Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Aakanksha: Mishra
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
shre2711 wrote:
yuvrajsub wrote:
Found the belw from a previous thread. Scroll down to read the post by str1der. Will hopefully help calm nerves of Indian applicants.

kellogg-northwestern-2013-calling-all-applicants-135309-120.html

Thanks for this! I just got my waiver last night and it really helped to read that post from str1der.

Hi! I too got my waiver last night, (Bangalore, India)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
How is it possible that there is no alumni available to interview other Bangalore based candidates when one of us (DNS123) has been invited to interview?
There definitely seems to be a profile\application related angle to these decisions. DNS123, mind sharing your profile to help us understand our "waived" (mis)fortunes?
PS: Bangalore based, interview waived candidate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
MBAKey wrote:
How is it possible that there is no alumni available to interview other Bangalore based candidates when one of us (DNS123) has been invited to interview?
There definitely seems to be a profile\application related angle to these decisions. DNS123, mind sharing your profile to help us understand our "waived" (mis)fortunes?

Also, I had submitted the application on 3rd Dec (R2 off campus deadline). No clue, why mine was waived.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
akinift wrote:
MBAKey wrote:

Also, I had submitted the application on 3rd Dec (R2 off campus deadline). No clue, why mine was waived.

No point in speculating. Looking at the positive side, if we do get a phone interview invite, we would have a solid chance of getting in. I have been reading through a lot of threads and people do get a phone/skype interview invites after the intial waiver. However, without any sort of interview, it is definitely a ding.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I too got a mail yesterday, with a waiver for off campus interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Interview waived , Delhi. Hope it is not as bad as it sounds
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
MBAKey wrote:

I also do not understand the reason why other Bangalore candidate got their interview waived off while I got the invitation. I got the mail today morning and when I contacted the alumni to schedule my interview, he directly asked me if I can come for it tomorrow before 3pm, on which I told him I can't. Just waiting if he gives me other time slot or not :?

Profile: around 6 years experience, have worked in a fmcg and a Indian based manufacturing company, mainly in factory operations, international exp - 1 year, business travel to around 7-8 countries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
DNS123 wrote:
MBAKey wrote:

I also do not understand the reason why other Bangalore candidate got their interview waived off while I got the invitation. I got the mail today morning and when I contacted the alumni to schedule my interview, he directly asked me if I can come for it tomorrow before 3pm, on which I told him I can't. Just waiting if he gives me other time slot or not :?

Profile: around 6 years experience, have worked in a fmcg and a Indian based manufacturing company, mainly in factory operations, international exp - 1 year, business travel to around 7-8 countries.

Many thanks for sharing. All the best for your interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 1186
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Delhi-based Indian applicant. Got the waiver early this morning.

Anybody has an idea when can we actually hear from them about phone/skype interviews going forward?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
akshaychaturvedi007 wrote:
Delhi-based Indian applicant. Got the waiver early this morning.

Anybody has an idea when can we actually hear from them about phone/skype interviews going forward?

The school website says it can be as close to a week before the final results (link below)

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... qs.aspx#19
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in responding back. I was travelling on work and couldn't get time to respond. I am based out of Gurgaon and received my interview invite on the 30th January. As has been iterated multiple times, I strongly doubt if getting an interview call means anything. So please hang in there fellas :)

Just a brief on my application & profile:

I have applied for Kellogg's 1 year MBA program and had submitted my application on the 6th January. My interview is scheduled for 18th Feb and I'll post a debrief soon thereafter. As for my profile, I am a Management Consultant aligned to Financial Services industry. I have just over 6 years experience in the consulting industry with decent international exposure, having worked with clients across APAC, Africa & Middle East markets.

Good luck all! keep hanging in there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Booth '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Done with the Interview :!: :!:

I dont think that waiver has much to do with the date or strength of the application. I got the interview notification from the Alumni Admissions office and not the MBA admissions office, Kellogg school of management, which had sent the confirmation of the receipt of my application.

So it looks as if there is a separate group that sets up the alumni interviews and its different from the group that reads the applications. In such a scenario there would be little connection between the application and the interview waiver.

Just my 2 cents!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
aceacharya wrote:
Done with the Interview :!: :!:

I dont think that waiver has much to do with the date or strength of the application. I got the interview notification from the Alumni Admissions office and not the MBA admissions office, Kellogg school of management, which had sent the confirmation of the receipt of my application.

So it looks as if there is a separate group that sets up the alumni interviews and its different from the group that reads the applications. In such a scenario there would be little connection between the application and the interview waiver.

Just my 2 cents!!

Thanks a lot for the relevant info that the alumni admissions office and the MBA admissions office are separate. This combined with the fact that the application is not read before the interview is conducted or waived really points in the direction that the waiver is actually due to alumni not being available and is not really a "polite" ding.

I too spoke with a Kellogg alum last night and he too confirmed that an interview waiver is not a ding and that he knows many people who had initial interview waivers, but later on got skype/phone interviews and went on to being admitted by Kellogg. So I not really worried about the interview waiver now. In any case there's not anything much that I can do about it at this point. If I do get an interview call now, it would mean that I'm in serious contention.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
MBAKey wrote:

I suppose that there are only 1 or 2 interviewers available and they are interviewing people who are either not on GMATclub or they haven't reported their calls. So we really have very little clue about the actual no of applicants to Kellogg from Bangalore (or Delhi in my case :) ).

Anyway, all the best and I hope that those of us who got interview waivers get skype/phone interview calls real soon :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
MBAKey wrote:

I suppose that there are only 1 or 2 interviewers available and they are interviewing people who are either not on GMATclub or they haven't reported their calls. So we really have very little clue about the actual no of applicants to Kellogg from Bangalore (or Delhi in my case :) ).

Anyway, all the best and I hope that those of us who got interview waivers get skype/phone interview calls real soon :thumbup:

Got my interview waiver yesterday. However, I talked to my friends in Kellogg who told me that Kellogg interview waiver is not correlated to your application profile evaluation at all. However, fact is that Kellogg will never admit anyone without an interview. So the only strategy is to pray silently for a skype/phone interview.

PS: I requested an off-campus interview in New Delhi.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Hi, are there any Mumbai-based applicants who have received an off-campus interview invite?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
appl14 wrote:
Hi, are there any Mumbai-based applicants who have received an off-campus interview invite?
Thanks!

I did. Received an invite on 1/29. Coordinating an interview slot with the alumnus.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts