Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Looking back over the past 3 years, there aren't that many people who interviewed and got rejected. Everyone says 50-60% get offer after interview, but looking over everyone who got an interview the past few years: most (by far) got in, some got waitlisted, and only a few got rejected. Thoughts?

HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

I think this is a function of people either being WL or interviewed and then not updating their stats. I hope (for everyone's sake!) that it's higher than 50-60%, but I do know other people who were also WL (I am R1).

Maybe late March will bring everyone good news!

Also a note- I was invited in the FIRST BATCH of interviewees (literally less than a week after submitted/deadline). So- for anyone who got a late invite - who knows!!! what will happen.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi all,

I have a question

If I have already interviewed - is it worth visiting campus before 28th March? How do you think the adcom will view it?

Opinions welcome :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
HIGNFY2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question

If I have already interviewed - is it worth visiting campus before 28th March? How do you think the adcom will view it?

Where do you live? If it's convenient and you haven't made it, they might be skeptical about you. However, if you're international, they will probably understand. Did you interview on campus? If so, don't sweat it. If not, I still wouldn't worry about it, but visit if you want. Certainly no harm in making the trip (except to your bank account!).
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
HIGNFY2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question

I would save the trip until you get in. Then you can visit for the admitted student events. The visit is more for you to learn about the school and the fit and I don't think the visit will make or break the admissions decision.

I actually went to New Haven for the on campus interview and the visit program but I could not do either of things because of the snow storm Nemo. If I'm admitted, I am definitely going back to experience New Haven and SOM first hand.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
machichi wrote:
HIGNFY2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question

Where do you live? If it's convenient and you haven't made it, they might be skeptical about you. However, if you're international, they will probably understand. Did you interview on campus? If so, don't sweat it. If not, I still wouldn't worry about it, but visit if you want. Certainly no harm in making the trip (except to your bank account!).

To add to this: Yale's spring break starts this Saturday and lasts until the 23rd. If you want a better feel for what campus is like when students are actually here, you might want to wait.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
skm wrote:
machichi wrote:
HIGNFY2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question

To add to this: Yale's spring break starts this Saturday and lasts until the 23rd. If you want a better feel for what campus is like when students are actually here, you might want to wait.

Another addition: if you visit before spring break (aka this week) all first years won't be there either since they're on the international experience trips. Visit after spring break if you want, but definitely go to to Welcome Weekend if you're admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Looking back over the past 3 years, there aren't that many people who interviewed and got rejected. Everyone says 50-60% get offer after interview, but looking over everyone who got an interview the past few years: most (by far) got in, some got waitlisted, and only a few got rejected. Thoughts?

I hope you are correct. Out of curiosity, where did you get the publicized and anecdotal% ? Are you only looking at GMAT club members. Looking back 2-3 years the admitted/Interviewed ratio if about 65% from the GMAT Club website.

Originally posted by alphabetagamma on 06 Mar 2013, 07:10.
Last edited by alphabetagamma on 06 Mar 2013, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
Send PM
alphabetagamma wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:

I hope what you are correct. Out of curiosity, where did you get the publicized and anecdotal% ? Are you only looking at GMAT club members.

I don't have an exact place for publicized but SOM admissions has been saying about a third are interviewed and a little more than half of those people are offered admission. Anecdotal is from looking at everyone who received interviews on gmatclub the past two years. If you look at anyone's profile who posted that they interviewed, a huge majority were accepted.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Noo...we'll get 'em next year guys!!

https://poetsandquants.com/2013/03/06/ya ... s-top-ten/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

HOPE SO.! :P
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

HOPE SO.! :P

I don't think so.. the rankings that came out in March 2012 were based on survey results from fall 2011. That would mean yield numbers would come from the 10-11 cycle (entering class of 2013) since the 11-12 cycle would still be in the middle of app reviews.

If I misunderstand the methodology, please let me know!

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... l-rankings
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
I wonder how the new building will effect the rankings in a couple of years.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:

Who cares about how it affects the rankings, I just wanna hang out in there ALL the time! Haha.

But in all seriousness, I expect it to have a huge impact on recruiters' ratings of Yale SOM. Nothing like environment to encourage happy thoughts. This will have direct effect on one of the rankings (I can't remember which).

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for aerien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

Originally posted by machichi on 06 Mar 2013, 16:00.
Last edited by machichi on 06 Mar 2013, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
machichi wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

Who cares about how it affects the rankings, I just wanna hang out in there ALL the time! Haha.

But in all seriousness, I expect it to have a huge impact on recruiters' ratings of Yale SOM. Nothing like environment to encourage happy thoughts. This will have direct effect on one of the rankings (I can't remember which).

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for arien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

The new building is going to be awesome!! I'd be lying if I said it didn't factor into my decision (I really do like buildings...) :)

Yes, @urarunner2 -- come to Yale! My decision actually came down to Yale and NYU so feel free to PM me about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
machichi wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for arien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

The new building is going to be awesome!! I'd be lying if I said it didn't factor into my decision (I really do like buildings...) :)

Yes, @urarunner2 -- come to Yale! My decision actually came down to Yale and NYU so feel free to PM me about it.

That new building is drool worthy.

I honestly don't know where I'm going to go and the larger problem is that I can't attend SOM's Welcome weekend! I'm in a wedding that Saturday in NC and NYU's Welcome weekend is the same time. What I'm thinking of doing is spending a early April weekend at Yale, absorbing the campus, and meeting some 2nd yrs then going to the Friday session of NYU's welcome weekend.

I also need to wait for Columbia to make their decision. It's similar to the IR section - need as many data points as possible in order to make a informed decision. :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Also, is anyone else having problems logging into the Class of 2015 webpage?

I've contacted Adcom and IT and they don't know when the problem will be fixed...
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
urarunner2 wrote:
Also, is anyone else having problems logging into the Class of 2015 webpage?

I've contacted Adcom and IT and they don't know when the problem will be fixed...

I've had no issues but I was an R1 admit. Since you're cgsm and on a different timeline, perhaps you won't get access until R2 decisions are released at the end of the month? Just a theory... Any cgsm admits get into the 2015 site?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts