Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3119 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3119 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT : Just a start.... [#permalink]
amrutagmat wrote:
Hey , Thanks a lot for your reply. :) It really helped. Even i was thinking of having my test around april-may.
Just one doubt, the application process starts during july or the admissions??? because, after GMAT,I also have to give my TOEFL. :?

Applications for Fall 2014 intake will start around July 2013.. And here is something I found around the net about TOEFL requirement for Indian candidates... Although it would do no harm for you to verify the same yourself... :)

toefl-required-143392.html#p1152824
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
I agree that April or May would be a good time to take the GMAT. The time for you to finish submitting your applications will be primarily between October and January, although this year Harvard's round 1 deadline was at the end of September. Round 3 is a last resort, since most of the incoming class will have been selected by that point, leaving few seats available for late applicants.

Much of your preparation will concern the GMAT, but you should also take steps to show leadership at work and win the favor of your supervisor(s). You will likely need a recommendation from him/her/them. You should also take time to reflect on challenges and victories you've had. These experiences will serve as the bases for your essays. If you have not had significant challenges or victories, you should spend the next few months seeking them out! Finally, you have enough time to address any imbalances in your profile. If you are not involved with an activity outside of work, get involved! It doesn't have to be community service-related, although volunteering tends to look good. It can be an activity that is a personal passion of yours, such as playing cricket. Perhaps you could organize a cricket tournament. Even better, you could organize a kids' cricket tournament for charity.

In short, look for opportunities to make yourself more amazing over the coming year. It can be done!

And, of course, make sure to read all about the career opportunities available to MBA graduates and identify which of these appeal to you. It will be important that you have clearly defined, achievable goals. You will need to describe these succinctly in essays and interviews. Identify which schools will help you achieve those goals.

Oh, and you can get GMAT Prep software at mba.com for free just by registering. You can get the old version of the software (for double the prep material) using this torrent.

Good luck!
NonYankee
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3119 [0]
Send PM
Wow... 800... Amazing man.... Congrats on the perfect score.... That too V51.... Brilliant...

Although, now I am eligible for something that you are not... i.e Retaking the GMAT.. :p
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have another question:
Do we have negative marking for Gmat Test? :(
how long is gmat score valid? i mean how many years?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
amrutagmat wrote:
I have another question:
Do we have negative marking for Gmat Test? :(
how long is gmat score valid? i mean how many years?

I think this link will help you answer all your questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Masters in Management (MIM)

Can anybody guide me about this Course in USA. I also wanna know the scope of this course in terms of career. I mean are there any good opportunities available for JOBs if choose this course.
Also, how good is the walsh college in Michigan,USA, Ranking wise.

I have just 2 years of experience so i am thinking about Masters in management instead of Masters in business administration. :roll: So any suggestion about this is welcome.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
amrutagmat wrote:

I am a Beginner...

Hello,
I am getting to know more about GMAT and MBA Admission processes. I am yet to give my GMAT. Just wanted to confirm my date.Could anybody help me with my questions:
1) When does the admission process begin for Bschools,so that I can decide my gmat test date?
2) I wanna do my mba in US. What should be the approach?
3) Link for GMAT preparation material (Any suggestion).

You might find this interactive tour answer most of your questions: https://www.gmatpill.com/taking-the-gmat

R1 is usually due September. R2 due first week of January. R3 in March/April. So plan your GMAT one or 2 months before the deadline you aim for.

Even better - take the test a year or two before you apply.

Click any link in my signature to get extra practice.
GMAT Club Bot