Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.42
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I'm in!!!!!
Got the news yesterday from Dimitra with a 20k scholarship.
Applied: 11/1 (R2 deadline)
Interview: 1/2
Admitted: 3/2
So excited to start meeting everybody :-D
Thanks a lot for all the advice
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I'm seeing a lot of R2 applicants that have started receiving interview calls. I'm starting to get a bit nervous now since I haven't received a call yet.. Given that the R2 admission decision date is 26 Feb 2016, does anyone know approximately up to which date can they possibly send out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi All.
Since Ive been reading these forums to get info on timing, I thought I should contribute.

I submitted on Jan 10th, 2016.
Got an invite to interview today: 4 Feb 2016
Interview scheduled for 11th of Feb.

The rest is yet to occur.

Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
krishank1808 wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of R2 applicants that have started receiving interview calls. I'm starting to get a bit nervous now since I haven't received a call yet.. Given that the R2 admission decision date is 26 Feb 2016, does anyone know approximately up to which date can they possibly send out interview invites?

same here man even m feeling nervous now....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Guys, I am in the same boat. Was quite confident of my profile and sure of an interview invite atleast. However, it now seems can't be sure of anything. Just to check have everybody sent their original transcripts to Rotman at the time of application submission. Am I missing something??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sushmalhotra wrote:
Guys, I am in the same boat. Was quite confident of my profile and sure of an interview invite atleast. However, it now seems can't be sure of anything. Just to check have everybody sent their original transcripts to Rotman at the time of application submission. Am I missing something??

yup i did they received it yesrterday
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have a few questions :

1) Rotman is ranked #1 in Canada, but 60 globally (per FT). Does anyone know the reason for this? I would think a #1 school in a country would have a higher rank. It is surprising that even schools like Bocconi (Italy) are ranked above Rotman.

2) Does Rotman allow for deferring admission to next year?

3) Will I get a 3 year work permit upon graduation?

4) What is the visa process like after graduation , to obtaining PR and then a Canadian passport?

5) Is it easy to get a job even in US after obtaining a Canadian passport?

Would appreciate some inputs .

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
divs173 wrote:
I have a few questions :

1) Rotman is ranked #1 in Canada, but 60 globally (per FT). Does anyone know the reason for this? I would think a #1 school in a country would have a higher rank. It is surprising that even schools like Bocconi (Italy) are ranked above Rotman.

4) What is the visa process like after graduation , to obtaining PR and then a Canadian passport?

Thank you.

+1 - Same queries
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [3]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
itsaizy wrote:
divs173 wrote:
I have a few questions :

Various factors could affect ranking i.e. how long Rotman has participated in the surveys and class size. Personally I don't place too much emphasis on global ranking but rather on how the school is ranked within the country its in as my objective is to work and settle in that country after my MBA.

I think one can defer, but it is at the discretion of the admissions committee and you need to have paid the CAD$5000 acceptance fee

Yes u will

The work permit obtainedd after graduation is open so after a year of working you can apply for PR status. The new citizenship rules require you to have been resident in Canada for 4 out of the last 6 years from the date of application so you can apply for citizenship 4 years after you get your PR

A Canadian passport will open a lot of doors and I believe you can work any where in the world as long as you meet the employer's requirements but you will still have to apply for and get a work permit

Thank you.

+1 - Same queries
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
sushmalhotra wrote:

i m in the same boat and i havent sent official transcripts...n i asked lynda about it... she said they will review applications with unofficial transcripts
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
minion wrote:
sushmalhotra wrote:

i m in the same boat and i havent sent official transcripts...n i asked lynda about it... she said they will review applications with unofficial transcripts

same here..Lynda said the same to me that official transcripts can be sent once an admission is offered. Also, last week when I had checked with her about my app status, she said it is yet to get reviewed and that there are quite a few pending! So, hang in there guys..

Rotman is usually quick once the interview is over. So even though the final date for R2 is Feb 26, do not lose hope till the end!! :)

All the Best!! :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
divs173 wrote:
I have a few questions :

Thank you.

1) Rotman is ranked #1 in Canada, but 60 globally (per FT). Does anyone know the reason for this? I would think a #1 school in a country would have a higher rank. It is surprising that even schools like Bocconi (Italy) are ranked above Rotman. - The FT rankings are very biased and favor American and European universities, some average European universities such as Cranfield School of Management and Manchester Business School are ranked above Rotman. I have previously attended Warwick Business School for my masters in Finance and from what I have seen so far from my research Rotman is miles ahead when it comes to the MBA (even though Warwick is ranked higher).

2) Does Rotman allow for deferring admission to next year? - I am not sure about this, I would be very surprised if they did not allow it.

3) Will I get a 3 year work permit upon graduation? - Yes, it is stated on the Rotman website and immigration Canada website that any student enrolled on a 2 year (or longer) programme is eligible for a 3 year work permit.

4) What is the visa process like after graduation , to obtaining PR and then a Canadian passport? - After obtaining the 3 year Canadian work permit on graduation and working for one year in Canada you can apply for express entry permanent residency (if not successful first time can apply again the following year).

5) Is it easy to get a job even in US after obtaining a Canadian passport? - I think that there is some agreement for the freedom of movement of workers under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which the US, Canada and Mexico are party to, but there may be some restrictions for certain industries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi All,

Any new interview invites for R2 applicants?

Thanks,
Ak
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Tired of waiting for the results. I had written to Lynda last week, she replied- that there are still few weeks to deadline. Kindly wait :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Oh, alright.
Even I was thinking of dropping an email. Wait is the only option now. Good luck!

-Ak
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
divs173 wrote:
I have a few questions :

Thank you.

Admitted student here (class of 2018), thought I'd chip in.

1) A key reason why Rotman's ranking fell this year is the weak CAD. Most rankings (FT included) give heavy weightage to the post-MBA salary, but those figures are equalized in USD for facilitating comparison. This is why we see schools like IIM-A with a mind-boggling average salary of $174,274 (as per FT), which is obviously not the case in reality. To cut to the chase, it's better not to rely too much on rankings and focus on other tangible aspects of the schools. Rotman is by far the best b-school in Canada with a fantastic faculty and resources. Not to mention that being part of UofT has its own benefits.

2) No, Rotman does not allow deferral of admission. We have an accepted student in the current batch who was accepted last year also, but couldn't join due to visa issues. Her admission was not deferred so she is joining this year. This year also requests for deferral have been denied.

3) Yes you will.

4) Someone above has answered this question very well, nothing to add here.

5) It's relatively easier in work visa terms. I can't recall the exact details at the moment, but Canadian citizens can work in the US based on a visa category that does not permit applying for a green card, unlike the H1B. As for getting a job itself in the US, that is entirely up to your experience, capabilities and networking. Being a Canadian citizen won't make much of a difference there.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Just got interviewed by Dimitra. Went very conversational and interesting. Fingers crossed for my results. Will get to hear in a week hopefully.

My timeline.
Round 2
Applied Dec 28
Interview Invite Feb 01
Interview Date Feb 08 via Skype

Soofi
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts