Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: New MS Accounting Programs in California [#permalink]
Just an update. I interviewed this past Tuesday and received a phone call today extending an offer for admission! I'm so stoked. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

[edit] UCI MPAc!

assassin661 wrote:
Anyone joining the Student Day this June 13th?

I will, see you there!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
p00p00 wrote:
Just an update. I interviewed this past Tuesday and received a phone call today extending an offer for admission! I'm so stoked. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

[edit] UCI MPAc!

assassin661 wrote:

I will, see you there!

^Word for word. this happened

edit: congrats poopoo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
p00p00 wrote:

[edit] UCI MPAc!

assassin661 wrote:

I will, see you there!

Awesome!
Congrats!

Guys,
Don't forget to submit career surveys by today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do you guys have any tips on the personal statements and what topics i.e. UCD might be looking for when writing the max 250 word essay? Any advice would be appreciated also for the UCI applications, just want to hit key points especially for these essays. Thanks for any help guys, I'm trying to apply for this Fall for all UC programs, FYI I decided to stick it out with GMAT, thanks for all the advice on that as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gonzalez4 wrote:
Do you guys have any tips on the personal statements and what topics i.e. UCD might be looking for when writing the max 250 word essay? Any advice would be appreciated also for the UCI applications, just want to hit key points especially for these essays. Thanks for any help guys, I'm trying to apply for this Fall for all UC programs, FYI I decided to stick it out with GMAT, thanks for all the advice on that as well!

I don't quite remember what the topics were, but beyond the obvious (i.e. good written communication skills are reflected in your personal statements), I'd say:

1) Think about what is necessary for future accountants. You can talk about experiences you've had that reflect why you'd be a good accountant.
2) If you have any interesting experiences that tie in well, that could make you stand out a bit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Accounting, Accounting
Schools: AGSM
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
lkjhgf wrote:
I also got accepted to my first choice UC Irvine for the MS Accounting Program!! Anyone else excited?!

Could you please tell me whats the difference between UC Riverside Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) Program (A. Gary Andersson school of management) and the Irvine one. Are they both under the University of California??

Is there any difficulties on getting a job after graduating from the riverside??
I see there is a huge difference in tuition , thats why Im doing this question. Any advice will be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
evisa wrote:
lkjhgf wrote:
I also got accepted to my first choice UC Irvine for the MS Accounting Program!! Anyone else excited?!

Could you please tell me whats the difference between UC Riverside Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) Program (A. Gary Andersson school of management) and the Irvine one. Are they both under the University of California??

Is there any difficulties on getting a job after graduating from the riverside??
I see there is a huge difference in tuition , thats why Im doing this question. Any advice will be appreciated.

The University of California label is pretty broad, for example: UC Berkeley is a top tier school while UC Riverside is a decent school but definitely not anywhere near top tier. With that being said, UC Irvine is a good school and ranks in the middle tier of UC's while UC Riverside is in the bottom tier of UC's. More likely than not, your chances of getting a job after graduation will be greater at UCI than UCR.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone accepted into UCI apply for on-campus grad student apartments? We were supposed to find out our community assignment anywhere from mid-May to early June and I haven't heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
failbears wrote:
Anyone accepted into UCI apply for on-campus grad student apartments? We were supposed to find out our community assignment anywhere from mid-May to early June and I haven't heard anything yet.

Did you hear anything?
I applied too but my status says no housing offer yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:

Did you hear anything?
I applied too but my status says no housing offer yet.

I think the housing offer status is what comes out in September, but I think the community assignment was supposed to come out by now. I sent an email to inquire about this, I'll let you know if I get a response. In addition, I haven't been contacted for the mandatory career advising interview yet, and all the times I chose were next week and the week after! I hope I start getting some responses.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Assassin, I have some bad news. I received an email from Verano Place (my first choice community) that said they only have 15 spots left in their apartments and ~430 applications on the waitlist. I don't have any specific information about Palo Verde and Campus Village (originally I only applied to VP and PV... d'oh!) but I know they are over-burdened as well. If you don't hear anything soon it might be time to look at the ACC-owned apartments on campus or at housing off campus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
failbears wrote:
Assassin, I have some bad news. I received an email from Verano Place (my first choice community) that said they only have 15 spots left in their apartments and ~430 applications on the waitlist. I don't have any specific information about Palo Verde and Campus Village (originally I only applied to VP and PV... d'oh!) but I know they are over-burdened as well. If you don't hear anything soon it might be time to look at the ACC-owned apartments on campus or at housing off campus.

Yeah, thanks for the info; I got that email too. Now I'm looking on the off-campus housing website.

Btw, did you hear back from the career service? I already had it, she just helped correct the resume.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the info; I got that email too. Now I'm looking on the off-campus housing website.

Btw, did you hear back from the career service? I already had it, she just helped correct the resume.

Good luck!

Yeah, I had it yesterday. Looks like I've got homework to do (revising my resume)! I'll look into off-campus housing if I don't hear anything this week. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi failbears,
If we don't get the on-campus housing, will the $20 processing fee get refunded?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
assassin661 wrote:
Hi failbears,
If we don't get the on-campus housing, will the $20 processing fee get refunded?

I don't know but I kind of doubt it. I figure whatever the result is, they still got slammed with all these applications and did what they could and "processed" them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:
Hi failbears,

I don't know but I kind of doubt it. I figure whatever the result is, they still got slammed with all these applications and did what they could and "processed" them.

btw, Did you get the verano place ? I didn't.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
assassin661 wrote:
failbears wrote:
assassin661 wrote:
Hi failbears,

btw, Did you get the verano place ? I didn't.

Me neither. You could try the on-campus housing owned by the private company, but I think I'll try my luck asking friends of friends and perhaps Craigslist if anyone needs a roommate.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts