Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [3]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
at least this guys crazy posts keep my mind off how at this very moment the AD's are submitting their recommendations on our profiles....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Kudos
sgrunt wrote:
at least this guys crazy posts keep my mind off how at this very moment the AD's are submitting their recommendations on our profiles....

my Ross post-it note is down to 13-15 days
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
Does every admitted applicant get a phone call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:

Yes, everyone gets a call. If not before , at least after you get the email
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
rpango2011 wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Yes, everyone gets a call. If not before , at least after you get the email

So if I don't happen to get a phone call on the 13th or 14th, there's still a chance I get an email on the 15th. Ugh. This is terrible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
sgrunt wrote:

Imagine if that guy is an adcom in disguise trying to see how we react to people with fancy minds :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
skbhagra wrote:
sgrunt wrote:

Imagine if that guy is an adcom in disguise trying to see how we react to people with fancy minds :shock:

Mercifully, the Ross adcom is way too practical and too busy building their community to do that :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Prudence wrote:
skbhagra wrote:
sgrunt wrote:

Mercifully, the Ross adcom is way too practical and too busy building their community to do that :wink:

I hope the stress has not affected you.....you do realise it was a joke right
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
I am seriously stressed out. In fact, I'm so stressed out that I was planning to file a lawsuit against you :-D

Of course I know it's a joke! Good luck to you for your Ross acceptance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [6]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Guys, I just read on the internet.
Our dear friend nyama, being the most impressive applicant Ross has ever seen, received an offer of admission 3 weeks earlier than everyone else. Soojin Kwon traveled a long way to extend the offer in person.
Unfortunately, Ross won't have the honor to have nyama as a student.
The Vatican just released the news today. The Pope resigned because His Holiness felt he was no longer the man for the job. Nyama will be moving to Rome in the fall.

We here at GMAT Club wish nyama the best of luck in this new blessed endeavour.

From now on, it's a sin to make fun of nyama, ok guys? Be careful, or you might end up in hell!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
guys i'm sitting here stressing out right with everyone else. anyone know a concrete percentage of applicants they admit after interviewing (i saw literature out there that said around 70 percent)? i'm hoping the interview just filters out applicants with personal communication issues.

well played bizwiz84
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
sgrunt wrote:
guys i'm sitting here stressing out right with everyone else. anyone know a concrete percentage of applicants they admit after interviewing (i saw literature out there that said around 70 percent)? i'm hoping the interview just filters out applicants with personal communication issues.

well played bizwiz84

There isn't a concrete. It was "about 70 percent" from the interview last year. But they're cutting spots, things can change. Just stay positive and keep yourself busy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Redtailedhawk wrote:
sgrunt wrote:

well played bizwiz84

There isn't a concrete. It was "about 70 percent" from the interview last year. But they're cutting spots, things can change. Just stay positive and keep yourself busy.

Even if they're cutting spots, it's not like the adcom didn't know that coming into the process. They most certainly have extended fewer invitations if they have fewer spots available so I'm sure the percentage will stay roughly the same (between 60-70% on average, per Soojin).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
sgrunt wrote:

well played bizwiz84

Thank you, buddy. Just thought a little joke would help folks relieve some of the stress we're all going through right now. No intention to offend anyone, I hope everyone here has a sense of humor.
About the percentage of interviewed applicants who are admitted, I don't think anyone has a concrete number... I believe that being interviewed is a good sign. However, I try not to read too much into that, because it is not a done deal. The percentage you are looking for might be from 40% to 75%, it really doesn't matter to me. My interpretation is simply that my chances now are bigger than they were 2 months ago when I submitted my application, but things can still go wrong. I guess it's my own way to deal with a possible rejection. This way, I try to maintain a positive attitude, but being aware that the competition is stiff and I might as well not make it.

Anyway, I don't think it's worth the stress right now. I know it's hard to manage the anxiety, but the decisions are most likely made by now, with just a few adjustments to be made by adcom. Whatever will be, will be.

Having said that, I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully we both will make it (along with many friends from gmatclub) and will all be classmates and laugh together about how desperate we were a few months back.

Best,

bizwiz
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
Redtailedhawk wrote:
sgrunt wrote:

well played bizwiz84

Even if they're cutting spots, it's not like the adcom didn't know that coming into the process. They most certainly have extended fewer invitations if they have fewer spots available so I'm sure the percentage will stay roughly the same (between 60-70% on average, per Soojin).

Or they could keep the interview invites the same, and cut the offer rate. Since you can't control it, not worth worrying over imo.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
That'd give them more work though and I assume they want to save resources and not interview as many "fringe" candidates.

Regardless, nothing we can do but wait. and wait. and wait. and wait.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Prudence wrote:
I am seriously stressed out. In fact, I'm so stressed out that I was planning to file a lawsuit against you :-D

Of course I know it's a joke! Good luck to you for your Ross acceptance!

Wow!!! I guess its me then. :-D

All the best to you too. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope to discuss Nyama in AA.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts