Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: DeGroote (McMaster University): Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Do you take the practice test under practice conditions?

Time yourself and then see if you can score in the same range.

Also, don't repeat the same tests (e.g. deleting GMATPrep tests and re-trying).

I know it sucks. No real way around it. McMaster has a very limited percentage of int. students in the co-op, I'm not even sure if I'll get through with my 670. I just finished my first interview (Co-op mba has 2 interviews)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear echelon99,
Can you please share your interview experience? I have been invited for the international admission interview. Your response would greatly help me. Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manickaprabu wrote:
Dear echelon99,
Can you please share your interview experience? I have been invited for the international admission interview. Your response would greatly help me. Thanks in advance.

Manick,

the initial interview is very straight forward. It will run up to 20-30 minutes.

-Why MBA?
-Why now?
-Why Degroote?
-Why Canada?

are some of the topics that will be covered. They might ask you for your work profile as well.

Did you apply to the co-op program?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks echelon99.
Yes I have applied for Co-op MBA. Have you cleared the admissions interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah, I've cleared that particular interview. Have my second one scheduled soon.

Are you applying to other schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for Northeastern university as well.
Did you attend a skype interview? If skype, was the online interview convenient?
Is there any dress code for the interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes it was a skype interview and no, it wasn't convenient but what are you going to do?

Dress formally as you would for a job interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Is Degroote a school thats respectable like uoft york ivey etc???? Or is it a 2tier or 3 or 4??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ASAP730 wrote:
Is Degroote a school thats respectable like uoft york ivey etc???? Or is it a 2tier or 3 or 4??

Degroote is considered a 2nd tier school.

Canadian 1st tier is made up of Rotman, Schulich, Ivey

2nd tier is Sauder, Degroote, Queens etc.

It's on par with Rotman and Schulich with respect to placement rates. And its custom built for those with limited work exp, and international students who will get some Canadian work experience under the belt and possibly be absorbed by the employers there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Btw, I went through my 2nd interview (nearly 2 hours long!) and was successful.

Admission letter was sent out on the same night! Very excited!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:
Btw, I went through my 2nd interview (nearly 2 hours long!) and was successful.

Admission letter was sent out on the same night! Very excited!

why didnt you apply to Ivey/Schulich?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:
ASAP730 wrote:

It's on par with Rotman and Schulich with respect to placement rates. And its custom built for those with limited work exp, and international students who will get some Canadian work experience under the belt and possibly be absorbed by the employers there.

Don`t forget Desautels - highest avg GMAT in Canada and highest graduating salaries. (I would say McGill is 1st tier also.)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CarlMtl wrote:
echelon99 wrote:
ASAP730 wrote:

Don`t forget Desautels - highest avg GMAT in Canada and highest graduating salaries. (I would say McGill is 1st tier also.)

NAh....Desautels is only for peeps who want to stay in Que. Don't get me wrong, its a good program, but in Toronto....It's not as relevant as you think..So its Tier 1 if you want to live in Que after...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Send PM
I have a hard time believing that Toronto recruiters would turn me away just because I went to Desautels. Desautels is very different than Rotman, Ivey and Schulich. The program is much smaller, and the career services advisor spends an avg of 50hrs one on one time per student. You'll also find the best recruiters at McGill. In my mind, you won`t get better help finding a job anywhere, and isn`t that the point?

Though you're right about Qc (only partially though, as the french community gains most traction with HEC) I would argue that the Desautels degree would be the most marketable of all Canadian MBAs outside of Canada. In the US, most people have only heard of one Canadian school, and that school is McGill.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CarlMtl wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Toronto recruiters would turn me away just because I went to Desautels. Desautels is very different than Rotman, Ivey and Schulich. The program is much smaller, and the career services advisor spends an avg of 50hrs one on one time per student. You'll also find the best recruiters at McGill. In my mind, you won`t get better help finding a job anywhere, and isn`t that the point?

Though you're right about Qc (only partially though, as the french community gains most traction with HEC) I would argue that the Desautels degree would be the most marketable of all Canadian MBAs outside of Canada. In the US, most people have only heard of one Canadian school, and that school is McGill.

I would think Rotman is the most known school in outside Canada. Buddy, your going to Mcgill, so your being totally bias toward your school. Your school is good and its probably tier 1.5, its just located in Que, which I think, doesn't give you any advantages to getting a job in Toronto......Just like in BC, I bet employers would recruit out of UBC rather than uofT first. Plus corruptions runs Que, including Mcgill. Wonder how many of you bought your way into MCgill MBA...hahahahaha...WooooH!!!!! How much you pay bro? jk :roll:

In the end, your views are irrelevant cause your going to Mcgill. So your just preaching how amazing your school is, to make you feel better bout choice of school, if even you had a choice. :lol:

Where all gonna learn the same thing, getting a job is based on whether our personalities fit what the employer is looking for.

woooooH! AASAP!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ASAP730 wrote:
CarlMtl wrote:

I would think Rotman is the most known school in outside Canada. Buddy, your going to Mcgill, so your being totally bias toward your school. Your school is good and its probably tier 1.5, its just located in Que, which I think, doesn't give you any advantages to getting a job in Toronto......Just like in BC, I bet employers would recruit out of UBC rather than uofT first. Plus corruptions runs Que, including Mcgill. Wonder how many of you bought your way into MCgill MBA...hahahahaha...WooooH!!!!! How much you pay bro? jk :roll:

In the end, your views are irrelevant cause your going to Mcgill. So your just preaching how amazing your school is, to make you feel better bout choice of school, if even you had a choice. :lol:

Where all gonna learn the same thing, getting a job is based on whether our personalities fit what the employer is looking for.

woooooH! AASAP!!!!

Even though your tier 1.5 comment was pretty funny, I'm about to win this debate in two swift steps:
1) https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/programs ... ment-stats
2) The picture below.
Attachments

WatermelonCat.jpg
WatermelonCat.jpg [ 56.98 KiB | Viewed 22037 times ]

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nice debate you have going on there guys.

Just to point out though, McGill's avg gmat is 657, compared to 670 (Rotman,Schulich), 690 (Ivey), 665 (Sauder, McMaster).

That being said, it does have the highest placement rate in Canada.

However, the fact that its based in Que does hinder chances of settling down in Toronto. The students I talked to were having a hard time landing an internship in Toronto, going up against students from Rotman, Schulich, McMaster, and even Brock.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts