Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Send PM
Re: ReApplicant - Ask Feedback & Change in Career Goals [#permalink]
Hey there - It's not actually harder to get into Haas as a reapplicant except for the TOEFL issue. Haas is very welcoming to reapplicants. If you do a good job there is a good chance; admissions rates for that segment of their applicant pool are very high.

If re: Tuck you're asking can you lie and say you didn't apply before... um, no, that would be lying. :-)

Winning is not everything; winning honorably is everything.

EssaySnark
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:

Actually that's not true either but it sounded good a moment ago when we wrote it!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Hey there - It's not actually harder to get into Haas as a reapplicant except for the TOEFL issue. Haas is very welcoming to reapplicants. If you do a good job there is a good chance; admissions rates for that segment of their applicant pool are very high.

If re: Tuck you're asking can you lie and say you didn't apply before... um, no, that would be lying. :-)

EssaySnark

Hi EssaySnark,

Ohh.. I never meant to say that I would like to lie in my application. I know it would be suicidal :)

Would the schools generally compare the past application with the new ones? (As in compare the essays and career goals).

Also, could you please let me know which school is more re-applicant friendly (Tuck or Haas)?

Thank you!!

Time to change my signature :oops:

TheRedDevil
Send PM
Yeah, lying on an app is shortsighted and never necessary - sorry if we misunderstood what you meant, and glad we're coming at this from the same place! :-)

For a reapplicant, yes, the schools do look at the previous application - or at least, the reviewers have access to it. Some reviewers don't actively look at it right away, they may go through everything fresh and then choose whether or not to pull up some or all of the prior application. For Harvard, they may not even look at the previous app until after an interview invite has gone out - but they will definitely review everything before the interview. You should create a reapplicant pitch with complete awareness of what you presented previously, but it should still be standalone - in other words, try to present new stories in your essays; write everything in a way that they don't have to review your past app, and write it as a continuation of what you gave before. If your goals have changed, explain how and why. Make the new app self-contained; don't say "My goals are the same as last time" which would leave the reader clueless as to the goal, but instead say "My goal of XYZ is the same as I wrote about last year" and then give more detail and expand upon your thinking. If your goals change, then it also needs to be handled carefully.

Tuck and Haas are equally reapplicant-friendly, neither is more welcoming than the other, they both like to see someone try again and they both have very high admit rates from the reapplicant pool (we don't have hard numbers on that but would be willing to bet that the percentages are quite comparable).

It's challenging to do a good job on the reapplication but in some ways it's easier - you have experience with the essays, you (hopefully!) know more about the schools, and in many cases people become very very determined to make it in, so they're willing to go all out. We have a lot of success stories on the blahg from reapplicants who got it done. Here's a favorite: https://essaysnark.com/2013/01/success-story-with-industrial-sized-bottles-of-vodka/

You're targeting two of our favorite schools, you can't go wrong with either one. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help!
EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:

You're targeting two of our favorite schools, you can't go wrong with either one. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help!
EssaySnark

Yes. I have signed up for the comprehensive profile review from EssaySnark and would be submitting my form soon.

Looking forward to working with you!

TheRedDevil!
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Send PM