Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
Just curious - of all the candidates that Ross sends interview invites to, what percentage end up being accepted? Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
soniaj wrote:
Just curious - of all the candidates that Ross sends interview invites to, what percentage end up being accepted? Does anyone know?

Found this in the Poets and Quants article referenced above. Quote from Soojin:

What percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

A high percentage, maybe 70%. I don’t know off the top of my head. Well, we try to interview people who are going to be wait listed as well so we get those assessments in advance. Those in round one who get waitlisted may stack up higher against those applicants in round two. So it’s nice to have already completed the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2782 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
MediumOil2013 wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
golsey wrote:

Had you completed the scholarship application before? I had asked them before if we needed to complete any additional documents and they had said no; the 500 essay seems like a tall order, especially cause we only have two days!!!

I didn't take the time to look it up, but I'm pretty sure there was a line in the Consortium Application about fulfilling Tuck's requirements for financial aid by the deadline that corresponds to your application round. I actually thought they meant the date that the Application was due so I cranked it out like a day after I submitted my Consortium Application.

I am a RD 1 applicant. I called Fin Aid earlier this week to ask for an extension in order to finalize my taxes, but I was kindly denied. I need to wake up tomorrow and write that essay. I rushed to get my taxes finalized today (even though the form only requires estimates). The date certainly crept up on me. I should have submitted it as soon as I finished my CGSM app, but I was a little burned out. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Kudos
Just got admitted to UT McCombs!!!! (CGSM 1) So happy :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
tonebeeze wrote:
I am a RD 1 applicant. I called Fin Aid earlier this week to ask for an extension in order to finalize my taxes, but I was kindly denied. I need to wake up tomorrow and write that essay. I rushed to get my taxes finalized today (even though the form only requires estimates). The date certainly crept up on me. I should have submitted it as soon as I finished my CGSM app, but I was a little burned out. Good luck to everyone!

Just sent it in today, I also speed wrote it, I just hope its good enough, it was easier since it was just a bio.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Does anyone know how when Yale will make final decisions to Consortium applicants? I interviewed on the 14th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Did anyone get an email from Ruck today saying they were going to start reviewing your application?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
kriddick2 wrote:
Does anyone know how when Yale will make final decisions to Consortium applicants? I interviewed on the 14th.

I thought today was decision day, but there has been some conflicting information from Yale about the notification date. I haven't received an interview invite so I already bought some Popeye's today hoping for the worst. Now, I might have to repeat this again next week which will deliver quite a blow to my New Years Resolution.

In their email notification
We will notify you by email when your admissions decision status has been updated. The online status site will be updated once admissions decisions are sent by 5PM EST on February 22, 2013.

In their blog
We will release decisions for all Consortium applicants by the end of February.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

I thought today was decision day, but there has been some conflicting information from Yale about the notification date. I haven't received an interview invite so I already bought some Popeye's today hoping for the worst. Now, I might have to repeat this again next week which will deliver quite a blow to my New Years Resolution.

We will notify you by email when your admissions decision status has been updated. The online status site will be updated once admissions decisions are sent by 5PM EST on February 22, 2013.

In their blog

yea I saw that too. Weird.

https://mba.yale.edu/news_events/CMS/Art ... ent=More...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

In their blog

Haha, I'm in the same boat but I took it to the 90s with Doritos and a Caramelo. I wish they would give us some updated communication! The end of feb and feb 22 are VERY different! And the worst is that they say you could be invited to interview right up until the last minute, which means keeping that hope alive. Good luck to you (to all of us!), enjoy Popeyes!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
I don't think anyone has heard anything other than initial notification from haas have they?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBALA wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

In their blog

@MBALA , when did they send the email about decisions coming on 22nd ? I've heard few people mention that email but I didn't get one and I interviewed like 3weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
I don't think anyone has heard anything other than initial notification from haas have they?

Nope, I haven't heard anything but the initial confirmation email. I have given up hope. Will they ever send interview invites?!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
I'm trying to figure out if we are just not getting interviews or if they're just very late to send -- I know their other January rounds aren't reviewed until late!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
USC did the same thing with mismatched dates. They said in an email to all consortium applicants that we would hear by mid February, my interviewer said by the end of February, and a call to the admissions office to clarify told me late March (which must be off given the fellowship dates). The uncertainty is killer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
egol7577 wrote:
USC did the same thing with mismatched dates. They said in an email to all consortium applicants that we would hear by mid February, my interviewer said by the end of February, and a call to the admissions office to clarify told me late March (which must be off given the fellowship dates). The uncertainty is killer!

I agree, it's pretty annoying, I don't see why they can't just get on the same page and communicate one date. But I'm hoping it will be early next week for Marshall. My interviewer said the exact same thing, that they will send decisions during the last few days of February. I would disregard the call to admissions, Some admissions personnel don't even seem to understand what the Consortium Fellowship is, and they just communicate information related to the standard applications.

With regards to anyone who has made comments about Haas, I would not lose hope yet! If you go back to this thread for the 2012 applicants, around this same time last year, there were a lot of grumbles about Haas as well. No one had received an interview, people were wondering if everyone just got dinged, etc. But in the end, some interviews did come through very late in the game. So I really believe Haas just has a slower process for some reason. My fingers are still crossed for myself and everyone else on here who applied to Haas.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi all! I have been a longtime lurker on this thread. I was wondering if anyone knew the status of Stern applications for Consortium? Have they sent out all interview invitations at this point?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts