Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
GPA: 3.42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
MercuryLimestone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I read in the instruction that the applicant should send the official certificate of transcript to the school before the decision date. However, when I check the status in my self-serviced account, it says I should send both the certificates of my degree and my transcript to the school. I forgot to upload the scanned version of my degree in the application, so I think they should ask for a scanned one instead of a hard copy. Do any of you have to send the certificate of your degree (hard copy) to them (not certificate of transcript).

The issue for me is my school does not provide official certificates (Haas required the certificate from candidate's undergrad school with the seal). My undergrad university only provides original ones and for once only. So, when I emailed and asked about my case, Haas told me to send them the original ones, they will certify them on their campus and then returned the documents to me. It's ok for the transcript as my university granted 2 copies for me. But for my university degree, I feel risky sending the original one even through DHL or UPS. In my country, most authentic copies/certificate of documents are usually made via Justice offices, not by the one which issues the originals.

I am thinking of asking them to let me send the notarized copy of my degree (which issue by Justice Department based on the original one), then follow them with a scanned copy. I still can send my original one to them, but with a lot of anxiety. If I lost the original of my degree, I can only get a certificate that says that I graduated from such a university and that I lost my original one.

Final, there's a myth that Haas is very selective on giving our interview invitation. Thus, if one gets an invitation, he or she probably has a slightly higher chance to get in than in the case of other B-school. For example, Wharton may interview 3 to get 1 in; Haas may interview 5 to get 3 in. Any one confirms this myth?

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions ... 13_12.html

You have roughly a 50% chance of getting in once you get an interview. This is according to the number of applicants the admissions dept says they typically interview (25%ish) and the percentage accepted (13%).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
SVD86 wrote:
HedgeWi wrote:
Thrilled to receive an invite today! Indian applicant with 710 GMAT and good GPA. Status to 'Application Under Evaluation' changed 10 days back. I guess many Indians would have received an invitation today.

Can you tell me which city in India ?

Bangalore
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Turns out they are still giving out interview invites over the break! I just received one in my inbox this afternoon at 1:27PM (PT). Since it's so late in the process, the e-mail indicated that on-campus interviews can no longer be scheduled, so even those of us in the Bay Area will have to do off-campus interviews with alums.

Submitted: 10/16
Application Under Review: 11/14 (I never saw my application change from Stage 1 to Stage 2)
Invited to Interview: 12/23

I'm based in California with a tech/start-up background. Hope this helps!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
contessa922 wrote:
Turns out they are still giving out interview invites over the break! I just received one in my inbox this afternoon at 1:27PM (PT). Since it's so late in the process, the e-mail indicated that on-campus interviews can no longer be scheduled, so even those of us in the Bay Area will have to do off-campus interviews with alums.

Submitted: 10/16
Application Under Review: 11/14 (I never saw my application change from Stage 1 to Stage 2)
Invited to Interview: 12/23

I'm based in California with a tech/start-up background. Hope this helps!

Congrats !! You already got Anderson Admit too. Looks like new enjoyable life ahead ;). Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Done with interview. Pretty standard with questions similar to ones that are seen in the clearadmit website. The alum I met was great. He made me feel very comfortable and the interview went smooth. Took about an hour or so.

Now I'm going to have sleepless nights all the way until January 15th!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Hi Guys,

My interview was on 25th Dec. General questions related to work ex etc. Was wondering if its possible for the decision to be announced before 15th Jan or not? Urgent as i need to take a few decisions before that.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Does anyone know how long can each answer of the recomendattion letter can have
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
espionage wrote:
Hi Guys,

My interview was on 25th Dec. General questions related to work ex etc. Was wondering if its possible for the decision to be announced before 15th Jan or not? Urgent as i need to take a few decisions before that.

Regards

You had your interview on Christmas Day??? (Did the interviewer have on a red suit and a beard as white as snow?)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Anyone else having issue with that "word limit" on the bottom of the essay screens?
I cut my essays down to the word maximum, but my 250 word essays are showing up as 255-ish in the Haas page, and my 750 page essay is showing up as ten words or so over. Still within the range that's acceptable (as mentioned earlier in this thread) so I won't sweat it, but it definitely threw me off just a tad bit, haha.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.67
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
EngineeringMBA wrote:
Anyone else having issue with that "word limit" on the bottom of the essay screens?
I cut my essays down to the word maximum, but my 250 word essays are showing up as 255-ish in the Haas page, and my 750 page essay is showing up as ten words or so over. Still within the range that's acceptable (as mentioned earlier in this thread) so I won't sweat it, but it definitely threw me off just a tad bit, haha.

It seems as though they count contractions as two separate words.

Happy New Year!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
What are my chances in Haas with a 660 gmat a decent tech profile
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
Just finished my interview, off-campus with an alum. It lasted an hour, the major questions can be found below.

- Why business school?
- Why Haas?
- Tell me about a time that you had to influence someone to do something that they didn't want to do.
- What are your short and long-term goals? What led you to that career aspiration?
- Where would you like to do your internship and why?
- What clubs/activities are you interested in participating in at Haas?
- What will you contribute to the Haas community?
- Tell me about a time that you resolved a conflict between team members.

For those who have already interviewed - Does Haas send you an e-mail when they receive your official documents (transcript, etc.)? Mine were just sent out by my university today, so I am hoping they get there in time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MercuryLimestone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I read in the instruction that the applicant should send the official certificate of transcript to the school before the decision date. However, when I check the status in my self-serviced account, it says I should send both the certificates of my degree and my transcript to the school. I forgot to upload the scanned version of my degree in the application, so I think they should ask for a scanned one instead of a hard copy. Do any of you have to send the certificate of your degree (hard copy) to them (not certificate of transcript).

The issue for me is my school does not provide official certificates (Haas required the certificate from candidate's undergrad school with the seal). My undergrad university only provides original ones and for once only. So, when I emailed and asked about my case, Haas told me to send them the original ones, they will certify them on their campus and then returned the documents to me. It's ok for the transcript as my university granted 2 copies for me. But for my university degree, I feel risky sending the original one even through DHL or UPS. In my country, most authentic copies/certificate of documents are usually made via Justice offices, not by the one which issues the originals.

I am thinking of asking them to let me send the notarized copy of my degree (which issue by Justice Department based on the original one), then follow them with a scanned copy. I still can send my original one to them, but with a lot of anxiety. If I lost the original of my degree, I can only get a certificate that says that I graduated from such a university and that I lost my original one.

Final, there's a myth that Haas is very selective on giving our interview invitation. Thus, if one gets an invitation, he or she probably has a slightly higher chance to get in than in the case of other B-school. For example, Wharton may interview 3 to get 1 in; Haas may interview 5 to get 3 in. Any one confirms this myth?

What did you do eventually? Send originals? Or send copies attested via the Judicial department? I have a similar case here in India where we only have one set of originals from the university. I'm jittery to send them via DHL/Fedex. I'd rather prefer to send attested copies from a judicial authority / similar. Or I can even get photocopies attested by the Head of Department in my University. I'm writing to the Adcom as well and will update when I receive a response. However, wanted to understand what you did?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
I'm curious to see if anyone will be invited to interview between now and the 15th. Please let us know if you happen to get an invite. Best of luck to all of you that have already been interviewed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
alwayshopeful wrote:
I'm curious to see if anyone will be invited to interview between now and the 15th. Please let us know if you happen to get an invite. Best of luck to all of you that have already been interviewed!

I think/hope some interview invites are still coming.

As a point of reference, my status changed to phase 2 -under review- in the last few days - not sure exactly when, but less than a week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
R2 deadline is Jan 8th, so I guess interview invites for R1 will continue to come after the Adcoms skim through the R2 applicant pool.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Any invites post winter break ?
GMAT Club Bot