Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [13]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [10]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32898 [5]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
General Discussion
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32873 [1]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Re: Perceiving, for all its nicety of functioning in the dark room under [#permalink]
Kudos
Well

This is a passa really tough that goes beyond the scope of gmat in my opinion

However, The answer should be A A and C

let me know
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: Perceiving, for all its nicety of functioning in the dark room under [#permalink]
carcass wrote:
Well

let me know

True, damn tough passage!
I think though you can get the like on the GMAT, but only if you're doing pretty exceptional. And if you're good enough to get such a difficult RC, you probably solve a SC in 20 secs and CR in 60 secs, what gives you more time on RC like that one.

By the way, I marked totally different answers: B, C, D.
Curious to know the OAs!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32873 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Sorry for the late reply. The OA for the above passage is:

1. C
2. C
3. E
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 430
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Perceiving, for all its nicety of functioning in the dark room under [#permalink]
carcass wrote:
Well

let me know

Hey Carcass,
But how to approach such a tough passage. I could only get a bit of it, all the way through my reading I was struggling to coherently comprehend. :dazed

Please help ! All of the answers were wrong, except 1.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Send PM
Kudos
Got all correct but took more than 18 minutes to understand the passage and answer the questions. What is the probability of getting such a question in real exam, and what should be the approach of tackling such hard questions?

Would it be advisable to randomly mark answers for such questions and move on to save time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
SajjadAhmad wrote:
nipun7399 wrote:
Got all correct but took more than 18 minutes to understand the passage and answer the questions. What is the probability of getting such a question in real exam, and what should be the approach of tackling such hard questions?

Would it be advisable to randomly mark answers for such questions and move on to save time?

The probability of getting such a question in the real exam is very high if you are performing good in the verbal and if you are a V38+ score caliber GMAT test taker, Don't mark answers randomly in a bunch, if you feel the passage is really hard to handle you can skip a question and putt your full efforts in the next question then again skip the next and attempt the next. Just don't skip questions in a row it will decrease your score speedily than attempting one question and skipping another.

Hey Sajjad, how do I prepare for such passages, is there any material out there that I can use to improve my passages that are similar to this?
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32898 [3]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos