Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Scored just 630 [#permalink]
Kudos
shreerajp99 wrote:
Thanks,as u said,quant can be improved easily.Can u share strategies for the same?

Thanks,
Shreeraj

Don t waste time go for
MGMAT maths complete set of books you will feel the difference...and yes it was a time issue nt your concept prob kkk so d not get carried away that your concepts are missing.

Yes but its good take it positively stand up for the final battle...Now tht you scored 38 in Verbal try for 40+ ....God does something for good the good here is after your quant improves you will see your score hovering somewhere around 730..
Do not get discouraged you are blessed with such a good verbal score....
Pick up MGMAT strategy guides give 1 month side by side improve verbal.
Yes one more uggestion to fix the time issue take up grockit membership it comes for just for Rs 700...

Archit

Consider kudo if my post helped!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Shreeraj,

I would like to know your test scores of GMATprep, the first time when you took those to benchmark your performance and the second time when you took them after completing your preparation.

I also want to know that do you review your tests to see what kind of mistakes you do.

The mistakes can be broadly classified into two categories - conceptual and careless.
If they are careless mistakes, then you don't need to worry much. Just pay attention on the way GMAC tries to trick you with their traps.

If they are conceptual mistakes, then it's a grave issue. It's a worrisome issue for you.
I would suggest you to do the MGMAT maths guides and then jump over to the official GMAT questions from OG12 and OG13.

The first two-third questions of OG in both PS and DS are relatively easy. The last one-third questions replicate the actual GMAT questions especially DS questions.

I would also like you to pay major attention on Number properties and Geometry. Number properties is the one topic from which you would find the maximum number of questions on GMAT.

Plus GMAT loves a lot to play in the ZIP(Zero, Integer/Fraction, Positive/Negative) zone. So beware of that.

BR
Mandeep
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Quant is easy to score over 45. You can Get a 700. Get a GOOD tutor (Stats Master/phd) to teach you short cuts and to fast track.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I retook GMAT today and scored 620(Q45,V31).
My quant score increased by 6 points from my last attempt whereas my verbal score decreased by 6 points.
Few things that annoyed me about the exam today:
1.After both IR and quant breaks,when the proctor logged into the system,it showed not responding and thus in quant i was docked around 1min 5secs and in verbal 1min 26secs.
2.1 DS question in quant gave all details about value of K and eventually asked about n,i didn't know gmac makes typos.
3.1 verbal CR question was from gmatprep,it was a 1 bold faced question with a single sentence underlined,but trust me guys this question was same with same answer choices(not that im complaining but i believe gmac spends $5000/question so that would be laziness on their part,nothing else).

I felt quant was very difficult,gmatclub tests level i feel and verbal seemed easy but eventually i got screwed so doesnt matter.
Whoever planning to take this exam in the future,few suggestions:
1.Get gmatprep documents and just solve them in and out(gmat must be recycling many of its questions,i am sure about it,now i feel i shouldve just done those documents,nothing else)
2.OG is nothing but old representation of GMAT(except new quant questions).

For now,i am taking a break from this exam(I feel i have been studying this exam wrongly all this while).I have applied to 6 colleges with my old score of 630(got 3 rejects).As soon as my final reject comes in,i will decide what to do with my MBA plans(whether to take GRE this time or again attempt GMAT).btw i had scored 1420 in gre during my college days but i had given it just coz everyone was giving it hehe!

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Had your verbal remained the same, you would have got a 660-670. What was your target score?

And to which all schools did you apply by the way?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yes i agree with ur point.My target score was 680,i had purchased manhattan tests after my previous attempt,was consistently getting 660-670 and hence went ahead and scheduled the test.i have applied to carlson,katz,north eastern(safe ones i believe) and 3 ambitious(olin,cornell and emory)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Great. Did you get interview invites from any one of them?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Only Katz as of now,lets see how it goes!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Cool. All the best. I would suggest you to take a break and apply again.

Make sure you don't study for your GMAT at all :)
Just work on your profile, have some fun time, go run some marathons, do some mountain climbing, join some NGOs, :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
shreerajp99 wrote:
My quant score increased by 6 points from my last attempt whereas my verbal score decreased by 6 points.
1.After both IR and quant breaks,when the proctor logged into the system,it showed not responding and thus in quant i was docked around 1min 5secs and in verbal 1min 26secs.
2.1 DS question in quant gave all details about value of K and eventually asked about n,i didn't know gmac makes typos.
3.1 verbal CR question was from gmatprep,it was a 1 bold faced question with a single sentence underlined,but trust me guys this question was same with same answer choices(not that im complaining but i believe gmac spends $5000/question so that would be laziness on their part,nothing else).

I felt quant was very difficult,gmatclub tests level i feel and verbal seemed easy but eventually i got screwed so doesnt matter.
1.Get gmatprep documents and just solve them in and out(gmat must be recycling many of its questions,i am sure about it,now i feel i shouldve just done those documents,nothing else)

For now,i am taking a break from this exam(I feel i have been studying this exam wrongly all this while).I have applied to 6 colleges with my old score of 630(got 3 rejects).As soon as my final reject comes in,i will decide what to do with my MBA plans(whether to take GRE this time or again attempt GMAT).btw i had scored 1420 in gre during my college days but i had given it just coz everyone was giving it hehe!

Thanks,
Shreeraj

This happened with me as well. Verbal dropped 5 points.. I don't understand how can there be so drastic difference in verbal abilities.. GMAT for sure is not a fool proof indicator of one's ability and the sad thing is that our future depends, to some extent, on GMAT.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
the GMAT, although not as important as your experience and story, still continues to be one of the aspect of your application thats under YOUR control.
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi shreerajp99, it's always unfortunate when you take the test another time and one score goes up while the other goes down by the same amount. On the plus side, you know you are capable of achieving these scores, it's just a question of getting both of them on the same test. Don't get discouraged, you can take the exam again if you want, or maybe see how things work out this fall and then decide whether to take the exam again for a subsequent semester. This way you'll either get into the school you want (and forgo doing the exam again) or have extra motivation to try it again. Pretty good win/win scenario, at least.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your future successes.
-Ron
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SAE
Own Kudos [?]: 961 [1]
Given Kudos: 269
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
There are many components of an application. GMAT score is one of them. If you think you have a stellar work record and application (essay) then be comfortable with your score. Also what is your target school?

As someone has already suggested go with MGMAT books, will take 2 weeks full. That will surely boost your quant score.

Read this, see if you can take anything out.

gmat-score-630-to-710-in-5-weeks-146954.html?fl=similar

Good luck for future.
Gyan :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
shreerajp99 wrote:

Thanks,
Shreeraj

Hi shree,

I need to understand what do you understand by Gmat prep documents? please clarify.

Anuj
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for ur replies.
@anu-i meant gmatprep tests documents.U can download them from gmatclub and solve from those docs(especially sentence correcn).
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [2]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
Now that u have improved on quant....try one last time dnt waste ur verbal talents.....as it is that colls use best of all the scores.....still GMAT is first prefernce of almost all adcoms...

I think 680 is around the corner.....
just try to be consisitent with ur quant score....

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!!!!!!1

Archit
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts