Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cs229 wrote:
I am an Indian - applied and admitted in R2. I dont monitor this regularly but realized that I might be of some help here. Very valid points here on the forum. Though being waitlisted isnt the best thing, it cerainly isnt the worst. As few are saying, many admits for indian applicants might come in R2/R3 (reasons below). I guess the best thing waitlisted candidates can do (which is within their influence) is to be active on WL and leave the rest to admissions committee.

reasons
1. looking at ning, seems for 2yr mba, there are about 4-5 indians. assuming considering only 60% joined ning, that means approx 7 admits. assuming a typical population of 8-9 indians and a yield of 70%, I guess we are talking about 5-6 more admits in next couple of rounds

2. Johnson, unlike other schools, advise international students to apply in R3 and 4.

these are just my suggestions. Also, I would assume that adcom knows what they are doing and hope for the best. Best of luck to all who are waiting or applying in R3/R4.

Yeah, well! Lets chuck this discussion, its time to celebrate for R2 admits!!

Though the numbers presented above don't look right. There are 7 Indian student ambassadors in C'14 & 9 in C'14. I have more than those in my linkedin connections :)

BTW, can you please share the source of this advice where Cornell advises international students applying in R3/R4. Thats interesting piece of info.

And thanks to everyone for all the 'Gyan' of WL being positive and blah blah.... My visible frustration not withstanding, I am trying as much as I can to get accepted! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General , Finance
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
GPA: 4
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
kdhpolo wrote:
Has anyone not received a decision yet? My app page still shows "submitted".

me
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
@saurabhpankaj -
in that case, your chances are better than my what my analysis said:) Best of luck!

source about R3/R4 for international candidates - don't have the link but i rememeber seeing this on a response by christine to an international applicant's question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Im an international R2 applicant, i was interviewed in January 25th and waitlisted.
Any R2 applicants waitlisted after interview? does it matter on the waitlist if you were waitlisted with or without an interview???
they said the decision are made on rolling basis. So will they review the app again with R3 applicants or every week?
Any one waitlisted after interview that doesnt want to write in the forum, please send me a PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am an international applicant and received an interview invite today. i have applied in R3. any tips from already interviewed internationals? I can not travel to US because of visa procedures, I can travel to countries within two weeks where I do not need visas. Such countries are Turkey, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan,UAE. Does anyone had an interview in Eastern European countries? or skype interviews? is it bad to schedule an interview via skype?
Any help will be really apreciated :))
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Tsikvina wrote:
I am an international applicant and received an interview invite today. i have applied in R3. any tips from already interviewed internationals? I can not travel to US because of visa procedures, I can travel to countries within two weeks where I do not need visas. Such countries are Turkey, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan,UAE. Does anyone had an interview in Eastern European countries? or skype interviews? is it bad to schedule an interview via skype?

I interviewed via Skype, and was accepted. Don't worry about it.

Originally posted by aakhan on 21 Feb 2013, 11:09.
Last edited by aakhan on 21 Feb 2013, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aakhan wrote:
Tsikvina wrote:

I interview via Skype, and was accepted. Don't worry about it.

Thanks a lot for reply. I am relieved I thought if I told I preferred skype it would have been a bad sign.
Thanks again
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
i'll be at the leadership weekend next week! anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I was invited, but am unsure if I will go or not.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
Tsikvina wrote:

Congrats on the invite. I think you are the first person on here to be invited for round 3!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Seen wrote:
Tsikvina wrote:

Congrats on the invite. I think you are the first person on here to be invited for round 3!!

Thank a lot, I know its early to get excited but I am and I am exploring options of countries where I can travel for an interview.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
ctgmat123 wrote:

Only reason not to go is if you've completely ruled out Johnson. If it's a maybe - still worth going as you'll be offered a scholarship of some sort. I guess the downside is if you go your deposit deadline bumps up to March 6 from March 27.

Either way, congrats on the invite!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
cs229 wrote:
I am an Indian - applied and admitted in R2. I dont monitor this regularly but realized that I might be of some help here. Very valid points here on the forum. Though being waitlisted isnt the best thing, it cerainly isnt the worst. As few are saying, many admits for indian applicants might come in R2/R3 (reasons below). I guess the best thing waitlisted candidates can do (which is within their influence) is to be active on WL and leave the rest to admissions committee.

reasons
1. looking at ning, seems for 2yr mba, there are about 4-5 indians. assuming considering only 60% joined ning, that means approx 7 admits. assuming a typical population of 8-9 indians and a yield of 70%, I guess we are talking about 5-6 more admits in next couple of rounds

2. Johnson, unlike other schools, advise international students to apply in R3 and 4.

these are just my suggestions. Also, I would assume that adcom knows what they are doing and hope for the best. Best of luck to all who are waiting or applying in R3/R4.

So since you are from a rare breed (Indian citizens w/o residency status and with US Bschool admits) I'm going to take the liberty of firing some questions off. :) Answer any at your discretion :)

Would you happen to have an idea of the general stats (work ex, geography, age, gender, gmat) of those admitted along with you? Would you mind sharing your own?

Did you apply elsewhere and fare as well there? Come across similar stats (even faces) of others admitted there?
Trying to get a feel for what sails and what sinks this cycle. There was somebody called dreamchase here. Wonder what happened to him.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
ctgmat123 wrote:

Only reason not to go is if you've completely ruled out Johnson. If it's a maybe - still worth going as you'll be offered a scholarship of some sort. I guess the downside is if you go your deposit deadline bumps up to March 6 from March 27.

Either way, congrats on the invite!

I agree with you completely. I love the Johnson program, but I also love the other programs I'm admitted to and lifestlye wise, I think the other locations (and some other factors) suit me more personally. I don't want to look back and realize I made a dumb decision and placed less important factors over money, but I'm also trusting my gut to a certain extent. A large chunk of money would certainly be a major factor, but I'm not sure at this point. Guess I have to make a decision in the next 2 days per their instructions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I should have added, I have a long-planned important trip that next weekend falls during, so I'd have to cancel that. Given it's not a guarentee to walk away with the top prize, it's a gamble. In the long-run a trip isn't that big of a deal, but it's not inconsequential. Additionally, as you mention the shortened deposit timeframe is also a factor, as I haven't heard from UVA yet.

If I didn't have the trip planned I would 100% go up and use it as another period to evaluate the program, in addition to my interview trip.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
No need to explain - that's a quick turnaround (Feb 20 decision deadline, Mar 1 weekend, by comparison R1 decision was Dec 19, Feb 1 weekend).

It's easier to turn down an invite when you're already in at two other great schools! Best of luck in whatever you decide!

Edit: You could always call them and ask if you can attend the April weekend due to the conflict (unless of course you don't want to go that late due to other schools having deposit deadlines before then). Worst thing is that can happen is they say "no".
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
thunder123 wrote:
Im an international R2 applicant, i was interviewed in January 25th and waitlisted.
Any R2 applicants waitlisted after interview? does it matter on the waitlist if you were waitlisted with or without an interview???
they said the decision are made on rolling basis. So will they review the app again with R3 applicants or every week?
Any one waitlisted after interview that doesnt want to write in the forum, please send me a PM.

Hey, i'm a US R2 applicant who interviewed Jan 28th and was waitlisted. No idea on how the rolling basis review works.

I'm curious if you received any specific advice on your application during your interview? I had an interviewer who made a very directed comment on what I could do to enhance my application, which she stressed twice during the interview. I'm working on following her advice but the entire exchange, and frankly her directness, was completely unexpected. I'm curious if it's typical to receive feedback on weaknesses in your application during the interview? I was prepared to address my weaknesses, and attempted to, but was not expecting feedback...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts