Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !!!!! :cool Great Score !!! do write about your prepration & experience . Any piece of advice will be an icing over the cake :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GREAT score! Congratulations, friend~ ^_^
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
partytime dude :banana my hearty congratulatons to you
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulation ceo! All the best for your applications.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations dude.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everybody!

Overall, my test experience was good. Before the test, I did go to the test center and made sure that I know how to get there and get myself familiar with the place. My test was scheduled at 9:00am in the morning, but I went there before 8:30am to make sure I did not need to hurry. I would advice that people do that for their test day. There was no story to tell at all for AWA. For the math, I did not feel initially that the questions were hard. But starting Q 10, the question did get harder and I guessed on one question. Overall math was not too bad for me. But I did not control timing well on Verbal, with 10 questions left I had only about 15 ~ 16 minutes. I also had my last RC in these 10 questions, and the RC was a very long one, the longest of all the RCs I had (4 RCs total). So I had to hit the choice I felt was right and go. Hopefully somebody can learn my lesson.

Prep: I went through the PR, Kaplan 2006 Premier edition and OG 11th edition. The most helpful one for me was OG (Verbal portion). I also downloaded the 1000 SC and 1000 CR. I went through half of the 1000 SC and the GMAT portion of the 100CR. I did see my hit rate improve with the 1000SC and 1000 CR. I do encourage people to at least go through some of the 1000 questions. For math, I did not do too much OG questions (randomly picked 30 questions or so in the later half), but I went through GMATPrep several times to get myself familiar with the question types. I feel that GMATPrep math helped a lot. PowerPrep was good too. I did them very early in the process and scored poorly (640 and 660), but it helped me identify my weak areas. My scores with GMATPrep (the first two times) were 680 and 720. So I guess I already saw the final score before the real test. :)

Hope this can help somebody for their test prep -- that would make me feel great.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats for your gr8 score on g-day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Question on verbal prep [#permalink]
Hi ceo,

What was ur verbal score at the start of the preparation? I am currently comfortable in Q and I am in the same range as urs. around 49 or 48. But my verbal stays around 30 to 32 and I am finding it hard to improve. I have started solving questions from 1000SC, 1000CR and 1000RC. My weak areas are RC and CR. I am hitting a strike rate of 75% in SC. But only 50% in RC and CR. Can you give me some tips. I have a month of prep time left.

Thanks,
yessuresh
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fantastic :good

Congratulations friend. I wish your name comes true :)

:woohoo
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts