Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the tips guys. I haven't done any PR tests yet, I will do those first. I think I go wrong on SCs which are testing multiple things, like parallelism with subject-verb agreement. Need to be more careful.

Do you also have some tips for AWA.

Thanks again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
*LOL* I'm the wrong person to give tips on AWA, cause I did everything - and I mean everything wrong, and still somehow managed to pull off a 6.0 and I have no clue how.

I mean, I didn't study, I didn't practice, I never did a template, I never read the sample questions, I never even wrote an outline... plus I ran out of time on the first essay halfway through my conclusion and it cut me off mid-sentence. I never even revised either of the essays to so much as check for typos.

Basically I'd be a cautionary tale of what NOT to do on the AWA section... except somehow it worked. Don't copy me, though - I really don't recommend it. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:-D hehe wow !!!!

Coffee lover...... no studies not even a minute spent on AWA and u get a 6.0 !!!!!

that wud be C :-D :-D L if it worked for each and every gmat taker...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i agree with the kaplan. i went from 550ish to 680. if you avg 650+ on kaplan, you have a very good chance of breaking not only 700 but probably 750+.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think the <b>only</b> section that I am good at is SC. I attribute almost all of it to the Manhattan SC review guide. It is a good review and goes through all the topics nicely; among the topics reviewed are subject / verb agreement, verb tense, modifiers, parallelism...and idioms!

Give it a try and good luck!

https://www.manhattangmat.com/StoreItemS ... ?ItemID=18
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
valleyball,

although I took test already, i just barely missed 700+ and I am pondering of trying to break it later in year. Have you used Manhattan guides for math? I used kaplan, but i think I need something more conceptual to truly grasp the concepts. Kaplan seems too gimmicky...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Carloz - I took the class and have all their guides. With a score close to 700, your math ability may be over the topics discussed in the guides; they may be too rudimentary for you. The guides can, however, help you get the basics on specific topics as they do a pretty good job describing the concepts (that is, if you've identified your weakest areas).

I think their challenge problems on their website would be more appropriate for someone with your skill level / score. Not sure if they cost anything though.

Man, I'd be running around the street naked if I got almost a 700! Nice job...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]