Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation-- LOOKING FOR ADVISE [#permalink]
Hello there, and thanks both for your answers..
The business is divided in 2 companies, both of them in the construction field.. 1 company works mainly for the government projects : roads, streets, bridged etc.
the 2nd one , is an asphalt plan, produce and sells asphalt and other related building material.

There are around 40 permanent employees..(office,warehouse,workshop,drivers,asphalt plant) and depending on the project the number of temporal workers varies greatly.

what field is it in?? How big? how many employees? what did you do? are you going to take it over???

I recently began working there and I am in charge of the fuels supply and administration.. I recently began working on the company. My other brothers are not working there, and they dont plan to work there. I am the only one involved in the company.
And the final goal is for me to take over the company ,, after knowing the company, getting work experience and study and mba.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Although the family business is not huge, it is nice and solid and I think they are relatively strong goals for the schools you are proposing. It makes sense to me that you should emphasize your family business and goals (it can also be an awesome source for PASSION in the essays) One more thing, I think you can also lean heavily on your international experience (the German stuff mostly) and actually I am quite curious about your work in the cannery (it makes seem totally irrelevant, but it is preeeetty unique.. I don't know how many other B-school candidates have such work behind them!)
Best of luck to you,
GMAT Club Bot