Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
great. time to party.

could you pls summarize your practice test scores? ..boost up a little :wink:

enjoy!!
dj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kaplan : 590, 550, 600, 640
Powerprep : 690, 710
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
could you share with us what was your final push to go past 700 .. also what you did in the last 2-3 days before the exam?

What is your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
In the quant section, I was trying to solve the word problems (rate, sets etc) using conventional methods. I started using grids for set and rate problems and after doing so my timing, as well as my reasoning, started to improve.

In the verbal section, I realized that I could not improve my CR scores past a point. I compensated by solving a lot of RC problems from Vstudy and GMATPlus, and did the same for SC. A friend of mine told me to solve RC problems after the brain has had some stress, e.g. after the workday, which will simulate test conditions - I thought it was a good tip.

As far as my profile goes, I have about 6 yrs work exp. - 3 yrs in India and 3 yrs in US in IT and telecom. I will start looking at the application process now because my profile isn't very unique, and a good app will make all the difference.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Could you show us an example of the method of grids and all that you are talking about please.

Which Univerities are you planning to apply to? Any in India or all in here?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, take any of the problems when person A starts walking from X to Y and B start from Y to X, speeds of each are given and you have to calculate where they meet. It's easier to solve it if you make a grid with the speed, distance and time - infact look at how the OG solves it (I dont have the problem number with me right now)

I would like to try US and European Universities, dont know if IIm takes GMAT scores
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
bluefox420 wrote:
Well, take any of the problems when person A starts walking from X to Y and B start from Y to X, speeds of each are given and you have to calculate where they meet. It's easier to solve it if you make a grid with the speed, distance and time - infact look at how the OG solves it (I dont have the problem number with me right now)

I would like to try US and European Universities, dont know if IIm takes GMAT scores

no, IIMs don't take gmat scores. you can try in ISB. they have a jet-speed, 1 yr, high profile curriculum and pretty good affiliations (only if these matter). To the Indian, and to an extent global, perspect ISB is a pretty decent choice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually IIMs do take GMAT scores. Please check the sites for details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Also, look at the OG problem with the airconditioned rooms/rented rooms calculation. If you try to solve it with algebraic methods, it would be much longer than if you do it with the grid as the OG does.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
pitts20042006 wrote:
Actually IIMs do take GMAT scores. Please check the sites for details.

yeh, that's right. IIMs do take gmat score, but they have a complicated clause there "..if you are residing outside India and can't take CAT, then you are eligible" what if a person is outside India, not permanently?? will he be eligible?

call IIMs and confirm.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes he will be eligible. You should not be in India during the admission period .. THAT is the clause.

If you are in India on the day of the CAT exam then you HAVE TO take it and NOT GMAT. If you are in india during the time when the IIM is conducting interviews and you are invited for one you HAVE TO attend the interview.

check site for details ...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts