Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is 660 end of it? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know a guy with 660 in Univ of Chiago doing full time..

Move on with the apps now.. and get to gmat at a later time.. sometime in aug sept again.. but I think 660 is a good enough score to give a shot at a top school..

What do you all think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey my friend,

Don't feel disappointed.. Your score is really good. You have performed very well here, and you have time. I am sure you can get 680-700, actually more if you try again. You are not far away from that score!

come on cheer up :king
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also got a 660. My two reach schools are Chicago and Kellogg. At first I was contemplating on taking the exam again, but instead i'm going to concentrate on other areas such as my essays. I feel I have a shot with this score but I will be applying to some Elite and transelites as well. While it would be nice being accepted to an ultra-elite I honestly feel You can get just as much out of an MBA at non UE schools, just take a look at the profiles of various captains of industry you'll see that its not a necesity to get a UE degree. THen again it all depends on how you feel, if you do feel you can achive a higher score by all means go for it, but you should still hold your head up high, 660 is a good score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey dude its not a bad score. Still you have plenty of time to give another short. Think positive, you can do it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
MoonShine wrote:
I also got a 660. My two reach schools are Chicago and Kellogg. At first I was contemplating on taking the exam again, but instead i'm going to concentrate on other areas such as my essays. I feel I have a shot with this score but I will be applying to some Elite and transelites as well. While it would be nice being accepted to an ultra-elite I honestly feel You can get just as much out of an MBA at non UE schools, just take a look at the profiles of various captains of industry you'll see that its not a necesity to get a UE degree. THen again it all depends on how you feel, if you do feel you can achive a higher score by all means go for it, but you should still hold your head up high, 660 is a good score.

Definitely agree with Moonshine, 660 is a good score. You can go in most of the schools, depending on your profile. Berkley, UCLA, UNC definitely accepts students with 660....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1579 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey bewakoof, i understand what you're feelin. Like everyone said, 660 is competitive. But you are not applying till next year so you have plenty of time. You can take it again if you like. But don't wait too long, you might lose some knowledge. I know it sucks. Can you give a debriefing? btw what is H/S/W/K?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
joemama142000 wrote:
btw what is H/S/W/K?

Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/Kellogg :wink:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bewakoof wrote:
Sorry.. about my last post.. I can see why it was deleted..

I will post my debrief soon.I don't know whether I am going to retake the test. For now I just need to be pissed at myself and go running for miles!!

I dont want to be part of H/S/W/K cluster so I knew crossing a 700 mark was not imperative for me.. 68-700 would have definitely helped me in schools like Berkley, UCLA, UNC..

hey buddy,

660 is nice score. if you read the posts of Antmaval and Arsen-Wagner, you will realize it. they prooved that GMAT alone is not a confirmation to go to H/S/W/K/C/C.

Give another try.

Hope you will nulify your name. :wink:

Goodluck...............
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="Professor"][quote="bewakoof"]

H/S/W/K/C/C.

quote]

why not M at the end?....no one considers MIT Sloan to be good enough? :( :(

by the way 660 is not a bad score at all...it is all above 80 percentile....and you still have a very good shot at top schools provided you have a decent background overall...go for Haas.....or hass whatever it is..you know what i mean...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Abhishek,

I was waiting for your post here, sinec I knew your test was on 10th.

FIRST OF ALL, 660 is a very good score, don't feel bad!
Many people here have said that GMAT is not everything, GMAT is just another part of application & probably not as important as other parts of application. Also, there is lot of time for 2007 apps, so you can go ahead & give it another shot, I'm sure you will crack it :)

All the very best my friend :good
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
660 is not at all a bad score. Congrats.
But if you are taking it again, do not put it off for too long. You will easily lose focus.
Good luck !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks all for all the encouragement and support... You guys are the BEST!!.. I dont have to look for encouragement elsewehere when I have joemama, paul, duttsit and many more in front of me..

btw.. for all who don't know my name is Abhishek and not bewakoof.. though I lived up to the potential of my nick :) (Prof, I won't dissapoint you next time )No its not because of self-esteem.. its something my mommy used to call me.. " mera bewakoof beta".. :p

I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. I come from a family where I don't think we value education as much as we should in today's day and age. Perhaps because no one has ever graduated in family, too busy earning bread. I was the rebel in the family and decided to take the unconventional way of actually going to college. I knew I couldn't do it in India or Kathmandu because I would be engulfed in my parent's business and thus decided to come to US at age of 16. Everyone in the family was very very very upset with me..

This is where I faced the biggest problem in my life my ability to speak English. English was supposed to be my 4th language. Hindi, Nepali and Marwari were my first 3 languages.

Well I worked hard.. and graduated from college without any help from my parents.. and with no debt :).. with a GPA of 3.97.. Not bad ehh?? What I missed out was on my basics.. in both English and Math.. I had to take 2 english classes to graduate and which I passed with some amount of work..

So, from where I started(500 in my practice test) I don't think 660 is a bad score for me. It's an achievement. From the viewpoint of the amount of hard work, and the potential i have, 660 is very dissapointing and I could have done with anything 680-700. May be I needed a bit of luck.. I didn't want more than 700 either coz than it won't be fair to everyone else who is much more smarter than I am..

Right now, I am 22 yrs old and have a bit more than 2 yrs of work experience as a Software Engineer. I know I am young but at the same time I think I am ready for an MBA. I am trying to apply for 07' MBA.

I will soon post my briefing on my test experience.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMAT has nothing 2 do with smartness!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Abhishek! Don't be too disappointed. To start with, 660 is a good score. You are young, smart and have accomplished so much at such a young age and all by urself. I am sure you can hold your own if you go for it once more. You have all the time in the world.

Good Luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1448 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Abhishek, your score is very good. you really dont need to be disappointed. when you need any help, you can pm me. what are your target schools ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gsr wrote:
Hey Abhishek! Don't be too disappointed. To start with, 660 is a good score. You are young, smart and have accomplished so much at such a young age and all by urself. I am sure you can hold your own if you go for it once more. You have all the time in the world.

Good Luck!

Well said, as always :). I second. Where are you these days BTW?

Abhishek (good that I know your name, your nick name is hard to write ;)), let me congratulate you on the great achievement you have earned all "self-made". It shows your character and trust me it takes you far ahead that a 7xx gmat score alone can.

Gear up and retake if you really feel this does not represent your preparation (i remember you were clocking around 7xx in your test scores). On the other hand, if you can narrate your story effectively, I guess you might have chance in elite schools.

Best wishes!

duttsit
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Abhishek,

Thats great. now i understand that how much efforts or sacrifice you made to arrive at this point. the path you chosen in your community is not an easy one. thats a real rebeal cuz I know your community.

your first paragraph (as under) is best topic for one of your essay. if you stretch it little bit more, you will be done with one essay, which i believe will be very convincing.

at the age of 22, you have acheived this much and you aim so high .... i am impressed. you have sufficient time for one more test. i am sure you will be done by one more sitting.

shuvakamana timilai !!! :wink:

prof...

bewakoof wrote:
I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. I come from a family where I don't think we value education as much as we should in today's day and age. Perhaps because no one has ever graduated in family, too busy earning bread. I was the rebel in the family and decided to take the unconventional way of actually going to college. I knew I couldn't do it in India or Kathmandu because I would be engulfed in my parent's business and thus decided to come to US at age of 16. Everyone in the family was very very very upset with me..

This is where I faced the biggest problem in my life my ability to speak English. English was supposed to be my 4th language. Hindi, Nepali and Marwari were my first 3 languages.

Well I worked hard.. and graduated from college without any help from my parents.. and with no debt :).. with a GPA of 3.97.. Not bad ehh?? What I missed out was on my basics.. in both English and Math.. I had to take 2 english classes to graduate and which I passed with some amount of work..

Right now, I am 22 yrs old and have a bit more than 2 yrs of work experience as a Software Engineer. I know I am young but at the same time I think I am ready for an MBA. I am trying to apply for 07' MBA.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts