Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey man ... dont give up im sure you can break that 700 with a few more weeks of work. good job on the AWA !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
YOu can definitely improve your Math score.
With only 2 weeks preparation, you have achieved so much. I'm sure you'll do much better with a little more practise.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks I definately will.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
You know man, with only 2 weeks of study, a 650 is pretty amazing.

I've been studying for over two months, probably about 100 hours, and I got a 640.

Put it in perspective.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
650 by two weeks of study, That's a magic . I would advice you to take at least a month of preparation before your next GMAT. I am sure you all do much better this time. Can you share the level of difficulity of QS compare to OG11? Thanks.

Ma466
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
"Can you share the level of difficulity of QS compare to OG11?" - I do not know what QS and OG11 are. Can you translate this for me into non-GMAT speak. Kaplan practice seemed easier than Powerprep. I did better on the powerprep than on the real test, but I think that was just timing on the Quant. I didn't finish the last 7 questions on the real quant and had to random anwser. But all the same I do feel that the Powerprep was quite equal to the real GMAT. I went to Tufts U undergrad and scored a 1420 on the SAT without any study. Generally I pull 92% on things... so my 84% overall wasn't really that satisfactory to me. It is encouraging though that you all feel that I can really drive it home with a few months of study.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
"Can you share the level of difficulity of QS compare to OG11?" - I do not know what QS and OG11 are. Can you translate this for me into non-GMAT speak. Kaplan practice seemed easier than Powerprep. I did better on the powerprep than on the real test, but I think that was just timing on the Quant. I didn't finish the last 7 questions on the real quant and had to random anwser. But all the same I do feel that the Powerprep was quite equal to the real GMAT. I went to Tufts U undergrad and scored a 1420 on the SAT without any study. Generally I pull 92% on things... so my 84% overall wasn't really that satisfactory to me. It is encouraging though that you all feel that I can really drive it home with a few months of study.

well people like you can easily score 750 or higher after a month of preparation.........usually people who score 650 with almost no study are the ones who actually end up scoring above 750 because they are blessed with shear talent.....but then, there are people like me who after 4 months of study scored 650 on the first powerprep and that too after knowing answers of so many questions...... :x :x
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
QS stands for quantative section and OG stands for Official Guide.

Ma466
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quant section on the real test is very tricky and time consuming... harder I would say.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey... After all, I didn't finish the last 7 questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi ,
If i study OG11+KAPLAN math review will be enough to do well in real test?

MA466
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just curious, how did you get your AWA results so quickly?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
They sent me an email saying they were availible online... Don't ask me what would prepare you for the quant. I am the least expert in studying here. I need a plan myself. I am finishing the CFA on June 3rd. I'll start a Veritas Prep course in July... What should I get for study btw those two times? Princeton review book?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
My verbal has shot way up... 94%-99% consistently. Math was still at 42 at last count, but been doing problem solving all week and going to do the Manhatten books this weekend. 700+ shouldn't be a problem... only question will be how good will my quant score be.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts