Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
urarunner2 wrote:
mba2527 wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:
Also, is anyone else having problems logging into the Class of 2015 webpage?

I've contacted Adcom and IT and they don't know when the problem will be fixed...

I've had a few issues this week. I emailed the adcom and they responded right back. I was able to get on after I left my computer alone for a bit... but they are aware / working on it. Glad to know I'm not the only one with an issue! :)

I have access! It's a great website, well worth the wait

Woohoo! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
aerien wrote:
Noo...we'll get 'em next year guys!!

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

HOPE SO.! :P

I don't think so.. the rankings that came out in March 2012 were based on survey results from fall 2011. That would mean yield numbers would come from the 10-11 cycle (entering class of 2013) since the 11-12 cycle would still be in the middle of app reviews.

If I misunderstand the methodology, please let me know!

I don't think he was talking about the published yield metric specifically.. more along the lines of the potential psychological impact of seeing Yale drop out of the top ten. Some people making school decisions might look at the updated ranking and decide not to go there.. which could lead Yale to opening up more spots to reach their class targets. It sounds ridiculous but believe me I've seen people make school decisions before based on that "top ten" mentality.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
tokugawa86 wrote:
aerien wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

HOPE SO.! :P

I don't think so.. the rankings that came out in March 2012 were based on survey results from fall 2011. That would mean yield numbers would come from the 10-11 cycle (entering class of 2013) since the 11-12 cycle would still be in the middle of app reviews.

I don't think he was talking about the published yield metric specifically.. more along the lines of the potential psychological impact of seeing Yale drop out of the top ten. Some people making school decisions might look at the updated ranking and decide not to go there.. which could lead Yale to opening up more spots to reach their class targets. It sounds ridiculous but believe me I've seen people make school decisions before based on that "top ten" mentality.

Silly R2s making decisions based on rankings. We R1s can't change our minds unless we want to lose our money, not that we would change our minds anyways ;) I'm at least completely sold regardless of what the ranking is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
tokugawa86 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Silly R2s making decisions based on rankings. We R1s can't change our minds unless we want to lose our money, not that we would change our minds anyways ;) I'm at least completely sold regardless of what the ranking is.

However that's just one variable.. there's lot of other variables at play including the new building :) , student culture, general upward trajectory of the Yale SOM brand, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if Yale starts calling admitted applicants a couple of days before the deadline? I actually have a deposit for one school due on the 27th of March lol... This won't be an issue if I hear positive news from a couple of other schools in the next couple of weeks...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
tokugawa86 wrote:
Does anyone know if Yale starts calling admitted applicants a couple of days before the deadline? I actually have a deposit for one school due on the 27th of March lol... This won't be an issue if I hear positive news from a couple of other schools in the next couple of weeks...

I believe someone asked AdCom that question during R1, and the answer was "no".

Maybe you could ask the other school for an extension?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jason12e wrote:
tokugawa86 wrote:

The admissions letter seems to emphasize that it must be deposited by then... but if any other schools accept me I probably will not ask :oops:
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
jason12e wrote:
tokugawa86 wrote:

For R1, calls went out day of. Emails came a few hours later.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
rahulrg wrote:
Hi guys,

I had an interview this morning with Bruce Delmonico (his first interivew as part of his India interview tour).

Just wanted to know from the experienced Yalies on if there is a huge advantage to personally interviewing with Bruce as compared to say a 2nd year student? The interview itself went off well as we spoke more about my transitions and goals and professiona achievements.

Also, I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

Any help would be appreciated on this.

If the interview went well, I think it's always an advantage to interview with a decision-maker at any school. The Admissions Officers are present at the closed sessions when evaluating apps and can act as advocates for candidates.

In terms of your other question, I guess the one thing you have to think about is what if you get waitlisted. If you get accepted, then moving back to your family business will have had no impact. You got accepted and they're not going to question you. But if you get waitlisted, you'll want to explain any progress you've made since you submitted your application. And if going back to your family business may not seem like and advancement, it may not be in your best interest to do that. Granted, if you have significant leadership/responsibilities at your family business and can spin it as an advancement if you get waitlisted by Yale, then it's not an issue.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I love how active this page is, with current students and admitted students heavily contributing. More than once, I've logged in to post a question only to find the answer already here. Talk about a collaborative community!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Update :

I am following the accepted group on Facebook, looks the the members have increased from 109 to 120. All the new members were added an hour ago. Do you think SOM sent out acceptances from R2 ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
alphabetagamma wrote:
Update :

I am following the accepted group on Facebook, looks the the members have increased from 109 to 120. All the new members were added an hour ago. Do you think SOM sent out acceptances from R2 ?

I wonder if those are consortium acceptances. They seem to get their notification earlier than everyone else. @machichi said they found out via telephone calls on the day of in R1. Who knows?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
ln0038a wrote:
alphabetagamma wrote:
Update :

I wonder if those are consortium acceptances. They seem to get their notification earlier than everyone else. @machichi said they found out via telephone calls on the day of in R1. Who knows?

It could also be the R1 waitlisted folks? They might be admitting some of those people before the R2 decision date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
mba20155 wrote:
ln0038a wrote:
alphabetagamma wrote:
Update :

It could also be the R1 waitlisted folks? They might be admitting some of those people before the R2 decision date.

It probably coincides with Consortium admits recently being released more than R2 invites.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Is the Facebook group for admitted of enrolled candidates?

Can we assme there are still ~140 seats to be filled? :shock:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
Send PM
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

Is that really a shock? Isn't this where they are every year after rd 1? I wonder how many were interviewed rd 2
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
chessmaster1234 wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

Is that really a shock? Isn't this where they are every year after rd 1? I wonder how many were interviewed rd 2

Fb is for admitted. The recent jump is from cgsm admits. And I'd say the count is about right for a class size of 250-275 or so.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts