Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1013 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1013 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Many thanks!
Is the computer test interface similiar to the powerprep cat that we can download from internet?

As you may know, the interface color and other features of the summer test powerprep cat is quite different from the classic interface used by ETS. So I am wondering what is the situation of real test.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
interface [#permalink]
The interface was not much more different. A little more sleek and modern looking. The timer displayed seconds at all times, instead of just during the last few minutes. And when you confirm your answer a pop-up appears in the middle of the screen after each answer you choose. There is no 'confirm' button at the bottom of the screen like in the ETS interface.

The differences in the interface are nothing to worry about. But, you should get used to using a whiteboard and marker...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: interface [#permalink]
ajr47 wrote:
The timer displayed seconds at all times, instead of just during the last few minutes.

That is really distracting! My attention may be drawn to the timer from time to time. As time gets close to the end, I may become increasingly nervous! :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
hello ajr47,

please explain what this Pearson VUE test is about. Is it a trial test or something?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pearson VUE will be the new provider for the GMAT starting [#permalink]
from 2006 and you can sign up this summer to take a free GMAT through them at various locations throughout the world. They are running this limited summer test to get feedback on their service. The score I got is valid and I can send reports to different universities for free. I just have to fill out a survey about my testing experience with them by a certain time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
look and feel of the PEARSON VUE tests [#permalink]
Kudos
You can download the new 'GMATprep' for the PEARSON VUE tests from the link below. The program itself is a bit heavy on the memory of your computer, so better run this one solely without running another program, unless you have over 1GB RAM.

GMATprepdownload

The questions are different from Powerprep materials, but if you're already done with papertests, you will see quite a number of overlapping questions. Also, it seems to be a beta version of the software, so you won't see any explanations to the CAT during review, just the answers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
ajr47:

Congratulations and good luck with your application.

During the test, the proctor gave you only two white boards and you needed to raise your hand to get more. Did the proctor replace your used boards, or did he give the new ones that kept added to the used ones until you finish the test?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
As for AWA, if I do not proceed to the next section before time is up, can the system automatically save what I have written on the screen?

Many thanks for your answer!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3462 [1]
Send PM
Re: Pearson VUE will be the new provider for the GMAT starti [#permalink]
Kudos
ajr47 wrote:
from 2006 and you can sign up this summer to take a free GMAT through them at various locations throughout the world. They are running this limited summer test to get feedback on their service. The score I got is valid and I can send reports to different universities for free. I just have to fill out a survey about my testing experience with them by a certain time.

How can you sign up for this.
-n
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Pearson Calibration [#permalink]
Kudos
Congrats on the score!

i am curious to know if Pearson is calibrating correctly. You scored a:

Q47 - 81%
V40 - 91%

710 - 94%

good score no doubt but with a Q47 and V40 I would expect that to map closer to 730 than 710. I am basing this off of other people's breakdowns and what they got. any thoughts on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Regarding the Pearson VUE change...

Are there any LEFTY beta-testers here who can comment on their experience w/the markers & "erasable boards"? IE, any excessive smudging or smearing from hand drag?

To be PC, I suppose this question is also directed to any righties who write right-to-left. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys,

Managed to speak with a person from the Pearson testing center here in Singapore. She claims that the two-board rule is open to reconsideration, given the during beta testing, alot of candidates complained of the inconvenience of asking for more boards. They're reviewing the final number of boards to be given.

I've taken the Gmat before and plan to retake it this january. given my experience with the quant section and factoring in the thicker marker, i would say i would need around 5-10 boards for the entire section...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Can any of you guys confirm if the test score is being re-calibrated or is it using the same standards as ETS?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
hey any one here know about free gmat test in india... plz help me out
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Pearson VUE will be the new provider for the GMAT starti [#permalink]
Kudos
ajr47 wrote:

Hi
Can u tell me how you registered for a free GMAT Test, can u send the link?
Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [1]
Send PM
Re: 710 Q47 V40 - Pearson Vue [#permalink]
Kudos
ajr47 wrote:
Arggh! I took the test yesterday here in Korea at the Pearson VUE center. The test was free, but I'm kind of frustrated with the score. I'm still debating whether or not I should retake it.

Here is the breakdown:

Q47 - 81%
V40 - 91%

710 - 94%

I guess I should be happy with the score, but from the practice tests and studying that I did I was pretty confident that I would get between 730 and 750.

I am having exactly the same feeling here. I expected to have scored higher than 710(94%), 51(99%), 34(71%). and it is also enough for my program. but well, that may just be it, since it is just a score for application, not the real thing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Super awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts