Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well take that score to your boss and show him what he'll be missing. Great score, you are certainly going to school somewhere with a 770.

B.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome...Congratulations!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, great job! Congrats on your awesome score!!!

(By the way, I know what you mean about 5 minutes not being long enough to satisfy your bladder needs... especially for us girls, it's really cutting it close. I chose to pee instead of to eat, so I was hungry by the end but at least I was comfortable).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All i can say is i am in awe and inspired as well. I too am in the same situation and really need to get out of my cube. I have been lurking in these forums now for a while and have signed up to take the GMAT. 23 tests in 28 days is uncanny. How did you find the discipline or stamina to do that? I have only taken 4 tests so far and its been 3 months!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score. congratulations.
Were you working while taking this many practise tests in a month? Just amazing.
Will be useful if you can share question pattern you experienced.

Good luck for your app process and as bsmith75 suggested do send a copy of score to your manager :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulation on your terrific score! All the best in your applications.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great Score. Congrats and good luck for the apps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's awesome score dexterslab, Congratulations! :punk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you. With regard to some of the questions-

cofeelover, i agree with you with the 5 minute break it is very short. It is something pople should plan when taking the test. Must take into account 30 seconds each for signing in and signing out of the room. And then i had this bulky backpack that i had difficulty fitting in the locker, so that took me another 60 seconds to unpack and re-pack. Essentially leaving a 3 minute break.
And cofeelover.. a special note of thanks for your write up on your test... i remember reading it and it gave me alot of confidence at a time when i was not feeling too good about my scores from some practice tests.

yes i was working when i was preparing. It was alittle difficult but i just had to give up a few things for a short period. Gave up my daily two hours in the gym, friday night and weekend social events. It wasnt very pleasant but i knew it had to be done.

Most of the practice tests i did on the weekend. I did 4 on the weekends for 3 weeks and 2 on the last weekend so that accounted for 14 tests and the remaining 9 i did during the week. It was very tiring to do tests esspecially after a long day at work. Intially i would write even the essays so itused to take me about 4.5 hours including reviewing my answers. I made it a point to leave work by 5:30 on the days i wanted to write a test. (from 7 to midnight) The last two weeks i did not write the essays so i was able to do more tests.

I would make a note though, that if using practice tests as the main form of preparation it seems to me that a short rapid-fire preparation would be better so that everything remains relatively fresh in your mind.

As far as the question pattern.. both essay topics were interesting and very generic.. can be related to by people from different fields. The Math section, i got a really tough probability question around the 8th one. I spent nearly 10 minutes on it but made sure i got it right. The next 2 were also quite difficult but im sure i got them rght. Then the difficulty level dropped a bit and stayed steady until near the end where i got some tough co-ordinate geometry and a tough combinations problem. I am pretty sure i did not make any mistakes in the math. I guess they have to drop the difficulty level a bit in any case because ETS is unlikely to expect somone to do 37 extremely tough questions in 75 minutes, the same time alloted for say 37 moderate questions.

As for the verbal my first couple were SC's- moderate toughness folowed by some CR and then a relatively simple RC. I got a bold face in my 12th question, (boldfaces are actually quite simple.. just that not many are around in the practice tests). I got some really tough SC but all the RC's and CR were all managable (very similar to the ones in PP and Arco's). I might have made a mistake in one RC main point question but other than that i think all my mistakes in verbal must have come in SC.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts