Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys [#permalink]
I think I will be able to get a high 500s without too much trouble and probably even low 600s. Now my questions is how to make the leap from there to mid-high 600s. Take more tests? Spend more time on word problems? Since I am foreign - I was told to take the TOEFL - which is crushed - so the main thing for me is scoring VERY high on the quant section and not worry too too much about the verbal since my TOEFL will replace the verbal - at least in part.

My break outs so far are about 28-31/37 on Quant and 24-26/41 Verbal.

I REALLY WANT to get 32-34 quant consistently before I take it again and also improve the Verbal some... If I get a high enough score - I will look into getting into UVA G-town - my undergrad GPA was 3.3
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hrm... it doesn't sound like you're ready yet... I would postpone and really work on Verbal and Quant if I were you. Manhattan GMAT has Number Properties and Word Problems that you might find useful. Their CR/RC/SC books are also good for non-native speakers. I would spend at least 2 weeks non stop on those 5 books before I take the test, if you want UVA and a 650+.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kryzak... [#permalink]
Question for you. It seems like everyone has a different strategy to attack the GMAT. I bought Kaplan because many people were praising their books, the Arco for the same reason, now you mention Manhattan. I think I would like to spend a week per subject until I retake the test (postponed it to October 15th) and would want to take a FULL test each weekend starting August 18th to have an idea of my progression. I would then need to find enough full QUALITY tests and books that fit my needs.

I need help with:
Quant:
Word problems, ultimate values, inequalities.

Verbal:
I seem to be equally bad/good at it - I get about 60% everytime I do verbal sections - but I think my RC could use a bit of help.

Could you direct me towards good material for these 2 months of preparation and a place where to get good quality full size tests (not including essays)

Thanks a million,

swiss1042
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NEW to GMAT club [#permalink]
Hello everyone, I am new on this forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
NEW to GMAT club [#permalink]
:? Hello serious Gmat-ians , i have recently joined the forum and have many doubts regarding actual GMAT exam and what is exactly required for entering into good B school. Let us start with :
1. How many years of experience one must have . I have 2 years of work ex , is it
a good figure as far as work ex is concerned ?
2. How to prepare for Verbal section in GMAT ?
3. How does AWA score helps/hinders you in your path of getting into good B School.
4. What is integrated reasoning . Is it something related to logical reasoning or data interpretation .

5. In verbal what can be considered as a good score out of 60. What i mean to say , suppose someone scores 45 in Math then what should be his verbal score for him to acheive 95-99 %ile.
6. The most important is which are the best test series for taking GMAT exams . I have read many posts of GMATians who say that Kaplan are the most discouraging of all . So ruling out kaplan test series please give names of any two test series and how can i access them ?

Please give your valuable feedback , it will help me to align my preparation in right direction .
Regards
VRen
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanna participate GMAT. I am new here, welcome me :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi.....welcome to this forum site......!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey m new to this gmat club.

Frns can I get to know when is the best time to give gmat so dat one can apply to all good colleges without fail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and have just joined today. Am planning to give the GMAT this year. Hope to have a productive and informative time here. Regards.

I have a question regarding the level of Quant in the exam. From going through the official GMAC book and taking some diagnostic tests I had gotten an idea of a certain level but just started taking the Manhattan exam and it was just so tough! Can anyone please tell me which one is the level of the actual exam?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

i have just joined the GMAT Club. I am a Software Test Engineer from Pune, India.

All this while i was learning about GMAT. I have collected most of the Material such as MGMAT, OG & PowerScore CR Bible. Also,i have downloaded the GMATClub Math Book.

I am all set to start my Prep from tomorrow morning. I gave my first GMATPrep Mock as a diagnostic and scored a total of 320. Pathetic score :cry: but i haven't lost hope.I scored very poorly in Quant(Very Weak here) and Verbal (Don't Even Ask). I made the following mistakes during the test:

1. Lack of concentration: Couldn't stare at the screen for too long and couldn't sit in one place for 4 hours straight
2. I am very poor at both Verbal and Quant(Guess the Indian Engineer Myth is busted). Didn't know what to write for Argument and Screwed up my IR too.
3. So many mistakes in Sentence Correction. Trusted my ear and it all fell apart.
4. Reading speed is slow and so is Mental Calculation speed. Forgot Tables,Squares,Cubes and so on.

I have decided to Complete my Basic Prep by November end and start Extra Practice and Mocks from then on.

I am going to Give GMAT only 1 attempt and i'm going to make it my best :x .I'm starting prep tomorrow :x :x :x :x :x :x .

Bye for now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi friends I am totally new on this site.......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am not entirely new to this club but slowly getting the hang of using it and keen on GMAT AND MBA so here. Could you please help or suggest a strategy for me. I am a working professional with over six years work experience. How do I begin with this. The moment I think about giving the mock, I get cold feet. PLEASE HELP!!
GMAT Club Bot