Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Design (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
amm215 wrote:
Kenny0929 wrote:
Folks,

I am a waitlisted R1 candidate. I am still deciding where to complete the Statistics Pre-Req. Couple of options:
1. Haas Data and Decisions Workshop: $1000
2. A class at De-Anza: ~$200

Not sure if taking the workshop is really any different from the class at De-Anza. However, in the grand scheme of things ($120k), $800 shouldn't be a big deal. But, would love to know the pros and cons. Could someone please pitch in? :)

Thanks!

Hi Kenny,
I'm currently a first year student in the program. I was just thinking about how I was on this board all the time last year and thought see how things are going for this year's applicants. I thought I'd offer some help since as a fellow waitlister I felt that I had less info than those that are accepted (the accepted people have a facebook group where they discus this sort of thing).

If you have ever taken any statistics course I recommend studying up and taking the waiver exam. Kahn academy and Hank Ibser youtube videos are a good resource. The waiver exam is tough but a lot of people passed it last year. If you don't pass you still have time to sign up for the Data and Decisions workshop starting in June. The people who took it last year said it was tough, but they learned a ton and the professor who taught it last year is awesome. One of my favorites so far.

I was a R2 applicant who was waitlisted and got in with R3 so don't lose hope. Some people were on the waitlist from R1-R3 and were accepted in the end. Good luck!

terrific to have you hear on the boards. any general advice to waitlisters? now that you're a student and have had some time soaking with other students have you been able to determine the qualities/characteristics the adcom really looks for?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Design (Consulting)
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
amm215 wrote:
Kenny0929 wrote:
Folks,

I am a waitlisted R1 candidate. I am still deciding where to complete the Statistics Pre-Req. Couple of options:
1. Haas Data and Decisions Workshop: $1000
2. A class at De-Anza: ~$200

Not sure if taking the workshop is really any different from the class at De-Anza. However, in the grand scheme of things ($120k), $800 shouldn't be a big deal. But, would love to know the pros and cons. Could someone please pitch in? :)

Thanks!

Hi Kenny,
I'm currently a first year student in the program. I was just thinking about how I was on this board all the time last year and thought see how things are going for this year's applicants. I thought I'd offer some help since as a fellow waitlister I felt that I had less info than those that are accepted (the accepted people have a facebook group where they discus this sort of thing).

If you have ever taken any statistics course I recommend studying up and taking the waiver exam. Kahn academy and Hank Ibser youtube videos are a good resource. The waiver exam is tough but a lot of people passed it last year. If you don't pass you still have time to sign up for the Data and Decisions workshop starting in June. The people who took it last year said it was tough, but they learned a ton and the professor who taught it last year is awesome. One of my favorites so far.

I was a R2 applicant who was waitlisted and got in with R3 so don't lose hope. Some people were on the waitlist from R1-R3 and were accepted in the end. Good luck!

terrific to have you hear on the boards. any general advice to waitlisters? now that you're a student and have had some time soaking with other students have you been able to determine the qualities/characteristics the adcom really looks for?

thanks!

I have no insight into what adcom looks for other than they do their best to make the class diverse in many respects in an effort to improve in class experience. I've found the in class experience to be amazing so they must be doing a good job.

Personally, after being put on the wait list I updated my application by calling attention to the weakness in my application. I explained why I was weak in that reagard and what I was doing to improve my weakness. I assumed that by putting me on the wait list they thought I was pretty good candidate, but they must have identified my weakness. I figured that my weakness was holding me back and that I was best served by addressing it directly.

Good luck everyone! I hope to see you next year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
I have no insight into what adcom looks for other than they do their best to make the class diverse in many respects in an effort to improve in class experience. I've found the in class experience to be amazing so they must be doing a good job.

Personally, after being put on the wait list I updated my application by calling attention to the weakness in my application. I explained why I was weak in that reagard and what I was doing to improve my weakness. I assumed that by putting me on the wait list they thought I was pretty good candidate, but they must have identified my weakness. I figured that my weakness was holding me back and that I was best served by addressing it directly.

Good luck everyone! I hope to see you next year![/quote]

Cool.. I just sent them an email regarding the promotion I received... Actually one of the reasons I was trying to get to Hass was to get this promotion! I haven't applied for any other school since Hass is the one i want(ed).. I guess if I don't get in this year, I'll apply again next year... at Hass and also other schools around the bay area.. At this point I just have to wait and really foccus on my new job.. oh well.. Sigh

Best of luck to you all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
In 2011, the R2 decision day was April 1st, but the decisions were announced on march 24th and march 31st. The wait list was announced on April 1st.
So going by that we could expect the decisions on march 20th and 27th?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
2013EWMBA wrote:
In 2011, the R2 decision day was April 1st, but the decisions were announced on march 24th and march 31st. The wait list was announced on April 1st.

I wouldn't count on it. It's probably going to be the same as R1. Calls to admits the day before and everyone else gets to find out the day of.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
2013EWMBA wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. It's probably going to be the same as R1. Calls to admits the day before and everyone else gets to find out the day of.

He/She might be right. Since 25-29 is spring break and 23-24 is Saturday-Sunday. The phone calls might come on 22 :)
Although personally I will not give up my sleep o that. 26th might be the day of calls.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Well, if today is any indication, the greater Berkeley network is everywhere. I've been walking around on vacation in Maui wearing a Cal shirt and have had 3 people stop me to say "go bears".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
Well, if today is any indication, the greater Berkeley network is everywhere. I've been walking around on vacation in Maui wearing a Cal shirt and have had 3 people stop me to say "go bears".

Dude...you are in Maui...get your mind off of gmat club :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
riskall wrote:
packet82 wrote:

Dude...you are in Maui...get your mind off of gmat club :)

Watching the sunset from my balcony while I browse the web and drink a mai tai. Believe me, I'm already relaxing :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Wondering whether Haas will release decisions early, considering Anderson released their decisions Friday, the 15th.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
kris610 wrote:
Wondering whether Haas will release decisions early, considering Anderson released their decisions Friday, the 15th.

Hmm. that is well ahead in advance for Anderson!
If spring break at UCB contributes to the early decision process, the result might come out sometimes this week.
Just a random thought !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
I called the office and they said that all decisions would be announced on 28th!
So end of speculations...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
2013EWMBA wrote:
I called the office and they said that all decisions would be announced on 28th!
So end of speculations...

Thanks!. Guess we've to wait for the next 2 weeks then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
if stats on gmatclub have anything to say, then it means we have same number of applicants in R2 as we had in R1...
that means getting into R2 is going to be as difficult as it was in R1....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
speedingdaemon wrote:
if stats on gmatclub have anything to say, then it means we have same number of applicants in R2 as we had in R1...

if you factor in the # of people they plan on accepting in RD2 it will be easier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but RD2 should have considerably more acceptances than RD1 right?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

if you factor in the # of people they plan on accepting in RD2 it will be easier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but RD2 should have considerably more acceptances than RD1 right?

Yes, you are right... But the # of applicants are a lot in R2 as well... I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT and that WE ALL GET IN! ;)
I am just getting a bit nervous on what will happen in 10days from now.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
speedingdaemon wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

Yes, you are right... But the # of applicants are a lot in R2 as well... I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT and that WE ALL GET IN! ;)
I am just getting a bit nervous on what will happen in 10days from now.. :)

=). i was hoping you were right when you extrapolated the gmatclub data suggesting that the # of rd1 applicants = # of rd2 applicants!

because THAT would be the ideal case for us right now. And it could be possible since Rd1 is supposed to be extra heavy this year because of the GMAT test change back in June 2012... more folks would have applied RD1 having taking the exam before June.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts