Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink]
Hi everybody, in a month i'll take the exam, i need, let's say, a score around 650. I'm not sure of myself because i'm not so good at the verbal part especially.

Do you suggest me to concentrate my study only in the quantitative question under 700 level? Is there a plan to concentrate my energy to obtain 650 in one month?
thanks dudes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
templeballs wrote:
Hi everybody, in a month i'll take the exam, i need, let's say, a score around 650. I'm not sure of myself because i'm not so good at the verbal part especially.

Do you suggest me to concentrate my study only in the quantitative question under 700 level? Is there a plan to concentrate my energy to obtain 650 in one month?
thanks dudes

I'd suggest that don't ignore either verbal or quant. Between verbal and quant, verbal is the deal breaker for most people. So If I were you I would work harder on verbal given it was a weak area unless I was really doing bad on quant. Also, consider postponing the exam if you feel you're not ready and you can afford it in terms of timing.

You could search for study plans on google or gmat club, I am sure you'll find a one month study plan.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
templeballs wrote:

thanks dudes

As you are now getting closer --- I might suggest checking out these two links.

https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ew-part-2/

For me, it's less about studying questions of a certain difficulty level -- rather, what are the topics that are giving YOU the most problems. You'll never get to 700 if you are getting 400-500 level questions in geometry wrong, right? Focus on establishing as strong of a foundation as you can across the breadth of the exam. This includes both quant AND verbal.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you guys. I'd want to talk about the tests i can do in this month. I'm going to register in the official site, so i'll can download 2 tests, right?
What are the best time to do them? Today the first, and the second?

Are there other resources, site or similar, from where i can take other tests?
Send PM
Expert Reply
templeballs wrote:
Thank you guys. I'd want to talk about the tests i can do in this month. I'm going to register in the official site, so i'll can download 2 tests, right?
What are the best time to do them? Today the first, and the second?

Are there other resources, site or similar, from where i can take other tests?

Yes, you can get two exams from mba.com. After that, I think you are likely going to have to move into the 'pay-for-test' market.

Have you decided with certainty when you are going to take the 'actual' test? If so, that should help inform your study plan going forward.

Hope this helps!

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I'll take it on 12th of march! (I hope I'll can receive the score no later than 27th.)
I've finished the OG for the math part and i'm continuing to study on this forum; what do you think? Should I studying here or is it better I study on manhattan books and crack gmat? (I already have that books).

Thank you for the help
Send PM
Expert Reply
templeballs wrote:
Yes, I'll take it on 12th of march! (I hope I'll can receive the score no later than 27th.)
I've finished the OG for the math part and i'm continuing to study on this forum; what do you think? Should I studying here or is it better I study on manhattan books and crack gmat? (I already have that books).

Thank you for the help

So... how did it go? Did you take the test on the 12th? Hope it went well.
Best,
Brian
GMAT Club Bot