Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink]
When you submit an update, do you get a reply back? I sent mine 10 days ago, but didn't get a confirmation.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
hailmary620 wrote:
When you submit an update, do you get a reply back? I sent mine 10 days ago, but didn't get a confirmation.

I think someone posted before that they'd start responding to WL-ers in June, but I haven't scrolled through the posts to find who said that (I know...I know...)
Director
Director
Send PM
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I think someone posted before that they'd start responding to WL-ers in June, but I haven't scrolled through the posts to find who said that (I know...I know...)

Yeah I know that. Was just asking that when you email an update, do you get a reply back from the other side? Like at Duke, when you email something to the WL email address, you get a confirmation back in 3 hours. Nothing from Yale.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Yeah I know that. Was just asking that when you email an update, do you get a reply back from the other side? Like at Duke, when you email something to the WL email address, you get a confirmation back in 3 hours. Nothing from Yale.

I know what you mean--I've gotten same-day responses to Duke, Darden, and Tuck when sending various updates or asking questions. Yale is a little different, unfortunately... However, they do tend to reply with personalized responses eventually (sometimes a few weeks later). Did you ever get at least the "email receipt" auto-reply ("Thank you for your interest in Yale School of Management. An Admissions representative will respond to your email within the next 48 hours...")?

If not, it might be worth a call to confirm. A bit of persistance is definitely your friend at this stage in the game!
Director
Director
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I know what you mean--I've gotten same-day responses to Duke, Darden, and Tuck when sending various updates or asking questions. Yale is a little different, unfortunately... However, they do tend to reply with personalized responses eventually (sometimes a few weeks later). Did you ever get at least the "email receipt" auto-reply ("Thank you for your interest in Yale School of Management. An Admissions representative will respond to your email within the next 48 hours...")?

If not, it might be worth a call to confirm. A bit of persistance is definitely your friend at this stage in the game!

No, I didn't get any reply back. I am going to wait until end of this week and call them on Monday. Yes, I have heard about those personalized emails/feedback on app, so hoping for one also. It will be nice to know what they think your weakness is.
Director
Director
Send PM
Any WL movement?

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
FYI - I was released from Yale WL this morning while vacationing in Venice. lol. I am domestic applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Ahhh I'm really sorry to hear that! I was really hoping you'd get in. Hope you're able to put the rejection aside and keep enjoying Venice. Are you planning to reapply?

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
lb2015 wrote:
Ahhh I'm really sorry to hear that! I was really hoping you'd get in. Hope you're able to put the rejection aside and keep enjoying Venice. Are you planning to reapply?

Yup, If Duke WL doesn't work out, then Yale R1. The deadlines are just three months away, so no time for mourning :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
I was a WL'd Rd1 applicant dinged with Rd2. Is it just me or is anyone else surprised at the fact that noone on GMATClub has been accepted off of the WL so far this year? Has SOM's yield gone up that dramatically?
Director
Director
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
I was a WL'd Rd1 applicant dinged with Rd2. Is it just me or is anyone else surprised at the fact that noone on GMATClub has been accepted off of the WL so far this year? Has SOM's yield gone up that dramatically?

Yes, word on the street is that it did. The new building probably attracted the undecided admits.

Are you reapplying? You can request a feedback.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Yeah I was planning on asking for feedback. As for reapplying, depends on if I get off the Tuck WL. If not then I will reapply Rd1 to both.

Would now be a good time to request feedback from SOM or are you supposed to wait?

Director
Director
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Yeah I was planning on asking for feedback. As for reapplying, depends on if I get off the Tuck WL. If not then I will reapply Rd1 to both.

Would now be a good time to request feedback from SOM or are you supposed to wait?

Yes, I sent my request today and they said that I will get a detailed feedback by the end of month.

Good luck with Tuck. I got my Tuck feedback last month and reapplying in ED.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I was admitted off the SOM waitlist today, so we know there was at least some movement this year, although I heard it was very minimal.
Director
Director
Send PM
mwdl4life wrote:
Hi all,

I was admitted off the SOM waitlist today, so we know there was at least some movement this year, although I heard it was very minimal.

Congratulations. There orientation starts in 2 weeks, so there must be a last minute drop out. Are you going to matriculate?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
mwdl4life wrote:
Hi all,

Congratulations. There orientation starts in 2 weeks, so there must be a last minute drop out. Are you going to matriculate?

Absolutely. I'm a joint degree student, so I think that might have helped me get the call at the very end.

For anyone wondering the path I took to get off the wait list: two follow up letters within a week after being asked if I wanted to remain on the wait list highlighting grades, leadership activities on campus and YSPH website feature, and emphasis on SOM being the only business school of interest to me. Also, a letter of recommendation from a YLS professor was submitted in June, and I'm sure helped a lot with me getting in.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck to you all with your apps in the future.
Director
Director
Send PM
mwdl4life wrote:
hailmary wrote:

Absolutely. I'm a joint degree student, so I think that might have helped me get the call at the very end.

For anyone wondering the path I took to get off the wait list: two follow up letters within a week after being asked if I wanted to remain on the wait list highlighting grades, leadership activities on campus and YSPH website feature, and emphasis on SOM being the only business school of interest to me. Also, a letter of recommendation from a YLS professor was submitted in June, and I'm sure helped a lot with me getting in.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck to you all with your apps in the future.

Awesome. Yeah, I think they were probably concerned about your academic capabilities with you being a YLS student (just kidding). Good Luck! That Yale JD/MBA combo will carry tremendous amount of weight. Are you doing the 3 yr program or the 4 yr one?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts