Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Re: info on US Real Estate companies,recruiting from b-Schools [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey debayan222,

Thanks for your patience. With respect to finding the exact percentages, that is a matter of going to the career center section of MBA programs with significant RE programs - ie. Wharton, Columbia, MIT, UCLA, UNC, NYU, USC & Haas. As a heads up - RE programs are very regional and very relationship based, so if you want to settle down in a certain geographic region, consider going to a program in the region.

I could give you a list of RE companies that recruit heavily from top US programs, but again - its really up to you to do the research. Also, what specific aspect of RE are you targeting? For example, would this be in development, RE finance, or would this be working within a REIT? Determining this would help you narrow down the average salary of a "RE" graduate. Development would most likely pay less than any finance track. With respect to salary growth - again - it's a function of company, finance vs. development, and geographic region - as well as external economic factors .... like the residential or commercial RE market in that region.

Taking a look at UNC - for example - you can see that the companies that recruit at KF run the range.

Archstone
AvalonBay Communities
Bank of America
Cole Real Estate Capital
Eastdil Secured
Edens
Grubb Properties
Highwoods Properties
Jefferies & Company
Lancaster Pollard
Morgan Stanley
Starwood Capital Group
The JBG Companies
Trammell Crow Company
UBS
USAA Real Estate Company
Wood Partners

I have given you some food for thought. Now take it and run with it - do the homework and it will pay dividends when you get to the "why this school?" aspect of the essays and interview.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

debayan222 wrote:
HI Paul,
Thanks for your acknowledgement.

Look forward to your detail feedback on this...!

Much thanks!

PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hey debayan222,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I will respond asap, but I did want to acknowledge that I have read through your post

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

debayan222 wrote:
Hi Paul,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies(names, what percentage they recruit etc.) in US,recruiting from top 20 b-Schools out there...?
What is the average package for these firms for fresh top 20 b-Schools grads in US?

What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?

How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them as compared to big Consultancy firms? (If comparable to any extent at all...)

Much appreciate your feedback on this.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hey Paul,
Thank you so much for your reply...Really great information to do some research.This is probably the best reply I've received in the forum in this context so far....So Kudos Sir!

As you've mentioned, I've been doing some research and found that there are 5/6 top 20 schools having RE as one their concentrations (there are a few more than this list but these schools are in the list of my preferred ones...) such as Wharton/CBS/Kellogg/UCLA/Cornell/McCombs. As far my goals are concerned, I aim to take up RE development/project management in US residential/commercial RE market as short term goal post-MBA (although not exactly RE investment management , however REIT option is a good one to leverage out IMO) and Entrepreneurship in RE as LT goal in expanding family business. So.I guess IB like Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley/Bank of America et al. would be out of the recruiter-lists in these schools I think...Your thoughts ?

As you've very rightly said that RE development/project management would most likely pay less than any finance track like RE Investment/asset management,so considering my career goals and preferable school list as mentioned above,would you please share your deep thoughts what could be the average salary post-MBA and expected salary growth in the sector for the MBAs with RE focus from any of those schools as I've mentioned?

I would also appreciate your suggestions on how I can manage to get an internship (if I get into one of these schools) to make the full time job offer smoother under tough economic scenario as RE Market is heavily related to the economic condition...Am I right..?

P.S: Kellogg was not in your list..so how do you perceive it's MBA with RE concentration..?

PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hey debayan222,

Thanks for your patience. With respect to finding the exact percentages, that is a matter of going to the career center section of MBA programs with significant RE programs - ie. Wharton, Columbia, MIT, UCLA, UNC, NYU, USC & Haas. As a heads up - RE programs are very regional and very relationship based, so if you want to settle down in a certain geographic region, consider going to a program in the region.

I could give you a list of RE companies that recruit heavily from top US programs, but again - its really up to you to do the research. Also, what specific aspect of RE are you targeting? For example, would this be in development, RE finance, or would this be working within a REIT? Determining this would help you narrow down the average salary of a "RE" graduate. Development would most likely pay less than any finance track. With respect to salary growth - again - it's a function of company, finance vs. development, and geographic region - as well as external economic factors .... like the residential or commercial RE market in that region.

Taking a look at UNC - for example - you can see that the companies that recruit at KF run the range.

Archstone
AvalonBay Communities
Bank of America
Cole Real Estate Capital
Eastdil Secured
Edens
Grubb Properties
Highwoods Properties
Jefferies & Company
Lancaster Pollard
Morgan Stanley
Starwood Capital Group
The JBG Companies
Trammell Crow Company
UBS
USAA Real Estate Company
Wood Partners

I have given you some food for thought. Now take it and run with it - do the homework and it will pay dividends when you get to the "why this school?" aspect of the essays and interview.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

debayan222 wrote:
Hi Paul,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies(names, what percentage they recruit etc.) in US,recruiting from top 20 b-Schools out there...?
What is the average package for these firms for fresh top 20 b-Schools grads in US?

What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?

How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them as compared to big Consultancy firms? (If comparable to any extent at all...)

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hey Paul,
Any update on this Sir..?

Eagerly awaiting your reply....

debayan222 wrote:
Hey Paul,
Thank you so much for your reply...Really great information to do some research.This is probably the best reply I've received in the forum in this context so far....So Kudos Sir!

As you've mentioned, I've been doing some research and found that there are 5/6 top 20 schools having RE as one their concentrations (there are a few more than this list but these schools are in the list of my preferred ones...) such as Wharton/CBS/Kellogg/UCLA/Cornell/McCombs. As far my goals are concerned, I aim to take up RE development/project management in US residential/commercial RE market as short term goal post-MBA (although not exactly RE investment management , however REIT option is a good one to leverage out IMO) and Entrepreneurship in RE as LT goal in expanding family business. So.I guess IB like Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley/Bank of America et al. would be out of the recruiter-lists in these schools I think...Your thoughts ?

As you've very rightly said that RE development/project management would most likely pay less than any finance track like RE Investment/asset management,so considering my career goals and preferable school list as mentioned above,would you please share your deep thoughts what could be the average salary post-MBA and expected salary growth in the sector for the MBAs with RE focus from any of those schools as I've mentioned?

I would also appreciate your suggestions on how I can manage to get an internship (if I get into one of these schools) to make the full time job offer smoother under tough economic scenario as RE Market is heavily related to the economic condition...Am I right..?

P.S: Kellogg was not in your list..so how do you perceive it's MBA with RE concentration..?

PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hey debayan222,

Archstone
AvalonBay Communities
Bank of America
Cole Real Estate Capital
Eastdil Secured
Edens
Grubb Properties
Highwoods Properties
Jefferies & Company
Lancaster Pollard
Morgan Stanley
Starwood Capital Group
The JBG Companies
Trammell Crow Company
UBS
USAA Real Estate Company
Wood Partners

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

debayan222 wrote:
Hi Paul,

GMAT Club Bot