Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good job Antmavel! Congratulations! Your persistence and the resulted success is examplary for all of us. Good luck for your next step!

ps say hello to my Chinese fellows at ShenZhen. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
Re: 640 (Q48 V31)...end of a long story [#permalink]
Antonio,

Congratulations. 640 is definitly a respectable score. it can take you any school if you have strength in other aspects such as GPA, essays, strong recommendations etc..

hope to see you arround here.

goodluck to you for your application and admission process..

himalaya
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Your persistance is contagious Antoine. Remember that 640 is better than 80% of testtakers worldwide, that in itself is commendable, especially for someone who has to work full-time. We all appreciate your profound math strategies so please stick around and help the rest of us if you can. About the apps, I sent you a PM. 8-)

Congratulations! :beer :beer
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel,

Congraulations to you for getting 640. This is a respactable score and with some power push in the application you can be competitive. I can understand the dissappointment that you may be experiencing because you could not reach 650 mark. There are many good schools in top 20 that accept student in that GMAT range. I am sure you will find out the right school for you. Put your energy in the applications. Good luck

--Bhai
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Antmavel, Congrats!! From 500 to 640 is truly a terrific effort! Hats-off to your persistence and hard-work. This kind of determination will see you through with success in every walk of life. 640 is a good score. Hope your profile and the application will get you in to a top School!
See you around and keep us all posted on you application and admits!
Good Luck with the next steps!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1448 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:good good luck !!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations, friend!!!
I am inspired by your persistence for continuous improvement. This is what matters at the end.

Best wishes for your apps!!!

Originally posted by duttsit on 18 Nov 2005, 10:41.
Last edited by duttsit on 18 Nov 2005, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hats off to your persistence!

All the best with your apps! :gl
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel,

Sorry I have not been around much in the forum lately. This app season is killing me :( - will be back in full swing when I am done....but I was wondering abt your progress the other day.....u did gr8 frnd....nearly a 100 point increase is not a small feat. 640 is a good score, so if u r apping in Round 2, write those gr8 essays and u will be all set to get into a gr8 school. Remember GMAT is just a mean to an end (MBA) and not an end itself.....I am in the app process now, trust me MBA app is much much more than just GMAT/GPA....clear goals, passion, essays are the key.

Good luck and party for now!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1480 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antoine, 640 is a good score, you raised your score in such a short time :) . All the best to your applications~!!! ^_^ ...if I have time, I'd love to drop by Shenzhen soon :wink: ..or you can come to Guangzhou, I'll make you feel homely ^_~
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you guys

thanks for your support and your help during all the time I studied the GMAT.

I need now to select several schools and apply.
I admit that my target score was 660 but with 640 it's just not enough for the best universities and at the same time I would like to get soemthing quite high too :? is top 10 too tight with 640 ...

I am french, caucasian
27 years old when i will enter the MBA (2006)
Born and lived in Africa for 15 years (Cameroon 7 + Ivory Coast 8)
International Busines School in Paris for 4 years with 1.5 year internship (Spain + France + USA)
3 years of experience in China (Sales Manager for a manufactruing company, my sales account are Philips, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Valeo, ...)

Gmat results :
550 (Q39 V27) in Sept 04
500 (Q38 V23) in Nov 04
620 (Q48 V27) in Sept 05
640 (Q48 V31) in Nov 05

Toefl : 270
GPA : 3

I want to target as high as i can
I am not interested by Marketing but except that any other general MBA or Finance MBA would be interesting for me. Which schools could I target in Round 2 ?
I've asked Admissions.com in the forum but I really wanted the advices of Gmatclub memebers :P :wink:
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
LBS has asked us if we would like to send out an information package to any acquaintance for the program. If you would like, I could have them send you a package for the masters in finance which is a 1 year program with a focus, obviously, in finance. My roommate got in with a 640 GMAT so do not worry too much if the rest of your application is fine. Furthermore, we can also meet when you'll be back to Paris for your xmas holidays. We can then talk about the program at length.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
LBS has asked us if we would like to send out an information package to any acquaintance for the program. If you would like, I could have them send you a package for the masters in finance which is a 1 year program with a focus, obviously, in finance. My roommate got in with a 640 GMAT so do not worry too much if the rest of your application is fine. Furthermore, we can also meet when you'll be back to Paris for your xmas holidays. We can then talk about the program at length.

paul is a real ambassdor (LBS). more than that he is always willing to support/help people arround him.

you are really nice and gr8, paul. you will sucess in every aspects of life.

wish you all the best to you to paul at LBS.

himalaya..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Antoine for this steep increase !

As we already discussed you do not have to worry too much about this gmat thing, your profile is really intl and bschools appreciate that.
Just work hard your essays : in retrospect I spent 9 months of my life on the gmat, whereas it took me "only" 2 months to complete two application forms.
The end of the story is Ok as I am in at my 1st pick but if I were not, I probably would have been sorry that I spent a so unbalanced part of my time on the most important point of the apps.
About the choice of schools which fit your ambition I do think it is something really personal and it does not have to be altered by gmat in any way (unless the score is out of range which is not your case).

Keep posting!

Take care.

F
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck Antmavel. I wish you the better in your application time. I have a question for you. How long and how difficult did you find RC in the actual test??

Regards,

automan
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
automan wrote:
Good luck Antmavel. I wish you the better in your application time. I have a question for you. How long and how difficult did you find RC in the actual test??

Regards,

automan

PM me if you want more details but, for the record, RC was definitely doable.
4 total Rc's
2 very long + 2 very short
I would say that 1 was really hard but the others were definitely easy to get

by the way, I am not sure if all of you are aware of this, but some people got 5 RC' during their test :idea:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Antmavel,

Congratulations!!! :woohoo
i am happy to learn about your gmat score. 640 is a good score. i wish your application with top business School will be a sucess.

stay around and keep informed about the development in your side.

Good Luck to u..
MA
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts