Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oops! I just noticed I had a typing error in my last post...I said just "find," instead of fine!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aprildawn wrote:
mba2gb,

Thanks so much for you reply. I understand that people will have different perceptions and what not, but one of the main reasons I'd like to take a course is partially for the discipline, and to have that systemic approach, kind of "forcing" me to study and keep to a schedule. I am leaning toward the MGMAT live online, I've just read so many good things about them.

Now I just have to juggle this on top of my 10-12 hour work days! I haven't officially starting studying yet, but I wanted to get started in a prep course as soon as possible because of what I mentioned above. I also know a course alone won't get me there, but I think it will deifinitely help. Thanks again!

Last question, I have the OG 10th ed. Do I need to get the 11th ed, or will the 10th ed. work just find?

If you sign up with MGMAT, they bundle their 9 strategy guides and the 11th ed OG in the 9 week pacakge. So you do not need to purchase another copy by yourself. That's what I read on their website. You can always give them a call, or drop them an email if you want to be absolutely clear.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
A response from GMAX Online [#permalink]
Dear Aprildawn,
One of the major advantages of GMAX Online is the number of hours of actual teaching in the course - there are 30 lessons that should take most students at least 67 hours to complete the first time. Also, you can take the course 3 times without paying more. In addition, there is absolutely no time limit for the course, and it is available whenever you llike - no schedule to adhere to. If you like a personal touch, our teachers are available for very inexpensive private lessons at your convenience.
When you take the GMAX Online course, you receive a set of downloads to print, as well as 3 CAT tests from Upstart Raising and the entire set of 25 challenge tests from the GMAT Club as additional material.
Read the entry in one of the forums here that starts "thank you GMAT Club" in which a student took our course and shot up from 540 to 750!!
The reason you are reading so many good reviews of our course is that it is excellent.
Can I say more?
Regards and happy studying.
Leanna
Director, GMAX
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Your thoughts please-Manhattan Live online OR GMAX onlin [#permalink]
aprildawn wrote:
Hello,

I've decided that I want to take a prep course as part of my GMAT preparation. I also think an online type would suit me better because I travel for work frequently.

I can't decided between the Manhattan GMAT Live online, or GMAX online. I've read several good reviews about GMAX, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Manhattan Live online? Supposedly, you watch 9 lectures, just like the regular in-person course, and if you miss it, you have the video available to you to make up. I'd just like anyone's feedback or comments on the MGMAT online because I haven't seen any. Your insight is much appreciated! Thanks.

Also, for GMAX, I understand it's self-pace, but what is the "typical" length to complete all the classes, and how is homework assigned?

Thanks.

Since you asked about MGMAT's online course, I'll give you my feedback on that. I thought their course was excellent. I'm sure GMAX is just as good, but I have no experience to back that up.

I've also taken both Kaplan's and Princeton's traditional classroom courses, got their study guides etc, and still feel I got a superior learning experience from MGMAT's online course.

One big benefit to MGMAT's online courses are the teachers go over strategies not in their guides (and frankly not in any Kaplan, Princeton, or ETS guides I have). While none of these may increase your score by 200 points (i.e. from 530 to 730), I found out they made a measurable increase in my scores as well as reduced my study time.

Another benefit is all MGMAT classess are recorded and reviewable 3 months after the course ends. I don't know about you, but things really sink in when I take good notes and being able to review a class really reinforces what I need. Also, reviewing previous classes helps me shore up weak areas I've identified with my error log.

Hope that helps and feel free to shoot any questions to me. By the way, I'm just a past student of MGMAT, not a teacher, director, or any connected role like that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Your thoughts please-Manhattan Live online OR GMAX online [#permalink]
T.I.M.E is Best GMAT Online Coaching, Traing Institue in India. T.I.M.E. Online GMAT program is comprehensive with 40 sessions and gives adequate focus to all the test areas. Students can also book individual counseling and doubt clearing sessions. Our material focus is with Indian students in mind as we know where they are weak and where they are strong. Indians tend to do well in Quant so the expectations are high. To reiterate, our material focuses more on DS and areas in Verbal as many Indians find difficulty in handling these areas. visit the for more information to the official website
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Assuming that you are targeting a 700+ score, would suggest you not to join any course till you score 620+ doing self study. This way you will get maximum score gain. If history is any indication, MGMAT is a better choice for high scorers. However if you are tight on cash you can skip classroom altogether. Instead buy the books, do self study and post on this forum when you are stuck.
GMAT Club Bot