Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, definitely. It probably makes more sense than Tuck, Fuqua and Darden.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re [#permalink]
Thanks for your advice. Which other schools would you suggest for me to try keeping in mind, my profile and my career goal.
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would also consider NYU (Stern)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Other college! [#permalink]
I would like to know whether I would stand any chance if I applied to MIT Sloan. If I want to restrict the number of colleges I would like to apply to 5, then would it be better to apply to MIT Sloan or Tuck.

Thanks
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sloan is probably a better fit than Tuck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Community work!!! [#permalink]
Dear Moderators,

Will a lack of any community work hamper my chances of getting admission with the present profile. In the coming months, after submission of application, will community work be of any use.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, it can hurt you. That doesn't man that you' definitely won't get in (many people get in without it), but adcomms will notice. Getting involved after you send in yourapp is probably too late.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calculus requirement!!! [#permalink]
Yesterday, I met the admissions officers of Duke University - Fuqua School, and they said that one needs to have calculus at undergraduate level for admission to their MBA programme. In India, there is no provision to take a seperate subject like Calculus, leave alone being recognized programme. I would like to know what options do I have if I want to study calculus course online, but recognized by the MBA adcoms.

Thanks!
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
My understanding is that the concepts of calculus are essentially integrated within Indian programs. I haven't heard of any Indian nationals having to take a separate course to meet the calc requirements that a lot of schools require, so I'd at least check on that again before signing up for a calc class that probably isn't necessary.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have been wondering about the calc. requirement myself. When buisness schools say they want applicants to have an undergrad calc class under their belts, what exactly do they mean. There are 3 calc classes usually given by the math dept. Also, many buisness schools offer a buisness calc class. I took the first calc class from the math dept., but wasn't able to complete the other two before I graduated. I also took a buis. calc class from buis. dept. Is that sufficient, or do buis. schools want students to have taken calc 3 (differential equations)? I think the description schools give on their web sites about "Quant background" is very vague. Your help would be much appreciated.
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any course in calc should be enough. Schools aren't looking for differential equations here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indian programmes and Calculus! [#permalink]
Not all Indian programmes have calculus courses in them. For example, since I have completed my undergraduate studies in Business Administration, I have been taught quantitative methods for business but not vectors and differential equations. In Indian engineering programmes, one is taught calculus. But at the same time, some amount of calculus is taught at high school level in all the programmes, be it science stream or commerce stream. Again if a person has done humanities in India, they are miles away from mathematics.

What do colleges mean by undergraduate level calculus course?
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
You have to contact the specific schools to get a true answer to that question. Emphasize that calculus is taught at some level in highschool. They don't care about vectors, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Progress!!! [#permalink]
This could hardly termed as progress but let me update you moderators who have been very kind to me that I got dinged at Wharton and Darden without interviews.

Maybe something to do with the amount of experience I have - 1.5 yrs as of now.

Please do suggest a good college in USA for finance where I would have a really really strong chance of getting in.

Subbaraju K
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry to hear that you got dinged. Perhaps more work experience would be advisable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
More help pls!!! [#permalink]
I would like to know what chances I would have at Kelley School of Business - Indiana University's MBA.

Please reply fast for the deadline is fast approaching.

Tks.
CIO
CIO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Round 3 at Kelley is a difficult proposition. I would estimate less than 50% chance of acceptance, especially in what's turning out to be a very competitive year.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]