Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink]
How many accepted are currently going to the OC campus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
jpeezy14 wrote:
Would like to know if anyone has USC as a first choice over UCLA, and reasons why.

It seems that everyone applying to Anderson and Marshall have Anderson as a frontrunner. Is this all based on rankings and campus for most people?

I am selecting Anderson over Marshall based on the rankings and campus. As a USC alum (undergrad), I am discouraged to see Marshall's recent decline in the rankings (both full time and part time programs).

That being said, the Trojan "network" is one aspect I believe trumps UCLA. Had I not attended USC for my undergrad, I think the network alone is something that I would spend some time considering.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jpeezy14 wrote:
Would like to know if anyone has USC as a first choice over UCLA, and reasons why.

It seems that everyone applying to Anderson and Marshall have Anderson as a frontrunner. Is this all based on rankings and campus for most people?

I've read that USC is superior in real estate and some people do a joint MBA/MRED (Master of Real Estate Development). I've also read that USC places better in the entertainment industry (if I can believe what I read on the internet). For the traditional MBA paths, I've read that UCLA is better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
This thread seems pretty dead, but I wanted to ask how strong is the Trojan network in the bay area? Or is the network non-existent?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chamisool wrote:
This thread seems pretty dead, but I wanted to ask how strong is the Trojan network in the bay area? Or is the network non-existent?

Yes, this thread is very dead and being an admit it's kind of scary that not too many people are interested enough to come post.

As far as the network in the Bay Area... .I wouldn't say it's non-existent but you would probably have a more difficult time getting placement up there than if you went to other places. Stanford and Berkeley are up there and they obviously trump USC. If you really want to be in the Bay Area and need to go part time, I would say go to Berkeley or maybe UC Davis. However, I would think that USC would still place better than any Cal State.

Of course it's also dependent on what you want to do with your MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the prompt response. I wasn’t sure how well the placement is for USC Marshall students other than Southern California. I will be attending the info session in to learn more about the program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: Q780 V540
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
racer150 wrote:
chamisool wrote:

Yes, this thread is very dead and being an admit it's kind of scary that not too many people are interested enough to come post.

As far as the network in the Bay Area... .I wouldn't say it's non-existent but you would probably have a more difficult time getting placement up there than if you went to other places. Stanford and Berkeley are up there and they obviously trump USC. If you really want to be in the Bay Area and need to go part time, I would say go to Berkeley or maybe UC Davis. However, I would think that USC would still place better than any Cal State.

Of course it's also dependent on what you want to do with your MBA.

I think everyones just been reading the full time thread. I honestly haven't been checking the forum much at all. The welcome site discussion board is pretty quiet too.. everything should pick up as we get closer to the July orientation session.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Compared to the prior MBA.PM threads, seems like this year is really quiet. I’ve signed up for the information session at the OC campus for next month, but I’ll ask here because I’m curious…are the part-time MBA students allowed to attend the on campus recruiting events with the full time students? I was also reading on the full-time MBA thread how the school’s career center is going through some significant changes so I do hope the incoming class will at least be able to take advantage of the service over the course of the program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just got accepted into the MBA.PM program for Saturday classes in LA! Debating between SDSU vs USC now since I currently work in San Diego...my workplace would cover SDSU completely and USC would cost me roughly 70k...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
chamisool wrote:
Compared to the prior MBA.PM threads, seems like this year is really quiet. I’ve signed up for the information session at the OC campus for next month, but I’ll ask here because I’m curious…are the part-time MBA students allowed to attend the on campus recruiting events with the full time students? I was also reading on the full-time MBA thread how the school’s career center is going through some significant changes so I do hope the incoming class will at least be able to take advantage of the service over the course of the program.

The welcome reading material indicates that we are allowed to attend the sessions provided certain requirements are met. I.e. contacting the career center and completing required workshops.

The bottom of the material states that every Marshall MBA student has the opportunity to participate but each program has different procedures.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
j8nguyen wrote:
Just got accepted into the MBA.PM program for Saturday classes in LA! Debating between SDSU vs USC now since I currently work in San Diego...my workplace would cover SDSU completely and USC would cost me roughly 70k...

Congrats!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
Send PM
The USC MBA.PM site says that admission decisions are sent monthly.

How long are these decisions taking?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mlapido11 wrote:
The USC MBA.PM site says that admission decisions are sent monthly.

How long are these decisions taking?

I sent in my application February 21st and received a decision by April 11th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if the core section you choose is what you’re stuck with for the rest of the program? I am interested in attending the Monday and Wednesday class to get involved with school clubs, but I might be moving to the bay area later this year so the weekend class is something I would be interested in if I can switch after a semester or so. I also read somewhere on the USC Marshall website that the 2nd and 3rd year classes are held on weekdays at the University Park Campus. Does this mean weekend classes will not be available for the electives?

BTW, which school will you be matriculating to j8nguyen?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chamisool wrote:
Does anyone know if the core section you choose is what you’re stuck with for the rest of the program? I am interested in attending the Monday and Wednesday class to get involved with school clubs, but I might be moving to the bay area later this year so the weekend class is something I would be interested in if I can switch after a semester or so. I also read somewhere on the USC Marshall website that the 2nd and 3rd year classes are held on weekdays at the University Park Campus. Does this mean weekend classes will not be available for the electives?

BTW, which school will you be matriculating to j8nguyen?

I will be going to USC this fall for the Saturday core classes.

You are stuck with whatever core you choose for your first year. After that, electives are offered at the LA campus on the weekdays and very few also at the Orange County campus and online. You can check out their schedule of classes to get a better feel of what they offer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got accepted this morning!
Intern
Intern
Send PM