Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: which US Bschools should i target? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Have you considered one year MBA programs? For folks who like what they do and want to grow their own business, the one year programs can give you what you need quickly so you don't have to spend much time off the job. Emory (Goizueta) has a good program, and if you hit what you are targeting on the GMAT, you would likely be a shoo-in for their one year program. The additional advantage is that it's cheaper and they aren't as strict on the intake requirements.
Director
Director
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Have you considered one year MBA programs? For folks who like what they do and want to grow their own business, the one year programs can give you what you need quickly so you don't have to spend much time off the job. Emory (Goizueta) has a good program, and if you hit what you are targeting on the GMAT, you would likely be a shoo-in for their one year program. The additional advantage is that it's cheaper and they aren't as strict on the intake requirements.

This is a great advise Bryant, But my short term goal is to get maximum exposure in international market before striving my business. So are these 1 year program good for it?
Though i agree with the cost of the program and intake it will become easy.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Possibly. Emory has a great international focus but you will not get an internship with a one year program, so if you were looking for some separate work expereince as part of your MBA the one year programs would not work. They are most advantageous for those who are focused on their own business or job who want to spend as little time away from the market as possible.
Director
Director
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Possibly. Emory has a great international focus but you will not get an internship with a one year program, so if you were looking for some separate work expereince as part of your MBA the one year programs would not work. They are most advantageous for those who are focused on their own business or job who want to spend as little time away from the market as possible.

So for 2 years regular MBA which schools do you suggest?
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Georgetown, UNC Keenan Flagler, UT Austin
GMAT Club Bot