Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1305 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GPA: 3.82
WE:Account Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 558 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V24
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 4: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: TOEFL Score Requirements for Most Popular Schools [#permalink]
Hi

I have seen that Warton average score is 111, but do you think I will have any trouble if I score 108 or 109? Just to know if i should prepare the exam a little more

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
Don't think so. The average is 111, which means that ca. half of the admitted students scored a bit below 111. So my guess is that you will be fine with 108, let alone 109.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you guys :)
But I think it's also important not to forget that some schools don't explicitly mention any cut-off mark but they do consider the marks when they view the student's application documents... and I've heard that for some schools with "no cut-off specified", actually you'd better do your best to have over 100 (in iBT format) or you'll have much less chance than the others to be chosen...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.1
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi,
is anyone aware of possible (significant) updates regarding the TOEFL score requirements?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I received 80 points, maybe you know some great website, tutorials for english beginners?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Is it Recent information for 2013 or 2014???
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Great list. I took the TOEFL twice and got perfect scores. It was still a bit hard to get used to the fast pace at school, so I'd worry about keeping up with a low score...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Nice post!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
tofel is very toguh for me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
I scored 108 on TOEFL a couple of days before. I have a decent GMAT score in the mid 700's. But what I feel is that I lacked the HBS breakeven point of 109 by just a point. Should I consider retaking?? Would a difference of just 1 or 2 points would really make a difference in my applications ?? ( I personally don't think that TOEFL makes a much sense in terms of your aptitude to top b- schools ). Candid opinions are highly solicited. :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
farzanarahman wrote:
Is it Recent information for 2013 or 2014???

Not really. Yale does not require TOEFL score anymore.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Thanks for the post. It is very beneficial to see the required TOEFL score in one place. I am waiting for my score to be announced.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
bb wrote:
resh wrote:
Thanks for this post.

Just a query - does having a high Toefl score really make a difference?
For eg. Suppose the cut off and average class profile is 100 for Toefl iBT, does having a 117 really help?

No, not really unfortunately.
Since you will be compared to a slew of native speakers at BSchools (who have not taken toefl), the score does not come into play.

The perspective is that You must have a certain level of proficiency but your english speaking abilities don't impact your leadership and managerial skills - if that were true, all native speakers would have an advantage automatically...

Dear bb,
I've just had a feedback conversation with an admission officer at UCLA Anderson. They rejected me after I applied in 3rd round this year.
My TOEFL score is 103 (was 99 at the time of applying there) but the officer told me that she would recommend me retaking the TOEFL in order to be more competitive because the average score of the admitted applicants is several points higher than mine. It's quite possible that she said so because my GPA is low (unfortunately, I can't change the past), and I think that in my case a 117 TOEFL would have definitely helped strenghten my application. Thus, in my humble opinion, TOEFL score is an issue which can influence the chances of one's admission differently in different situations.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vfqrk23 wrote:
Dear bb,
I've just had a feedback conversation with an admission officer at UCLA Anderson. They rejected me after I applied in 3rd round this year.
My TOEFL score is 103 (was 99 at the time of applying there) but the officer told me that she would recommend me retaking the TOEFL in order to be more competitive because the average score of the admitted applicants is several points higher than mine. It's quite possible that she said so because my GPA is low (unfortunately, I can't change the past), and I think that in my case a 117 TOEFL would have definitely helped strenghten my application. Thus, in my humble opinion, TOEFL score is an issue which can influence the chances of one's admission differently in different situations.

Hi vfqrk23.
bb took his TOEFL many years ago, so I would glad to help you, since I took it two years ago.
First of all, you applied in 3rd round which is very competitive, for example some really strong candidates with fancy names on their resumes, who applied to H/S/W only in R1 or R2 may apply in R3 to their second choice schools.
Second, imagine Adcoms have already accepted someone similar to your experience and background with the same or better stats in R1 and R2. So for you to be more competitive in R3 you must have better scores, so what the adcom at UCLA suggested you.
Third, You have applied with 99, while thee minimum required is 100, that might have been an issue. However I know a guy who was accepted to Booth with TOEFL score of 99, while their minimum required score was 104. That guy had 740 on the GMAT and incredible work experience and very strong GPA (graduate in aeronautics and physics). So exceptions always exist.
Forth, your TOEFL score may be unbalanced. hat is you split across all sections? for example once I took TOEFL and got an overal score of 99 with 20 in Reading and 28 in listening. I decided to focus on reading during my preparation, Guess what?! I scored again 99 with 26 in Reading and 22 in listening. Imagine how dissapointed I was. Each school says that they want a balanced score, which is at least 25 point in each section. Work on your most troubled sectoins.
Fifth, my score is 105 and I have been accepted to and rejected by several top20 schools with GMAT score below 700. So TOEFL is not a single factor, which may influence the outcome of the game.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Dear PTK,
Thank you very much for such a useful information.
My split in TOEFL: R-29, L-25, S-23, W-26.
My speaking is of course needs to be improved. Studying of English has been a long way for me because I started to study it when I was 32 (almost 35 right now and this is another possible reason why I was rejected). You are absolutely right regarding 3rd round and its competitiveness, but the admission officer didn't say a word about it. All she said was about UCLA's high standard in every part of the applications of the admitted students.
As you could see my GMAT adventure wasn't easy either =) A lot of times during my preparation I wanted to quit, but every time said myself "you can do it, just keep going"
Anyway, thanks again for your comments and sharing of your story!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Send PM
vfqrk23 wrote:
Dear PTK,
Thank you very much for such a useful information.
My split in TOEFL: R-29, L-25, S-23, W-26.
My speaking is of course needs to be improved. Studying of English has been a long way for me because I started to study it when I was 32 (almost 35 right now and this is another possible reason why I was rejected). You are absolutely right regarding 3rd round and its competitiveness, but the admission officer didn't say a word about it. All she said was about UCLA's high standard in every part of the applications of the admitted students.
As you could see my GMAT adventure wasn't easy either =) A lot of times during my preparation I wanted to quit, but every time said myself "you can do it, just keep going"
Anyway, thanks again for your comments and sharing of your story!

You have an amazing GMAT result, which is more important! I began learning english at the age of 12, but my gmat is not that stellar as yours.
Good luck and apply in R1 and R2 this year, some schools may neglect your speaking score.
By the way there were 0n the GC) TOEFL instructional videos for speaking, they helped me very much. Also see here https://www.notefull.com/
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator: