Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [2]
Given Kudos: 130
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Vs My Life [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Good luck! You can do it if you can focus on the GMAT.
30 days is a bit light, so you probably just scratched the surface. You should be able to get up there with another 2-3 months of prep.

Mike has some good points there. Also look at the SELF PREP in the navigation. Many good place to review.

Good Luck!
BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Hey go through the egmat articles on GMat club and do view all the videos of Thursdays with Ron.

All the best for your gmat !!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Thank you all for your support and guidance.

@Mike...Thanks a lot...those articles were great help.

I cant afford to have 2-3 months since I need to take admission in this year or else I will loose my battle.

My weak area is sentence correction...I do fairly well in RC, CR and rest of the gmat content.

All I need is motivation, confidence and guidance......I have always been good in academics

I am an engineer with double masters and have 5+ years of work experience.

When I took admission in +1 I was completely unaware that the combo of physics chemistry and maths is called non medical....I took those subjects because I liked them...I have never attended any coaching classes and have no guidance at all.....yet I am a first engineer in my whole family....

If I can do all that..I can work with gmat too, all I need is my confidence....yes there are lot of weak moments but I am fighter and I will never stop fighting.
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Expert Reply
amarpreet1983 wrote:
Thank you all for your support and guidance.

@Mike...Thanks a lot...those articles were great help.

I cant afford to have 2-3 months since I need to take admission in this year or else I will loose my battle.

My weak area is sentence correction...I do fairly well in RC, CR and rest of the gmat content.

All I need is motivation, confidence and guidance......I have always been good in academics

I am an engineer with double masters and have 5+ years of work experience.

When I took admission in +1 I was completely unaware that the combo of physics chemistry and maths is called non medical....I took those subjects because I liked them...I have never attended any coaching classes and have no guidance at all.....yet I am a first engineer in my whole family....

If I can do all that..I can work with gmat too, all I need is my confidence....yes there are lot of weak moments but I am fighter and I will never stop fighting.

Dear amarpreet1983,
I'm glad you found the articles helpful. Since your time is limited, here's a one-month study plan that may suit your schedule better:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/1-month-gm ... -schedule/
If you join Magoosh, make sure to watch all the SC video lessons twice --- the whole series once, then the whole series again. That, and the practice questions, can really help you.
Finally, I am going to follow my intuition here. I don't know if you are familiar with Joseph Campbell, the expert on mythology. When he was old, he was interviewed by Bill Moyers, and the series was published as "The Power of Myth." It's available as in book form:
https://www.amazon.com/POWER-MYTH-With-B ... er+of+myth
and in video form:
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Myth-Joseph ... er+of+myth
If you don't want to buy it, it may be that an academic library would have these or be able to obtain them. Campbell talks about the the myth of the hero and nature of the hero's journey. It seems to me that the struggle in which you are engages is heroic, so I thought Campbell's words would provide some inspiration.
Best of luck to you, my friend.
Mike :-)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts