Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [1]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink]
Does the Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Supplement (Paperback) come with online access.

I just received the delivery of this book purchase by flipkart.com, India, but it did not have the online access code. Now when i spoke to flipkart, they say that the book may not come with an online access. Is that the case? Please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
I am going to begin this book this weekend. Hope I learn lots of things and my strategies get better.

Asher wrote:
Does the Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Supplement (Paperback) come with online access.

I just received the delivery of this book purchase by flipkart.com, India, but it did not have the online access code. Now when i spoke to flipkart, they say that the book may not come with an online access. Is that the case? Please let me know.

No the book does not comes with online access. Only basic 8 guides of Manhattan come with access to tests, the supplement guides do not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
I am going to begin this book this weekend. Hope I learn lots of things and my strategies get better.

All the best :)

Quote:
No the book does not comes with online access. Only basic 8 guides of Manhattan come with access to tests, the supplement guides do not.

Thanks Aj85. just have one more query

What about online access to practice question and bonus drill sets (that is besides the tests) ?
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Asher wrote:
What about online access to practice question and bonus drill sets (that is besides the tests) ?

Asher,

The Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Guide does not come with access to the 6 Computer Adaptive Tests but it does come with Advanced Quant Practice Questions and an Advanced Quant Bonus Drill Set. See more here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 0&catid=10

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mmapplebeck wrote:
Asher wrote:

Asher,

The Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Guide does not come with access to the 6 Computer Adaptive Tests but it does come with Advanced Quant Practice Questions and an Advanced Quant Bonus Drill Set. See more here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 0&catid=10

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Thanks Matt.

I wrote to books@manhattangmat.com about the issue, and was granted access to the online material. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks everyone for the inputs. Just to share my experience on this book I performed surprisingly poor in DS and I went through the chapter on DS and it significantly improved my score. I guess possible reason is I was handling DS questions incorrectly although basics were right. So I found this book really useful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
I took a diagnostic and got Q39 (and V39). I've been re-learning all the basics that I had forgotten, and am quickly approaching that glass ceiling (just got a Q42 on a practice test after making some silly mistakes). What are my options for breaking through the glass ceiling to eventually reach Q50? I have more than enough time. What are the alternatives to purchasing and using this book in conjunction with, say, GMAT Club tests?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [2]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Kudos
The key to reaching Q48-49 is to
a.) improve accuracy/timing on DS problems
b.) get a good handle on the frequently tested topics - again to improve timing.

GMATClub tests are very good for this purpose - after 10 or so tests you would see your score crossing Q45 and possibly Q47+.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the great advice and reviews. I gave the GMAT on 23rd May and score a 710 (Q49,V38) . I am planning to retake the GMAT in hopes of improving in both sections.Actually i ran out of time in both sections and had to guess in the last 2-3 questions.I will be ordering this book from flipkart and will see if i can improve on my Quant performance.

Cheers
G2
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Nice review. This is a great book for anyone needing extra help to boost the quantitative section especially those that have their basics right but make mistakes with the tougher questions... It is the absolute best source for DS strategy, which i guess is the most problematic area for most test takers. Not sure whether the two minute per question rule applies to the sets provided in the section but I couldnt finish a lot of the questions within 2 minutes, and without the 2 minute limit i could only manage 65%-70% accuracy.. Overall i find the real value of this book , and the questions associated with it (the sets) in GOING OVER THE SOLUTIONS and solving them after reviewing them in detail.. Great to boost confidence...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Great review! made my decision to purchase it very easy. I was stuck at around Q42-Q43 for the longest time, and this book takes a lot of the credit for moving me out of that score-range, to a Q50 on gmat day. It teaches you to recognize the traps the quant section is trying to throw at you. While it is hard for any book to test efficiently for tricks and traps after explaining to you every trick and trap for the previous 100 pages, it does a good job of laying bare the types of questions that could be asked at the highest level.

The 150 questions at the end of the book are very very difficult, harder than mostly anything you might see on the gmat, and great practice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
@ JohnGalt44: Thanks for the input!

Currently standing at Q44 (my score at my first GMAT attempt), I thought that I have to boost my score first to at least Q46/Q48 and then make use of the MGMAT Advanced Quant. Do you think my current level will still be a good moment to start it? I already have it at home, but had jsut postponed the moment to tackle it. Your insight on this matter will be well appreciated.

All the best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
@bgpower

I know they have a caveat at the beginning of the book that if you aren't scoring above Q45 or some arbitrary line, you shouldn't use this book. However, as long as you think you have mastered the basics this book could be very very helpful.

I think the difficultly level of the questions is a bit over the top, but that was a good thing for me. It made the actual GMAT questions seem simple in comparison.

In summary, if you feel you are weak in just one area, I would say to focus on that one area first before coming to this book, if you have mastered all the basics, and are looking to apply those basics more productively, then this could be the book for you.

Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I would divide the book into two categories, Strategy and Practice. The strategy portion is good for any one who has mastered the concepts that are tested on the GMAT but finds difficulty putting things together (integrating the information to form the "bigger picture")..If you are scoring in the low 40's a lot of the questions in the question sets will be a bit too tough for you to really make a difference, However the strategy portion may help you in some cases. If you are struggling with 650+ DS questions for example, then the DS portion on the book should do you good, as it really talks about advanced strategy for DS which are not covered in many other books. If you are struggling for time, then learning to guess better may help to improve your score. Like the previous poster said, analyze whether their are deficiencies in your overall concept clarity, if not then move to this book, otherwise go over the strategy books again till you have a better grip of the material tested.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Thanks, guys!

It seems that I should first redo my Quant questions from the error log and understand the concept behind (where needed reread MGMAT Quant guides) and then move to Advanced Quant from MGMAT.

All the best,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Practicing GMAT Quant is all about solving a question (or 10 or 20 for example) then challenging oneself to figure out other ways to solve it. Try to solve PS by both traditional algebra etc and by back solving, the more you practice you will get an intuition as to whether a particular question can be solved quicker by strategy A or B. 80+% of the questions in OG can be solved in 2 or more ways, so that really multiples the amount of questions you have in front of you for practice .
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi Experts (bb/Bunuel and others),
Could you please help me with this ?

Which one is more difficult (or should I say you'd recommend) to get anything in the range 48-50 on GMAT - GC Quant Tests/Questions or Manhattan's Advanced Quant , when you're under time constraint and subsequently would have to go for either of these two ?

Much appreciate your feedback.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4