Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I have been waiting for Skype call. It's half and hour pass the registered time. Is it possible to be delayed? I'm very nervous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
supreya wrote:
I have been waiting for Skype call. It's half and hour pass the registered time. Is it possible to be delayed? I'm very nervous.

Hey supreya,

Did you check the exact time what IST time corresponds to the PDT time you selected. There has been a DST change on November 1st. So everything is delayed by an hour in the IST time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Retail)
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:
supreya wrote:

Hey supreya,

Did you check the exact time what IST time corresponds to the PDT time you selected. There has been a DST change on November 1st. So everything is delayed by an hour in the IST time.

Did not know this. Had to wait for an hour. I googled "Current time in LA" and when it came an hour later I thought I had botched up before.

Anyway the interview was very casual.

1. Take me thorough your resume.
2. One achievement from the Resume.
3. Why MBA?
4. Why UCLA?
5. LT and ST goals.
6. Example of convincing others
7. Example of team work.
8. Any Questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Any chances of people still getting invited in India ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just had my interviews. As others have said, it was largely conversational, especially towards the end when you get to ask questions.

1) Walk me through your resume
2) Why MBA?
3) When you enter a new team to be a teammate/leader, how do you go about it? Give example
4) If your manager strongly opposes you and things aren't going your way, what do you do? Give example
5) If there is one selling point that you have and can differentiate you from other, use that to sell yourself in 2 mins and present a strong case to the adcom.
6) If you have one weakness that gives a chance to the adcom to reject you, what is it and what have you done to mitigate it?
7) Any questions

Lasted about 30 mins.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all! Current 1st year student here as well to help you guys with your questions.
My congratulations to those who have been invited to interview and good luck and patience to those who are still waiting. Last year I got my interview invite in the last waive of invitations.
Please remember to smile :-D during the interview and keep eye contact with interviewer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
PTK wrote:
Hi all! Current 1st year student here as well to help you guys with your questions.
My congratulations to those who have been invited to interview and good luck and patience to those who are still waiting. Last year I got my interview invite in the last waive of invitations.
Please remember to smile :-D during the interview and keep eye contact with interviewer.

Hi PTK:

Thanks for being a source of support! I applied at the end of Sept and have not received an interview yet, so naturally I am a bit nervous.

Do you remember what month you received your invitation, and approx. when it took place?

I thought I had read somewhere that the interviews would basically be finished by mid-Nov for UCLA, but I don't know if that is necessarily true.

Many thanks for your assistance, and for checking in with all of us applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday, it was really laid back and I felt really comfortable.

Questions:
Tell me briefly about your resume and why did you get to think about business school.
Specific things you want to get from the Mba and why Anderson.
Short and long term goals
A time when you convinced a group of people.
Your strenght when working in a team and an example.
Any questions for me?

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
I haven't received the interview invitation from Anderson until today. Indonesian, submitted R1 app on Oct 5th. Is it time waive the white flag already? :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
cubemaster wrote:
I haven't received the interview invitation from Anderson until today. Indonesian, submitted R1 app on Oct 5th. Is it time waive the white flag already? :(

From my observation and the last update email from the admission team, the last majority of invites are going to take place this week, so I believe that if dont get invited after this week then we should prepare for the worst and just move on, no point on getting anxious on something out of our control, would just stress you out bro :oops:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tompsom wrote:
cubemaster wrote:

From my observation and the last update email from the admission team, the last majority of invites are going to take place this week, so I believe that if dont get invited after this week then we should prepare for the worst and just move on, no point on getting anxious on something out of our control, would just stress you out bro :oops:

There are few slots left as well. Sit tight till the end of the week.

Originally posted by anubhavmax on 09 Nov 2015, 21:48.
Last edited by anubhavmax on 11 Nov 2015, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
Tompsom wrote:
cubemaster wrote:

There are around 30-35 skype slots left and similar number of on-campus slots left as well. Sit tight till the end of the week.

Thanks a lot etch1516 for the info. Some respite for torrid souls like us! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
Tompsom wrote:
cubemaster wrote:

There are around 30-35 skype slots left and similar number of on-campus slots left as well. Sit tight till the end of the week.

Really hope it's true
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
WalterT wrote:
etch1516 wrote:
Tompsom wrote:

Really hope it's true

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Let's hope for the best everyone! May the force be with you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
On the application page, the status of my official degree and transcripts is now "Green"!

Can't wait for December 15th!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
On the application page, the status of my official degree and transcripts is now "Green"!

Can't wait for December 15th!

Same here.. It's all ticked now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Public Relations (Other)
Send PM
HI All,

I had my interview on campus a few weeks ago and wanted to share -

My questions were exactly like what Intraban got - pretty standard with examples of team work and convincing someone to do something.

My interviewer was friendly and casual, though he and I had two very different backgrounds. I thought I rambled a bit :/... hope that wasn't a deal breaker. He asked me questions for 15 min. and I asked him questions for 15 min. Though I had some more questions.

It was pleasant overall. I did email him about a follow up question, and he never got back to me so I hope that's not a bad sign.

To those still waiting, good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts