Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Does the status of your application change after you receive the interview invite?

Anvesh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:
This statement from aerien confuses me, why anybody's legacy should benefit them in admission. How does it matter that your uncle or your father being the alumni makes you a better candidate. It's your own personal
Candidacy that should matter. If any school gives undue advantage to any candidate because of their legacy then it's discriminatory and gross injustice to us who have no uncles and father from Stanford to back them up.

That's a cruel world.
This is an institutional matter. It's easier to let someone you believe to approve the person, that to take additional risk of admitting a bad/average guy. All elite communities have been formed this way for centuries.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Truegmat wrote:
This statement from aerien confuses me, why anybody's legacy should benefit them in admission. How does it matter that your uncle or your father being the alumni makes you a better candidate. It's your own personal
Candidacy that should matter. If any school gives undue advantage to any candidate because of their legacy then it's discriminatory and gross injustice to us who have no uncles and father from Stanford to back them up.

Dont Worry!!!

You'll create a legacy for your generations ahead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:

Or aunts or mothers? (women have been at GSB since it started)

I am a legacy as well (don't hate me)... the letter the alumni get says that legacy admit rate is twice that of non-legacy, but that said they still do not admit 85-90% of legacies.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
equestrian wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

I am a legacy as well (don't hate me)... the letter the alumni get says that legacy admit rate is twice that of non-legacy, but that said they still do not admit 85-90% of legacies.

From an undergrad admissions perspective, most everyone knows that being legacy helps -- especially at certain schools (for California, Stanford and USC stand out to me). I assume the same holds true for grad school; it might not be as big of a factor but it certainly doesn't hurt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Tired of Waiting :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 747 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
havnt heard ANYTHING at all

i guess that means we're out ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
equestrian wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

Sure, I can accepted that from Columbia...or Harvard maybe. But not from Stanford and its halo of supreme justice. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Salvo81 wrote:
equestrian wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

Sure, I can accepted that from Columbia...or Harvard maybe. But not from Stanford and its halo of supreme justice. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Stanford still dings big alumni kids - I heard Schwabs kid was rejected...doubt Harvard or Columbia would do that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
No one is hearing ANYTHING???!

I think Stanford should make their class size bigger! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
WillTravelForMBA wrote:

Yea... I'm thinking that's a wrap for this round... Good luck all on your other schools
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
WillTravelForMBA wrote:

Yea... I'm thinking that's a wrap for this round... Good luck all on your other schools

I would wait for couple of more days to believe that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Looong stupid wait for nothing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Quite a few people have reported getting their interview invites in the comments section, but have not reported it in the data table. Additionally, I agree with what others are suspecting as well on the forum of some people who have received their invites did not update their profile. If Stanford admits 40-50% of candidates they have interviewed then approx 17% (based on last year's admit rate of 7%) of the applicant pool should have got their invite. Even with a 3-5% sample error, the number of interview invites is still low. Anywayz, who knows....except for the admission committee themselves as to what is cooking
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
As far as the sample goes, I think those of us who are still waiting are more inclined to actively check the forums and keep our information up to date. I'd guess that many more folks have gotten interview invites than have reported receiving them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
OK--who else is having a hard time waiting until the 27th? Also, does anyone know what phone number Derrick calls when he admits people (work? cell?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
For some reason I'm not having much trouble. its a ding in my head already even though my interview went okay... I'm just happy that Wharton release decisions same day so hopefully i'll have gotten in somewhere when I get my stanford rejection!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts