Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innoblative Designs at Oregon New Venture Championship

On April 5th, the NUvention startup Innoblative Designs (@innoblative) took the runners-up spot at the Oregon New Venture Championship, as well as won the prize for Best Business Plan, for their technology aiming to improve the treatment of early-stage breast cancer.

Watch their elevator pitch below:

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Breast Cancer, Case Competition, Innovation, NUvention
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Team Fresh Coast Capital Wins at Sustainable Investing Challenge

Congrats to Fresh Coast Capital, who beat 71 teams to win the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge on Friday, April 4th! The team will receive $10,000 for their instrument to remediate brownfields and improve real estate values.

Filed under: Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Brownfields, competition, Investing, Morgan Stanley, Sustainability
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I got admits from both Kellogg and Sloan and am having a really tough time deciding between the two.
My short term goal is to join a top tier strategy consulting firm.

The factors that matter to me are following
1. Brand (specially in India in the longer run)
2. Placement opportunities (specially in strategy consulting)
3. Friendly culture (during the two years at school)
4. Option to pursue dual degree in policy with HKS

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mayank
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Spring at Kellogg

Gorgeous spring day at Kellogg today! Follow us on Instagram for more photos of life at Kellogg. #MyKellogg

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Kellogg, Photography, Spring
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Africa Business Conference: Navigating Africa

On April 12th, the Africa Business Club hosted their fifth Africa Business Conference. With the theme Navigating Africa: A Practical Guide To Doing Business On The Continent, the conference focused on identifying and providing solutions to challenges to conducting business in Africa. Along with a keynote specech from Thomas Konditi, GE Africa CFO, the conference featured panels on topics ranging from Innovation in Modern Day Africa to China Investments in Africa.

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Africa, Africa Business Conference, entrepreneurship, GE, Innovation
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innoblative Wins Women’s Health Prize at Rice Business Plan Competition

On April 12, the NUvention startup Innoblative Designs (@innoblative) won the $20,000 prize in the Women’s Health category at the Rice Business Plan Competition for their technology aiming to improve the treatment of early-stage breast cancer. Congrats!

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: Breast Cancer, competition, Innoblative, Rice Business Plan Competition, Women's Health
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.82
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
212mayank wrote:
Hi Guys,
I got admits from both Kellogg and Sloan and am having a really tough time deciding between the two.
My short term goal is to join a top tier strategy consulting firm.

The factors that matter to me are following
1. Brand (specially in India in the longer run)
2. Placement opportunities (specially in strategy consulting)
3. Friendly culture (during the two years at school)
4. Option to pursue dual degree in policy with HKS

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mayank

Hey Mayank,

Congrats on your acceptances. I can't speak to questions 1 and 4, but here are my thoughts on 2 and 3 (based on a lot of feedback/advice I received from buddies who are MBB recruiters while I was deciding between Kellogg/Booth).

2. Both schools will provide you fantastic opportunities for consulting positions. Kellogg places more students in consulting, but this could easily be a result of more students pursuing consulting positions. I would look at how the two MBA programs are run (e.g. Kellogg is extremely team oriented, Sloan less so) and determine how each school may mitigate a possible "weakness". For example, if you're lacking team experience or leadership experience, Kellogg will provide you with more opportunities to cover these "gaps" in your resume. On the flip side, if you have nothing but team/leadership experience, but are lacking the hard/tech skills, Sloan may be the better option. Not that both schools don't offer these opportunities, but there is a general perception among recruiters of the "type" of students graduating from each. But at the end of the day though, it's really a toss up here.

3. Kellogg, hands down. And by this, I don't mean that there aren't friendly people at Sloan...I've met plenty and they are all great. But Kellogg comes out on top, and perhaps more importantly, the Midwest is MUCH friendlier than Boston. I can't emphasize that enough. No offense to anyone who's from Boston...

Again, I'm a recent admit as well, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Best of luck!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Brave Leader Series: Sister CEOs

Sisters and CEOs Maggie Wilderotter of Frontier Communications and Denise Morrison of Campbell Soup Company spoke with Dean Sally Blount last night as part of the third event of the new Brave Leader Series. Current Kellogg student Daniel Wilderotter ’14 also gave the introduction for his mom and aunt to a packed house of Kellogg students.

Watch clips from last night’s talk.

Filed under: Uncategorized
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: MOSAIC 2014: Your tune My tune Our Song

MOSAIC 2014: Your tune My tune Our song, a celebration of Kellogg’s global diversity, is well under way! Check back here for more photos from this week, and be sure to check out upcoming activities here.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: global, MOSAIC
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Celebrating Kellogg’s Global Diversity

MOSAIC 2014: Your tune My tune Our song, a celebration of Kellogg’s global diversity, is well under way! Check back here for more photos from this week, and be sure to check out upcoming activities here.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: global, MOSAIC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Why is Kellogg's waitlist not moving ahead ? Any idea?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
aviator9999 wrote:
Why is Kellogg's waitlist not moving ahead ? Any idea?

They slightly decreased the size of their class this year, so they are probably waiting for R2 deposit deadlines before moving on waitlists...decreasing class size probably made their pre-existing yield calculations harder to apply this year if I had to guess.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
What's a realistic cost of living for Evanston? I'd put this in the admitted students thread but it's dead in there.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Students Making a Difference in Global Health

As part of the Kellogg Public-Private Initiative, Kellogg faculty are helping broaden MBA students’ access to interdisciplinary, hands-on learning with a positive social impact. One such example is a recent trip to Douentza, Mali that included two Kellogg students and Kellogg professor Juliet Sorensen, along with two students from NU’s Feinberg School of Medicine and two students from NU’s School of Law.

This trip was an integral part of a KPPI 933, a Health and Human Rights class, and their needs assessment of the town of Douentza. By interviewing key community members, the in-country group was able to identify several possible interventions that could help improve health in this developing region. Here is Kellogg MBA student Annie Conderacci’s story, as originally posted on the Northwestern Public Health Review (NPHR) Blog.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: global, Healthcare, KPPI, Mali
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: DAK II 2014

Welcome to Kellogg, admits! We are thrilled to meet you! Share your congrats and your own DAK memories using #DAK14.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: admissions, dak
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN) Visits Tel Aviv

Photo Credit: Paul Epner/SoSa. The KIN Expedition delegation on the rooftop of Tel Aviv incubator SoSa; March 24, 2014.

TEL AVIV, Israel – Israel truly is the “Start-up Nation”, and with numerous partners and alumni, Kellogg is there in a big way. Recently, the school enhanced it engagement with Israel’s world-leading technology ecosystem through a visit from the Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN).

One of the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University’s best kept secrets, the KIN is an invitation-only community of leading innovative thinkers, business leaders and a diverse alumni base from around the world. While its annual KIN Global summit and KIN Catalyst forums continue to accelerate innovation dialogue and action, the KIN also recognized the value of taking the network, also known as KINians, to visit leading ecosystems of innovation and entrepreneurship. Much like Kellogg students do through programs like the Global Initiatives in Management, KIN Expeditions bring lifelong professional development and business impact to the world. Hence, the KIN Expedition series was born.

KIN Expeditions were piloted with a visit to Panama in February 2012, followed by the recent expedition to Israel, March 23-27, 2014. Joining the delegation were Polly Flinn, SVP at Walmart; Phil Kotler, esteemed professor of International Marketing at Kellogg; Gordon Segal; Founder of Crate & Barrel; Kunitake Ando, Honorary Chairman and former President, Sony Corp.; Ben Slivka, technology investor, philanthropist and Northwestern Trustee; along with 30 other business leaders and innovators.

By Rubinstein Felix (Rastaman3000) (Rastaman3000 (talk)) (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons

Defined by a world-class capacity for innovation and focus on R&D, Israel was a natural choice as a destination from which we can learn how to better innovate in our organizations and communities. Delegates were eager to decipher the recipe the “secret sauce” behind the Israeli innovation ecosystem.

Our speakers in Tel Aviv included:

•  Jon Medved (CEO, OurCrowd)
  • Moshe Zviran (Vice Dean, Recanati Business School of Tel Aviv University)
  • Avi Hasson (Chief Scientist, Israel Ministry of Economy)
  • Professor David Zvilichovsky
  • Dani Harari (SVP, Makhteshim Agan Group
  • Efi Cohen-Arazi (CEO, Rainbow Medical)
  • Amir Naiberg (Head of Technology Transfer, Weizmann Institute)
They laid the framework and historical context for how the Israeli innovation ecosystem grew and thrived as a “Start-Up Nation.” Notably, all of these speakers have experience in the government, academia, and the military – with military service being a key factor in building a risk-tolerant, management-capable, technologically adept workforce.

Israel’s youth as a nation and “hostile” regional environment create a sense of urgency to innovate through a range of challenges from security to water. Israel excels in resourcefulness and maximizing talent by fostering relationships between universities, government, and businesses, and enabling individuals to emigrate to fill its most critical talent gaps.

The delegation also explored the start-up scene first hand—first, at Tel Aviv incubator SoSa, the group mingled with technology startups and members of VC firm Pitango, which touted success stories of exits as well as multinational corporate investments in Israeli R&D centers. Secondly, leading startups from Microsoft Ventures also pitched to the group. Finally, the delegation visited Jerusalem Venture Partners, a leading investor of media and cyber-security ventures, meeting entrepreneurs from its top portfolio and actively exploring investment opportunities.

The delegation studied the launch plans for CyberSpark, a cyber-security cluster with academia, military and corporate participants developing in the southern city of Be’er Sheva. In-depth discussions and visits were also held on topics from leading collaborative R&D initiatives from Israel to scaling indigenous companies, with leaders from J&J, Qualcomm, SodaStream, Better Place, General Motors, and others.

By Jfragments (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons

No visit to Israel would be complete without experiencing sites of historical and religious significance. The delegation began with a view from the sky by flying from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem via helicopter, followed by lunch with a visit from Saul Singer, author of Start Up Nation. The group concluded with a generous dinner at KINian Yitz Applbaum’s home in Jerusalem overlooking the Old City. During the dinner, Major General Elazar Stern, Knesset member and a Kellogg-Recanati alumnus, shared his perspective as an Israeli seeking to bring people together to achieve long-term peace and prosperity.

Our KIN Expeditioners returned home with new insights relationships and experiences to accelerate their own contributions in the world. As one Expeditioner commented, “I’ve learned more about how Israel works in three days with the KIN than in all of my other visits combined.”

The KIN Israel Expedition was led by Professor Robert C. Wolcott, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the KIN and Michael J. Lippitz, in collaboration with KINians , Yitz Applbaum, Peter Bryant, Paul Epner, Kelly Quann Bianucci and Ari Garber. Israel & Co. and Dana Klein and Zeev Klein of Landmark Ventures also contributed significantly to the program’s success. For more information about the KIN, including the annual summit KIN Global, visit www.kinglobal.org.

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Innovation, KIN Global, Startup, Tel Aviv
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts