Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
So I got an email from McCombs about a decision. I log into the link provided and I have no application on file to check. My nerves are about to perish. Lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Operations
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
OhYeah wrote:
DSGB2014 wrote:
OhYeah wrote:
So this might be a dumb question but if you get a scholarship that covers tuition and mandatory fees does that include your deposit? I realize that sort of defeats the purpose of the deposit ensuring you matriculate but I'm just wondering.

Not a dumb question. I'm sure others have the same question, I know I did a few months ago. I've been told by multiple adcoms that the fellowship doesn't cover the deposit

Good to know. Thanks!

FYI, I had to pay my deposit for McCombs but it was refunded to me when I started started in the fall. I don't know if it will be different this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Just got the same thing from Ross...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
HowDidIGetHere wrote:
So I got an email from McCombs about a decision. I log into the link provided and I have no application on file to check. My nerves are about to perish. Lol.

I chuckled when I read this sorry lol

Murphy's law

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
HowDidIGetHere wrote:

I chuckled when I read this sorry lol

Murphy's law

LOL. I admit I giggle now. But an hour ago, my face was like: :cry: :shock: :x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
For those who applied to Tuck....when you log-onto your application, are the essays missing? Mine just has Upload Document option and no actual essays visible. Should I be worried?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anyone hear from NYU recently?!? Seems they went quiet Wednesday and Thursday. This wait is driving me crazy >_<
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
minkathebest wrote:
For those who applied to Tuck....when you log-onto your application, are the essays missing? Mine just has Upload Document option and no actual essays visible. Should I be worried?

Na, mine weren't uploaded either. The Consortium essay questions didn't exactly like up with Tuck's questions so I'm sure it's fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well my application and profile never linked up for McCombs website due to some technical glitch. They will try and fix it Monday. I have no idea what this means or how it has affected the review process since it had to do with my email address. I'm not sure if I have received the necessary notifications. I'm kinda bummed but life goes on and I still have UNC which I adore as well on my short list. So I'm staying positive and preparing for whatever might come.

The irony is that my current job function is in hot demand right now. I'm getting job interview invites constantly for great opportunities and have a final interview with a cool company next week. But it makes me kinda stressed because I saw myself going to school not a new job. This time next year I'm not trying to be sitting in a cubicle living for the weekend. Lol. #crossesfingers #endrant

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
There is a new blog post from Soojin Kwon on the Ross website, it says US calls will start the 12th and international calls the 14th!

Here it is in full:
"I met with the Associate Dean for Graduate programs today to discuss Round 2 decisions. We're still contemplating final decisions on a few applicants. I also met with my team this afternoon to give them a final opportunity to advocate for candidates they reviewed and I might have decided differently on. This is a slightly different final review process than we've used in the past. It gives the ADs, who are more familiar with their regions, their assigned segments, and individual candidates, more say in final outcomes.

The plan is for all decisions to be final by Monday. Admit calls will begin on Tuesday, March 12. Regarding the sequence of the calls, we're going to prioritize calls to candidates in U.S. cities in which we'll be hosting admitted student events beginning March 16 and through the following week: NY, DC, Boston, Chicago, San Fran, LA. We'll share details about dates/times via the calls and follow-up emails. Admits in other U.S. cities will be called on March 12-13, and international students will be contacted on March 14.

I know that, as an applicant, next week can't come soon enough. I hope this transparency into our process and timelines eases some of that anxiety. "
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: Q159 V160
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
UCLA must really be struggling. I posted previously about a lot of my info being incorrect or missing entirely when I looked online. I figured it was a mapping issue, but I sent an email a month ago (no response). When nothing had changed, I sent an email asking for confirmation that my GRE scores were received and that I just wasn't seeing it for some reason.

Well yesterday they finally sent a response they indeed do NOT have my GRE score and asked me to send it to them as soon as possible. They also said that R2 Consortium applicantss will have their files reviewed and decision notifications sent all the way up to the regular R2 decision deadline of April 3rd. Seems odd, but not much I can do now!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
In all honesty though the money comes from the schools and it is up to them to disburse the funds.. So if they don't decide on a consortium fellowship by the date and want more time they can still give full rides out later.. Which may work to the candidates benefit in multiple full offers. Just a thought . Optimistic ?:)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
In all honesty though the money comes from the schools and it is up to them to disburse the funds.. So if they don't decide on a consortium fellowship by the date and want more time they can still give full rides out later.. Which may work to the candidates benefit in multiple full offers. Just a thought . Optimistic ?:)

Are you certain of this? I was under the impression that the companies who are partners with Consortium are the ones who supply the funds. And the schools simply choose which candidate to give it to.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The exact same thing happened to me with the McCombs portal a few days ago, they fixed it pretty quickly once I talked to Shelley + the transcript address. Hopefully it means better news in your case, in mine I just got waitlisted anyways.

Good luck!

HowDidIGetHere wrote:
Well my application and profile never linked up for McCombs website due to some technical glitch. They will try and fix it Monday. I have no idea what this means or how it has affected the review process since it had to do with my email address. I'm not sure if I have received the necessary notifications. I'm kinda bummed but life goes on and I still have UNC which I adore as well on my short list. So I'm staying positive and preparing for whatever might come.

The irony is that my current job function is in hot demand right now. I'm getting job interview invites constantly for great opportunities and have a final interview with a cool company next week. But it makes me kinda stressed because I saw myself going to school not a new job. This time next year I'm not trying to be sitting in a cubicle living for the weekend. Lol. #crossesfingers #endrant

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
silvaware wrote:
The exact same thing happened to me with the McCombs portal a few days ago, they fixed it pretty quickly once I talked to Shelley + the transcript address. Hopefully it means better news in your case, in mine I just got waitlisted anyways.

Good luck!

HowDidIGetHere wrote:

Given all of these technical glitches McCombs had been having, I have my suspicions that some of these waitlist decisions are a mechanism to buy time rather than an actual reflection of the adcom's review of the app. Anyone else have these suspicions?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Given all of these technical glitches McCombs had been having, I have my suspicions that some of these waitlist decisions are a mechanism to buy time rather than an actual reflection of the adcom's review of the app. Anyone else have these suspicions?

Why would they need to buy time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
managethis wrote:
ldryan wrote:

Why would they need to buy time?

They were extremely behind. They were originally supposed to give application admission updates by February 15th, then it was pushed back to March 8th. They were just importing some of the applications into their system 3 days before they committed to sending out admissions decision. They have just been terribly disorganized throughout this process. I didn't have this experience with any of the other schools I applied to.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts