Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 702 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
PS: Isn't expiring today means it is yet to expire (by midnight maybe) :)
Might have given some SC fundas (process is continuing at present, not yet completed) :)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did mention it that it still hasnt expired yet..but the guy was just being an A-hole...I mean I had a temp ID from DMV...I mean if a cop pulled me over...even the cop/govt would be satisfied with the tempID+my soon to expire ID...

but the thing is I was soo tired..that I just came home and slept for an hr...I was tired so I didnt put much of an argument with the guy...I was thinking I need to save my energy and not get into an argument with the sucker...

I will call GMAC tommorow...see what happens...

duttsit wrote:
PS: Isn't expiring today means it is yet to expire (by midnight maybe) :)
Might have given some SC fundas (process is continuing at present, not yet completed) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey fresinha!! I was really eager hear the news from you! Both of us were taking the test on the same day at the same time! I am really sorry for what had happened. But make use of this time (until you take the test) and try to get much more stronger! Keep the heat on for some more time. Sure you'll come out with flying colors!!

Good Luck!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh Oh!

Godd luck with the new date. Hit the ball hard. you got time to swing the bat.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh! that's unfortunate :shock:
You should call ETS; don't forget to tell ETS about the @#$&% proctor.

Anyway, all the very best for the test!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
crap [#permalink]
Thats not good. I did my test today and i can swear my proctor did not look at the expiry date on my license. Your proctor must have had nothing better to do... what an ass.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe it worked out for the better (since you were tired). Hopefully you can get your money back, reschedule, and get that 700+ soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
Re: Update [#permalink]
fresinha12 wrote:
well you wont believe it...

I went to the test center. made sure I had everything in order...when i went to sign in the, the Proctor...well he noticed my driver licence was expiring today ..10/24/05...and he would'nt let me take the exam...I had a temp id from DMV...which doesnt have a picture on it...and he wouldnt accept that either with my driver lic...A$$Hole!

so now I have to re-schedule with GMAC...I am going to askem to refund my money back..I mean I didnt bring my passport cause...I had a valid ID which I got from the DMV....

but on a lighter note...i could'nt sleep last night..and took nyquil around 5:00am ish..so by the time I got to the test center I was a lill sleepy..so i didnt put up much of an argument and came back....

This is probably a blessing in disguise. You can lose up to 30 IQ points without adequate sleep. You also have some time to study some more before taking it again. So don't sweat it dude - you're probably better off taking it some other time. Just remember to get a good night's sleep the TWO nights before the exam since your body is on a 48 hour cycle!

:sleep
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
Re: Update [#permalink]
Titleist wrote:
This is probably a blessing in disguise. You can lose up to 30 IQ points without adequate sleep. You also have some time to study some more before taking it again. So don't sweat it dude - you're probably better off taking it some other time. Just remember to get a good night's sleep the TWO nights before the exam since your body is on a 48 hour cycle!

:sleep

And maybe, you can also try some of those 'drugs' that someone here suggested :wink: !!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh my. This is rather unheard of. It's good that we now know to be careful about our IDs.

I think not only you should ask them to refund your money, but you could also ask for compensation, especially because your picture ID has not expired on the test day. They should let you take a test for free, at least.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
OK I spoke with GMAC today..they are even bigger A....le than the prometeric test center proctor...basically they said its my responsibility to ensure that I have a valid "Picture ID" with me...

I explained to them the expiration date was 10/24/2005 and they said thats up to the proctor to deicde...he at the end of the day is responsible...and decision maker...

so I am going to find another way to get GMAC to re-imburse me..its called a "call from my lawyer" and well define what "expiration" is is?

HongHu wrote:
Oh my. This is rather unheard of. It's good that we now know to be careful about our IDs.

I think not only you should ask them to refund your money, but you could also ask for compensation, especially because your picture ID has not expired on the test day. They should let you take a test for free, at least.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's ridiculous! All this drama over $250...

Geez...sue those A-holes!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Unbelievable!! How can an expiry date be interpretted in different ways! Its no author's mood in a wierd RC for heaven sakes!!

But think over before you make your next step. More than the 250$, I guess you should not lose focus from your preparation and be unnecessarily dragged into some legal argument!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rahulraao wrote:
Unbelievable!! How can an expiry date be interpretted in different ways! Its no author's mood in a wierd RC for heaven sakes!!

But think over before you make your next step. More than the 250$, I guess you should not lose focus from your preparation and be unnecessarily dragged into some legal argument!!

True, but if you have a significant other or friend that is a lawyer, go to town :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
ValleyBall1 wrote:
rahulraao wrote:

True, but if you have a significant other or friend that is a lawyer, go to town :lol:

Agreed!! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts