Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP)

You may select up to 2 options
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2467 [0]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink]
PraPon wrote:
kstyle wrote:
I think MGMAT tests are the best source for relevant overall practicing and preparation.
GMAT Club tests are clearly the best way to improve Math. Kaplan way too difficult, but good for additional practice. Knewton looks nice, but my experience of intensive studying with their tests and questions during entire month showed slight improvement in Math and drop in Verbal (from 710 to 660). My opinion - Knewton is good, have difficult questions, but irrelevant

I agree. MGMAT tests are one of the best source for practice tests out there - tough quant, intermediate verbal and good scoring algorithm.

Also, I think Kaplan tests are a good practice too. Their quant is on par, but Verbal is lot tougher. I suppose Kaplan verbal RC/CR questions are lot influenced from LSAT. You can feel the level of difficulty and content complexity of RC passages quite similar to that of LSAT RCs. However their scoring algorithm is not that accurate.

Absolutely true, Kaplan scoring is not accurate. At least old Kaplan tests give low score even if your knowledge is good. Not sure, however, about current on-line Kaplan tests.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
I just want to add Gmat Prep Tests are the best and most accurate..
For Maths GMAT Club + GMat Prep - best sources
If you compare the SCs...the best practice material is GMAT prep...no one is at all near it..
CR: more or less everyone does a good job... (Lot of OG type questions by various practice tests)
RC: i think GMAT club and Manhattan are good...

Any one knows any site where i can practice from gmat prep and og questions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
AHHHHHH! I got a 710, 690, 700, 710 on my practice tests taken under real conditions and then just got a 640 on the test. Wtf???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2467 [0]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Turtleinatutu wrote:
AHHHHHH! I got a 710, 690, 700, 710 on my practice tests taken under real conditions and then just got a 640 on the test. Wtf???
Toughluck Turtleinatutu. Your practice tests were good and consistent. You may be able to pull-it off in your second try.

Regarding your practice test scores- Were those practice test scores from GMAT Prep? Did you take exams in exam conditions (along with essay, IR and appropriate breaks)? Did you have any repeats (or knew problems already)?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6042 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Any Reviews on Grockit tests haven't heard much about them?
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
I want to knw ..how accurate are veritas practice test. I took the practice test , not the frre one. I found that its quants is way easier than MGMAT, but i would say slightly on the lower side to the real one......
Verbal, SC is super easy ...i encountered few sentences...with not only ..but also split....i felt those were sub 600....This was towards..i was running out of time...but the last 5 SC was super time saver. I scored a 30 on verbal...
But yes the language of verbal questions were darn tough...Especially RC.....I mean really tough....i would say 5 times tougher than MGMAT's

Pls help should i continue takn veritas prep tests ..I just have one free MGMAT left

Archit
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Manhattan probably offers the best overall practice test experience from the above list. GMATClub tests are unquestionably powerful for improving one's quant skills, but I used those strictly as question practice rather than a full CAT (math plus verbal).
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
rakeshd347 wrote:
carcass wrote:
PraPon wrote:
I think over-preparing will only help improve your chances to achieve your goal. If GMAT is your primary goal for next couple of months then give it a best shot! Just make sure not to burn out yourself.

Ok set the world on fire guys. :)

Hi Mate
I want to ask you that How does the Manhattan and Kaplan Gmat are different. I mean which one is tougher. I took manhattan full length and got 680 but when I took Kaplan It was 580 which is shocking then I took the official Gmat prep full length test which was 660 which is close to Manhattan. Now I am confused which one to consider and which one not to consider. I understand 20-30 points up and down is fine but 100 points fluctuation is too much.

Which full length test do you recommend for me as I have my final Gmat in 6 days from today.

Thanks Heaps.
Rakesh

Avoid takn any test that hampers ur confidence...go with MGMAT CATs and ofcourse gmat prep is close to real test....

Consider kudos if my post helps!!
Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
I've always been very skeptical about these methods taught to be used on GMAT, always thought that practice was what really mattered, but I couldnt be more wrong about it.
I've been using the MGMAT guides (just started with the CR) and it's amazing how you start seeing the questions from an entirely new perspective.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
This vote can never reveal the best CATs on market. They show the popularity more than quality because the probability that one person took CATs prepared by all the companies is very very low.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kobebryant24,

kobebryant24 wrote:
This vote can never reveal the best CATs on market. They show the popularity more than quality because the probability that one person took CATs prepared by all the companies is very very low.

Spoken like a true critical thinker. +1 Kudos.

How have you been scoring on your practice CATs?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi kobebryant24,

kobebryant24 wrote:

Spoken like a true critical thinker. +1 Kudos.

How have you been scoring on your practice CATs?

Rich

Hello Rich,

I have just seen this reply. Thanks for the Kudos :)

My GMAT story is very sad... I score consistently around 740 (49 or 50 in quant and around 41 in verbal) on practice tests but lost twice in the actual test. Once out of anxiety and other time by doing a stupid mistake.

GMAT 1: 690
GMAT 2: 650

I am going for the 3rd attempt now, taking a month time after my 2nd attempt, which I took a few days ago.

Hope I get my dream score of 740+ this time.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
HI kobebryant24,

I just sent you a PM.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink]
How does VeritasPrep compare? The quant section on the first free CAT seems noticeably different from questions seen on here and MGMAT. That is, the questions are similar but of a different style... overall, I'd say there are more medium-hard questions. Is VeritasPrep meant to lean relatively more towards over-preparing you (at least for quant)? Or, is it on par with what you'd see on the actual GMAT test? If it's on par, it's so... demoralizing...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi iPen,

Which CATs have you used so far? And what were your scores on each (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)? If you've taken the Official GMAT, then you should include those scores as well.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi iPen,

Which CATs have you used so far? And what were your scores on each (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)? If you've taken the Official GMAT, then you should include those scores as well.

Rich

I haven't taken the actual GMAT test yet. I'm in the process of taking the MGMAT practice test. The Veritas one I scored in the 40's based on their grading scale, so pretty low... All of the Verbal questions I got wrong, I knew what was wrong and I couldn't believe I put the wrong answers down. However, for the Quant section, it seemed so hardcore throughout. I don't get it, the hard questions on GMAT Club and MGMAT seems manageable and I can answer them, but the VeritasPrep quant questions were of a different style and consistently difficult. And, math for me is stronger than verbal... the Veritas exam is definitely making me second guess my preparedness, even though other tests I've gotten in the A-B range but those were not full exams. I'm not sure when I should be taking the exam now... I'm going to try and find practice tests of actual, past GMATs.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi iPen,

To start, there are big difference between how you perform on individual questions during practice and how you handle a FULL CAT (including the Essay and IR sections BEFORE you begin an adaptive Quant section), so you have to factor that into your evaluation.

Other than taking the Official GMAT, arguably the best CATs available are the 4 CATs from www.mba.com (the 2 free CATs and the 2 additional CATs that you can purchase). There are also plenty of other CATs that you can purchase if you find a particular 'brand' of CAT to be unrealistic (or not to your liking).

Rich
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3