Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
x242222,

congrats buddy. you posted some grt questions.

goodluck...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Congratulations buddy. :-D
And a very detailed and helpful post you have posted.
Best of luck for your Apps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool deal dude! Congrats!!
Awesome post too..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations......
So your effort paid dividends!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thatz a great score....

and after this much of hard work, you really deserve it. Congratulations!

All the best for your applications!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !! That is a gr8 verbal score, and you sure deserve it for your preparation.
This 690 is a very popular score in the club !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GONGRATULATIONS MATE!!!

:woohoo

Great score! Good luck with your apps. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats on your score.
Can you comment on the level of difficulty or similarity between

1. SC
2. RC
3. CR

on the actual test vs OG11

Heman
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the support. Here's the breakdown of my two PowerPrep Tests:

CAT1: 700 (48Q, 38V) -- 13 of the 37 Quantitative questions incorrect, 13 of the 41 Verbal questions incorrect

CAT2: 600 (45Q, 27V) -- 15 of the 37 Quantitative questions incorrect, 14 of the Verbal questions incorrect

The interesting thing here is that the number of questions that I got wrong didn't really vary much, though my score did (100 points). The lesson I took from this is that you really need to double check the first 10 questions of each section.

On the CAT1 test, I got the first 5 correct and 8 of the first 10 correct on the Quantitative. On the verbal, I got the first 9 correct and missed the 10th question. After that, my mistakes were dispersed evenly throughout.

On the CAT2 test, I got the first four Quantitative questions correct and 7 of the first 10. On the verbal, I got the first 2 questions right, but then missed questions 3-9. That's really what dropped my score to a 27.

Lesson learned: The first five to ten questions matter. In an ideal world, you'll get the first 10 correct. On the real GMAT however, that is easier said than done. It is more realistic to shoot for the first 5.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Between the OG11 Verbal questions and the actual test, I'd say the OG11 questions were slightly difficult. Aside from my first passage (which was short and dense) and the 4 RC questions that followed, the verbal was very straight forward. Unlike the math, I didn't see any curve balls. Of course there were a few tough CR and SC questions, but none were harder than the tough OG11 questions. On verbal portion of the actual test, I probably had to guess a couple of times, and that was usually after I was able to eliminate 2 or 3 choices.

Does that help? If not, I can elaborate more.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
x242222 wrote:
Between the OG11 Verbal questions and the actual test, I'd say the OG11 questions were slightly difficult. Aside from my first passage (which was short and dense) and the 4 RC questions that followed, the verbal was very straight forward. Unlike the math, I didn't see any curve balls. Of course there were a few tough CR and SC questions, but none were harder than the tough OG11 questions. On verbal portion of the actual test, I probably had to guess a couple of times, and that was usually after I was able to eliminate 2 or 3 choices.

Does that help? If not, I can elaborate more.

Thank you x242222 for your kind explanations.
Hope it will help, especially as to verbal.

Any words about math please?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah definitely. Here's what I recall about the quantitative part. Again, my mantra going in was "Nail the first 5 questions and most importantly stay on pace".

Question one was a PS factorial question. Something comparable to:
1. (67! - 65!)/(64!) is equal to A,B,C,D,E. Not really tough, but I double and triple checked my answer because if you get the first question wrong, you might as well go home and not take the rest of the test.

2. The 2nd question was a tricky PS coordinate geometry question about the area of a triangle. Again, I double and triple checked this one. It had a mix of positive and negative coordinates, and they weren't right triangles, so you had to think it through

3. This was the one I struggled with hard. After 3-4 mins, I still couldn't even get an answer that resembled choices A through E. I couldn't even eliminate an answer. I literally took a blind guess, and was pretty dejected when I decided to do so because I knew getting the 3rd question wrong was bad juju. Oh well, life goes on.

I don't remember the next three questions, but my first DS question was on number 7. It was mildly tough. Similar to the questions posted on the math section of this website.

The only thing I would say is that I probably answered between 1500-2000 math practice questions, so I thought I had seen most of the different types of questions going into the test, but even with that amount of preparation, I felt very challenged throughout the entire test. There were probably only 3-5 questions of the 37 that I would classify as "easy" questions. The rest were pretty tough.

After taking the quantitative section, the verbal was like a walk in the park. Very few curve balls.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My final note. I got my official score report today and scored a 5.5 on the AWA. For what it's worth, I am not a particularly strong writer, so for people who fret over the AWA, you can relax.

Jeff
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great scrore, and good luck with your apps
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder