Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [962]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [11]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [5]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Practice Tests - [Overview GMAT Focus Tests] [#permalink]
Kudos
cedric63 wrote:
Thanks for the post BB!

For the MGMAT CATs, is it 1 free test then 5 additional you can purchase for a total of 6 CATs? Or is it 1 free test and 6 additional that can be purchased? I ask this because I created an account on MGMAT to do the free test and noticed 5 tests that can be unlocked for a price.

Cheers.

There are 6 CATs in total.
You can receive 1 free test just by signing up. You now get 1 test per book you purchase from them. This is why if you buy the book bundle, you receive all 6 CAT's (including 1 free one)
Like you mentioned, you can also unlock the CAT's by simply purchasing them.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Kurai wrote:
cedric63 wrote:
Thanks for the post BB!

For the MGMAT CATs, is it 1 free test then 5 additional you can purchase for a total of 6 CATs? Or is it 1 free test and 6 additional that can be purchased? I ask this because I created an account on MGMAT to do the free test and noticed 5 tests that can be unlocked for a price.

Cheers.

There are 6 CATs in total.
You can receive 1 free test just by signing up. You now get 1 test per book you purchase from them. This is why if you buy the book bundle, you receive all 6 CAT's (including 1 free one)
Like you mentioned, you can also unlock the CAT's by simply purchasing them.

Thank you Guys! I will clarify this point in the first post/description.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Great post!
I am slight confused. I would like to start with mock test by purchasing tests from one source in the beginning!
I am confused between mgmat veritas and Kaplan! Which one would you be able to suggest from these?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Zubin
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
zubin_b@hotmail.com wrote:
Great post!
I am slight confused. I would like to start with mock test by purchasing tests from one source in the beginning!
I am confused between mgmat veritas and Kaplan! Which one would you be able to suggest from these?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Zubin

I don't think it matters all that much. What what you can get conveniently/fast enough.
Kaplan tests come included with a book and Veritas Prep ones you can buy stand-alone (sometimes at a discount) or bundled with Premium Membershp or their course. MGMAT come with the book bundle.

P.S. As Mo2men pointed out, MGMAT and Veritas Prep are probably some of the most updated/polished products.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi guys,

I am going to take the GMAT in one month so I need to buy additional CAT tests. I've already taken the two free officials and the last one was from Veritas. I scored 680, 690, 690. I don't really need to know in a very accurate way my current level rather have the best chances to score as high as possible on the actual day. I need 3 tests (one by week) so I was wondering whether I should buy the 6 from Veritas (for something like 20$ they are currently discounted) or 2 from GMATPrep and take the free one from Manhattan.
What's the best option ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.1
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
floprg wrote:
Hi guys,

I am going to take the GMAT in one month so I need to buy additional CAT tests. I've already taken the two free officials and the last one was from Veritas. I scored 680, 690, 690. I don't really need to know in a very accurate way my current level rather have the best chances to score as high as possible on the actual day. I need 3 tests (one by week) so I was wondering whether I should buy the 6 from Veritas (for something like 20$ they are currently discounted) or 2 from GMATPrep and take the free one from Manhattan.
What's the best option ?

Hi floprg
The best predictor would be GMAT Prep. Veritas and MGMAT may unsettle you. GMATPrep would be the closest you can get to an actual exam.
Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [6]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi bb, Thank you very much!

Many people claimed that Kaplan used to upset them by low score, but as you pointed out, Kaplan changed the algorithm several years ago so the score would go up. But do you think that the score in Kaplan cat goes up too much?
I just took the test and got 730 (Q51, V39) - a bit too high (verbal) compared to my expectation.
all: anybody recently took the test and shared the same concern? (I exhausted all 6 GMATPREP tests so I really need to rely on other sources to track my progress)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1323
GMAT 1: 490 Q41 V18
GMAT 2: 610 Q45 V28
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Hi, thanks for the helpful post. I had a query. Does the 3 month access option of gmatclub include 7 veritasprep tests?

Cheers.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ranaazad wrote:
Hi, thanks for the helpful post. I had a query. Does the 3 month access option of gmatclub include 7 veritasprep tests?

Cheers.

You can get 7 Veritas Prep tests free if you purchase Premium Membership. The link above will give you an option to add it to one of the test packages or you can buy it here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/premium?fl=menu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Hi expert bb, could you please give some advices on what next steps should be taken..

For the past 1 month, I have taken 5 tests (2 from GMAT Prep and 3 from MCAT), and I could see some clear differences between CATs of these 2 providers.
Regarding Verbal, I got the same and higher scores in MCATs as/than in GMAT Prep. This surprised me, because in GMAT Prep CAT, I countered some Verbal questions that are similar to ones I had attempted in GMAT Club, while I nearly never ever faced with any Verbal questions in MCATs before.
When it comes to Quant, I'm really shocked when my scores in MCATs are much lower than those in GMAT Prep. I got Q50 in both GMAT Prep CATs, but only Q47 and Q45 in MCAT. In the 2nd GMAT Prep CAT, I even had approximately 15 minutes remained.

What are proper conclusion(s) should I draw from the above data?
Are those Verbal scores of MCAT reliable? Or just because MCAT Verbal might be a little bit easier?
I used to hear about the difficulty level of MCAT Quant before but didn't expect that much. Do you think that gap in Quant scores really matters?

I have 1 month left until the real exam. What should I do now?

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6116 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Kudos
Lucy Phuong wrote:
Hi expert bb, could you please give some advices on what next steps should be taken..

For the past 1 month, I have taken 5 tests (2 from GMAT Prep and 3 from MCAT), and I could see some clear differences between CATs of these 2 providers.
Regarding Verbal, I got 1 same and 1 higher score in MCATs as/than in GMAT Prep. This surprised me, because in GMAT Prep CAT, I countered some Verbal questions that are similar to ones I had attempted in GMAT Club, while I nearly never ever faced with any Verbal questions in MCATs before.
When it comes to Quant, I'm really shocked when my scores in MCATs are much lower than those in GMAT Prep. I got Q50 in both GMAT Prep CATs, but only Q47 and Q45 in MCAT. In the 2nd GMAT Prep CAT, I even had approximately 15 minutes remained.

What are proper conclusion(s) should I draw from the above data?
Are those Verbal scores of MCAT reliable? Or just because MCAT Verbal might be a little bit easier?
I used to hear about the difficulty level of MCAT Quant before but didn't expect that much. Do you think that gap in Quant scores really matters?

I have 1 month left until the real exam. What should I do now?

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

MGMAT quant questions are much harder than GMATPrep quant questions. You should expect Q50 in the real test.

About the difference in your Verbal, you can't conclude that MGMAT verbal questions are easier than GMATPrep Verbal questions. In fact, there are many factors that effect your score, and the difficult level of questions is just one of these factors. However, MGMAT and GMATPrep are two best tools to estimate score at the moment. Hence, based on your score on MGMAT, you should expect a overall score with +/-30 in the real test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Took my first Veritas CAT today and scored a 630 Q40V30.

This is my first CAT and took it after brushing up fundamentals in GMAT club grammar book and math book. This is the first time I opened a book after 7.5 years to read something.

I also tried some timed questions in forum and answered awfully, before taking the test. I am now unsure of whether this score is a decent indicator, since I expected a very bad score. I intend to plan my study schedule and I am confused whether I should consider this result as the platform to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Experts, pl help.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3801 [4]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos