Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Marketing PhD [#permalink]
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have browsed the relevant websites of these programs. Do they have faculty interested in B2B marketing?

However, really appreciate your opinion on my road ahead.

Regards

Argha
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32868 [1]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Kudos
send an Email to the professor suitable for your purpose, based on his research interests.

generally they are kindly to give a response based on my personal experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Search every university website for B2B marketing.
Shortlist those universities, search all the marketing faculty currently involved in B2B marketing research.
Shortlist all the prof's from every school.
Drop a mail telling them your work experience and your interests.
Do not in any way ask them for admission related query that is for the admission dept. and sometimes pisses off the prof's.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

In continuation to my last post and responses to the probable schools I can look at keeping PhD in B2B marketing in mind, need some further advice.

Which schools can I look at with a GMAT score of 650 ish and 104 in TOEFL(iBT)?

Almost in all the programs I have searched so far(have searched only the top most programs), I have not found a score range as the above.

Regards

Argha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
R101 wrote:
Search every university website for B2B marketing.
Shortlist those universities, search all the marketing faculty currently involved in B2B marketing research.
Shortlist all the prof's from every school.
Drop a mail telling them your work experience and your interests.
Do not in any way ask them for admission related query that is for the admission dept. and sometimes pisses off the prof's.

May I ask, if I don't ask them for anything related to admission, what can I talk about? should I say something about how I admire and work with him/her?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
WE:Account Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
why do you want to apply only in top level Universities? competition is too high and chances of getting admission and scholarships too low.
I would suggest you to apply in middle range Universities, where you can get admission easily and also get scholarship.
Question is "which Universities" ?
This is the main thing you have to do, there are hundreds of universities offering PhD with scholarships so except few top Universities you can easily contact and ask every university about there requirements and success ratio of getting admission for students with 600+ GMAT.
The GMAT Score is not the only thing to get admission, Its your complete profile including SOP, Experience and CPGA etc
The worst thing is to find few Universities according to your requirements which will take time, but you can.
I have read success stories of people getting getting admission in PhD and scholarship with only 600 GMAT score but no one give name of university so I hope you will share your work here. because your question is very common for PhD applicants here.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts