and this doesnt really fit with the two buckets you guys described earlier. thoughts?

That's definitely weird if you believe you already addressed it in your essay, but I'd say it's probably not a bad thing. Sounds like they like everything about you, just need to hear a little bit more about why them. If you can convince them of that then maybe you're good to go. I'd definitely do as much research as possible to come up with more than just generic reasons and show them why you would be a great fit for Kellogg as well.

As for me, my WL manager was really open with me when we spoke. It's pretty clear that the reason I'm on the WL is that they liked everything about me but my GPA and although my GMAT isn't bad per se, it's not helping me in the slightest. Short of taking the GMAT again I don't really think there is anything I can do, so not much hope for me. She did say that the fact that I took some classes to make up for my GPA helped me get on the WL rather than ding. So good to know all of that wasn't a waste! She also reiterated what was mentioned above about it being unlikely to see much movement on Feb 20 and will more likely come in March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Have been trying to reach my WL manager last 3 weeks via direct email and phone number but still not able to reach him. Adcom officer told me he's pretty busy and asked me to wait. Anybody R1 wait-listed still not able to contact their WL manager yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All quite around here.

Question for you all - since Feb 20 is coming up, does any one know if we will get a phone call/ e mail either way? I tried checking out last year's forum but couldnt make out anything super clearly.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Good luck to everyone....Guess everyone has been sending in updates and interacting with their WL managers

onesie wrote:
All quite around here.

Question for you all - since Feb 20 is coming up, does any one know if we will get a phone call/ e mail either way? I tried checking out last year's forum but couldnt make out anything super clearly.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
onesie wrote:
All quite around here.

Good luck!

I think admits will be made via phone calls. The rest probably through emails, but I don't think we'll get any decision this month. But fingers crossed anyway!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
i sent in my updates just today. would it have ended up being too late, i wonder? have not spoken to my wl mgr beyond the initial interaction in early jan? should i call? or is just the one-page update enough? not sure what i would really chat with her beyond what's already there in the update doc anyway.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
1coolcat wrote:
i sent in my updates just today. would it have ended up being too late, i wonder? have not spoken to my wl mgr beyond the initial interaction in early jan? should i call? or is just the one-page update enough? not sure what i would really chat with her beyond what's already there in the update doc anyway.

I sent mine in at the end of last week and got a nice response from my WL manager saying she would include it in my file. I don't think it's too late, they said they were going to start reviewing us again this week, even if they somehow already reviewed you again, I'm sure they'll read what you sent. Don't think you need to call.

Looking forward to the 20th if only because it means feeling the excitement of knowing a decision is coming (regardless of what that decision likely is)!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Most of us were explicitly told that there will be no decision in Feb most likely. I am not saying it is fun, but setting my expectations right.

Dakells wrote:
1coolcat wrote:

I sent mine in at the end of last week and got a nice response from my WL manager saying she would include it in my file. I don't think it's too late, they said they were going to start reviewing us again this week, even if they somehow already reviewed you again, I'm sure they'll read what you sent. Don't think you need to call.

Looking forward to the 20th if only because it means feeling the excitement of knowing a decision is coming (regardless of what that decision likely is)!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think this is the only time in my working life when I wished the weekend was over already . . .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
onesie wrote:
I think this is the only time in my working life when I wished the weekend was over already . . .

Do you guys think anybody's (anywhere) is going to hear anything on 2/20?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts